White Sox about to sign Bartolo Colon?

chisox2334

from Impactodeportivo.com.

The leader Ozzie Guillen went to Santiago de los Caballeros to see Bartolo Colon.

Later than ever, now will be the fruits.

. According knew this Tuesday Impactodeportivo.com.do, Columbus has reached a preliminary agreement with the White Sox.

At the moment is in the process of physical examination.

The last tempoarada took 6-8 mark and 6.34 effectiveness, and now seems to be aimed at Chicago.

Espere más detalles. Wait for more details.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something doesn't seem right. He reportedly did not want to sign with because he was not going to be given a spot in the rotation and had to earn it and he wanted a two-year deal guaranteed, which the Sox did not want to do. I don't think the Sox have changed, so BC must have. But I will wait for another source first, but impact did report the Dotel thing right?

Don't you love online translators: "Later than ever, now will be the fruits. "

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 09:03 PM)
If it does wind up being true, I'd just like to say that I hate this deal.

lets just hope the competition lights a fire under Danks and Floyd. Possibly Massett and Egbert as well.

If true I really duno what the w sox are really doing. This spring training has alot players at attention... Brian Anderson seems to me going be gone, Masset is out of options, Floyd is out of options but they like him alot. Does Danks have options go back down?

If they get rid of Masset for Fatolo, KW has had an offseason to be fired over.

1. Waste money on Uribe

2. Move Garland, a solid #3 SP who is 27 for a 35 y/o SS

3. Drain your already weak minors on a guy who averages .260 with many Ks

4. Then Masset/Floyd gone for Colon.

Ridiculous.

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 09:09 PM)
If true I really duno what the w sox are really doing. This spring training has alot players at attention... Brian Anderson seems to me going be gone, Masset is out of options, Floyd is out of options but they like him alot. Does Danks have options go back down?

Danks should have 3 options remaining.

And here's the link for anyone who's curious: http://www.impactodeportivo.com.do/?op=dis...amp;format=html

Why hate this deal? This is what they should be doing, spending the money (that I help contribute) to fill holes and get depth. I would understand hating this deal if we sent out some young talent (or any talent for that matter), but it's hard to hate it without knowing how much they even offered.

This isn't to say that I'm a fan of Bartolo Colon, but I'm not a believer in Floyd or Danks so the more pitchers to compete the better.

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 10:11 PM)
I know everyone expecting be a 2 yr. deal but could it be everyone passed and Colon took contract w sox gave?

If this is even true, this is what I suspect. Someone pried him away from the burrito bar and told him this was his only chance to earn more burritos.

But if it's consistent with deals KW has been giving out, then it's a 2 year deal with a NTC for 2008.

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 09:13 PM)
If they get rid of Masset for Fatolo, KW has had an offseason to be fired over.

1. Waste money on Uribe

2. Move Garland, a solid #3 SP who is 27 for a 35 y/o SS

3. Drain your already weak minors on a guy who averages .260 with many Ks

4. Then Masset/Floyd gone for Colon.

Ridiculous.

Orlando Cabrera is 33, the Uribe situation is a non-issue and to characterize Swisher as a .260 hitting K machine is a joke.

So if this did indeed happen, would this make either Danks or Floyd expendable in a Brian Roberts deal (with Danny Richar being included also).

Something like I dunno, Danks + Richar + Uribe for Roberts (maybe with us adding in something else).

QUOTE(chwhtsox @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 07:14 PM)
Why hate this deal? This is what they should be doing, spending the money (that I help contribute) to fill holes and get depth. I would understand hating this deal if we sent out some young talent (or any talent for that matter), but it's hard to hate it without knowing how much they even offered.

This isn't to say that I'm a fan of Bartolo Colon, but I'm not a believer in Floyd or Danks so the more pitchers to compete the better.

Because any signing of Colon unless it's to a minor league deal guarantees that Danks is going to be sent down, because Floyd is not going to be simply released by the team. And I really don't want to see Danks in the minor leagues. Signing Colon would leave me rooting for Jose to wind up on the DL in ST so that we could actually have the 2 guys we need to get time in the major league starting rotation actually in to that rotation.

And Hell...if I'm looking towards the future at all, I'd rather give Egbert and Broadway and Haeger and Sisco the chance to fill in if anyone does get hurt than Colon. If We're signing him, I want him in AAA as like a 5rd backup option. And I don't think that's going to happen.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 03:18 AM)
Something like I dunno, Danks + Richar + Uribe for Roberts (maybe with us adding in something else).

That would be a miserable deal. Yippee -- let's trade arguably our brightest young pitcher for a non-elite 30-year old second-baseman just to fill the imaginary hole of not having a "leadoff man".

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 07:18 PM)
So if this did indeed happen, would this make either Danks or Floyd expendable in a Brian Roberts deal (with Danny Richar being included also).

My God, this works better than ipecac.