• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
Briggs settled for 6/36?

Ummm, wow.

That's huge for the Bears.

I actually am not surprise he is back, I just read your post from the other day from the guy who said he wasnt going to stay. What it comes down to is that teams didnt value him that high, and his agent lied to him saying he would get so much money. He could have signed two seasons ago, but its a break that the Bears get him now for another 6 years starting the next season. Urlacher may still get a little bit of a raise ask he asked for and according to Berrien the Bears stayed in the race til the end.

I would be excited for a Javon Walker signing that would be fantastic, but I dont see it happening. Receivers dont go to a team blindfolded so they dont know what QB is throwing him, everyone knows are QB situation and unless we find money we dont have we will just be looking in the draft. On top of Jamar Williams being the replacement to possibly hillenmeyer, dont forget our draft pick last season which was Owko. I remember the pick so much because I wanted Trent Edwards(Buff QB), I was so pissed.

Our draft strategy changes drastically with the bitter sweet day. I think its well over 50% that we drop down in the draft to a late 1st, pick up Sweed(his stock is rising), and pick up an 2 OL in the 2nd round(ours and another teams picks). This also changes if we fork money to a FA OL, but theres only one major OL impact out there and thats Faneca who wants pretty much the exact deal Briggs received.

I think there is two OL that I would take a real strong look at and that is Shane Olivea, who is 26 and was on the Chargers. The other is Jacob Bell, who is 26 and was on the Titans. Those guys would be nice pickups for our line and give us some stress relief.

On top of that I am very surprise to see that the Jags traded Marcus Stroud to the Bills.

The only WR I could see out there signing with the Bears is Booker.

If you're Javon Walker, do you want to go to a team that would have either Orton or Grossman starting, or a team such as the Cowboys who has a far better option at QB?

As for Stroud, a couple of years ago he was a very dominant DT. But he's been injured since then, and not really worth the big salary.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 10:56 PM)
If you're Javon Walker, do you want to go to a team that would have either Orton or Grossman starting, or a team such as the Cowboys who has a far better option at QB?

I thought I said that ... ?

and knightni .. i didnt say sign him .. I said the two OL i think they should sign ... alright though

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 03:15 PM)
Think they'll be any vet WR/RBs released around draft time that would be worth picking up?

You know there will be. Most of them are pretty well known about when it happens, but occassionally there is the surprise release.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 08:02 AM)
ESPN reporting that the Falcons have signed Michael Turner

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3273710

Wouldn't imagine the Falcons will draft McFadden now.

But a good signing this is for the Falcons. Turner doesn't exactly have a lot of wear and tear as a running back.

The list of McFadden suitors is getting thinner.

I would almost bet that a team who doesn't need him, drafts him. Like when Deuce McCallister was picked by NO after they had Ricky Williams, Reggie Bush after they had McCallister and Minny drafting Adrian Peterson after they had Chester Taylor.

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 03:52 PM)
The list of McFadden suitors is getting thinner.

I would almost bet that a team who doesn't need him, drafts him. Like when Deuce McCallister was picked by NO after they had Ricky Williams, Reggie Bush after they had McCallister and Minny drafting Adrian Peterson after they had Chester Taylor.

Ide say Oakland is looking like a good fit.. He wont slip past the Jets I would imagine

Falcons looking like they'll be getting Matt Ryan if Miami doesn't take him

QUOTE(Shadows @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 05:00 PM)
Ide say Oakland is looking like a good fit.. He wont slip past the Jets I would imagine

Falcons looking like they'll be getting Matt Ryan if Miami doesn't take him

Thomas Jones will be pissed. It'll be Cedric Benson all over again...except McFadden's actually good.

Also, I can't see Miami taking Ryan if they want to give Beck another shot this year.

Well Miami's going to find it very hard to trade down.

There's no real #1 pick, and teams don't want to pay a huge bonus for a guy like that.

I'd take the offensive tackle Long if I was Miami still. They do a better job at protecting the QB, and that will help improve the offense the most.

And Oakland picking McFadden would just be typical of the Raiders. But yeah if he was there for the Jets, I could see them picking him as well.

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
Thomas Jones will be pissed. It'll be Cedric Benson all over again...except McFadden's actually good.

Also, I can't see Miami taking Ryan if they want to give Beck another shot this year.

Its between Ryan, Chris Long, and Jake Long

We already have a pretty good LT in Vernon Carey.. I dunno if they would move him back to RT to take Jake Long

Chris Long would play OLB most likely, and we have been signing a s*** load of LBers so far and we really need some ILBs most of all

Matt Ryan is the prototype QB Parcells likes, so I dont know..

It doesnt really matter to me, ide welcome all 3 of them

I've heard they'd move Carey back to RT if they drafted Jake Long.

And that's probably the best idea IMHO. Carey would be better at RT, he's not exactly a dominant LT.

If you draft Ryan, you're basically saying that the John Beck pick was a mistake, and Jeff Ireland liked him in last season's draft.

That would have Parcells' influence all over it if they drafted Ryan instead.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 09:33 PM)
I've heard they'd move Carey back to RT if they drafted Jake Long.

And that's probably the best idea IMHO. Carey would be better at RT, he's not exactly a dominant LT.

If you draft Ryan, you're basically saying that the John Beck pick was a mistake, and Jeff Ireland liked him in last season's draft.

That would have Parcells' influence all over it if they drafted Ryan instead.

He was very underrated last year, he did a hell of a job at LT and should have been a pro bowler at RT the year before.. we cant really go wrong either way..

And yes, but the Beck pick was from a different regime so Matt Ryan is a strong possibility and it would be Parcells call there.. Beck is the starter right now, and they are going to bring in someone to compete with him.. McCown was signed to be the back up, that was reported earlier..

This tells me that Flacco, Ryan, or Henne will be drafted by Miami

Miami apparently offered the 20 million in guaranteed money Calvin Pace was looking for so I would assume he will be signing soon.. If he does, I think that pretty much pencils in Jake Long as the #1 pick because I don't see why they would take Chris Long with the current signings and players already on the roster..

Still could be Matt Ryan, but it was reported today they like Beck so who knows