Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 10:35 AM)
St Louis 9-7

Atlanta 6-10

Miami 5-11

Kansas City 4-12

San Francisco 4-12

Oakland 3-13

IMO

That's a pretty lofty 9 wins for St. Louis in my opinion, we'll see. I'd give them 6 wins or so. I think the rest are accurate, and we all know that there's going to be at least one team who is supposed to be good that'll be in the 4-5 win category. The Bengals or Browns would be my guess.

Edited by WilliamTell

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chiefs remaining schedule:

Oakland Raiders

at Atlanta Falcons

Denver Broncos

at Carolina Panthers

Bye

Tennessee Titans

at New York Jets

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

at San Diego Chargers

New Orleans Saints

Buffalo Bills

at Oakland Raiders

at Denver Broncos

San Diego Chargers

Miami Dolphins

at Cincinnati Bengals

The only games they MIGHT win are today vs Oakland, @ Oakland later in the year, Miami, and Cincinnati.

I'm saying 2 or 3 wins for KC.

The Chiefs suck, and a complete overhaul is what they had intended to do when they started getting the wheels turning last season..

I would be shocked if they aren't the worst team in the league, they got a lot of good young pieces but they need a QB which im sure will be next in line for them.

There is no way St. Louis wins 9 games, they are garbage. Sorry knight.

I guarentee they win more than 2 games. This team won 10 games in 2005 and made the playoffs in 2006. They are not that much different than those previous years. The only difference is losing 2 Hall of Fame linemen to retirement, and their quarterback situation (granted those are 2 big problems.) Their defense is young and will continue to get better, the offensive line is young and should get better. They will have a lot of rookies playing this year, meaning they probably won't win more than 4 or 5 games. And I don't like Herm Edwards as a coach, I wish they would've gone in a different direction.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 10:50 AM)
How do you think Bulger and Holt will do today, I started them on one of my fantasy teams last week and wasn't happy.

Bulger is on a fast downhill. Just too hurt. Not too mention they are playing the Giants.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
Ya, he also slowed down towards the end of the year. Im not saying AP isnt great, Im just saying the secret is out now, so things like no passing game are going to effect his production more now that he has a bulls eye on his back as opposed to being a rookie who had a few good games. teams werent loading the box AS much the beginning of last season because AP was still new, now teams are going to force Jackson to beat them. This isnt hard to follow, its football 101 and comparing it to something like Manning being on the Bears is stupid.

secret's out huh?

AP for 72 rushing yards, in the first quarter...I figured the colts would be loading the box?

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
AROD is off to a ridiculous start to this season thru the first 1.5 games

32 of 39 383 yards 4 TD 0 INT

Brett Favre who?

He looks like a seasoned veteran out there. Throwing darts.

A couple thoughts:

John Tait sucks.

Orton looks okay, I'd like to see Hester, Forte, and Clark get more touches (receiving touches for Forte, I mean).

Forte looks pretty solid.

The defense looks great.

Olsen sucks and is soft as hell.

Brad Maynard- get your head out of your a**!

KEEP RUNNING THE DAMN BALL

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 01:28 PM)
A couple thoughts:

John Tait sucks.

Orton looks okay, I'd like to see Hester, Forte, and Clark get more touches (receiving touches for Forte, I mean).

Forte looks pretty solid.

The defense looks great.

Olsen sucks and is soft as hell.

Brad Maynard- get your head out of your a**!

KEEP RUNNING THE DAMN BALL

Outside of a couple of false starts, the O-Line has been good against a good Carolina D-Line. Not sure what Tait has done wrong today.

Olsen? Soft? BS. Horrible fumble as I felt the Bears were gonna score on that drive, but he isn't soft.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 01:54 PM)
AROD is off to a ridiculous start to this season thru the first 1.5 games

32 of 39 383 yards 4 TD 0 INT

Brett Favre who?

Not hating on the guy because I found myself defending him against Favre's fanboys all offseason, but it's the Lions.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
Outside of a couple of false starts, the O-Line has been good against a good Carolina D-Line. Not sure what Tait has done wrong today.

Olsen? Soft? BS. Horrible fumble as I felt the Bears were gonna score on that drive, but he isn't soft.

I am pleasantly surprised at the apparent non-s***tiness of this offensive line.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 01:55 PM)
Not hating on the guy because I found myself defending him against Favre's fanboys all offseason, but it's the Lions.

well, in defense, he had a very good game against the vikings too who are currently shutting out the colts and the god-send himself peyton manning

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)
well, in defense, he had a very good game against the vikings too who are currently shutting out the colts and the god-send himself peyton manning

I'm just saying, Rex Grossman plays amazing against the Lions because they are one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL.