Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
yea I hear ya but still hard to discredit anything this kid has done since stepping into the big shoes as the Favre heir apparent

Yet still, it's been 2 games... let's accelerate the hype train at a reasonable pace here. At some point this season he's going to hit a wall like all QBs do.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 02:25 PM)
Yet still, it's been 2 games... let's accelerate the hype train at a reasonable pace here. At some point this season he's going to hit a wall like all QBs do.

well after the first three games of the season we will find out a lot about the kid because next week the packers play the NFC favorite Cowboys

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 01:29 PM)
well after the first three games of the season we will find out a lot about the kid because next week the packers play the NFC favorite Cowboys

Who aren't that great on defense themselves. I hate the Packers but gotta give the kid his due.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
Orton's numbers look a lot better than he's actually played today.

I don't think I'm ever going to be a Kyle Orton fan at this pace. I'm trying, I really am, but he has to show me something once in a while. It's not that much to ask for more than 200 yards, is it?

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
BS. He hasn't turned the ball over and has made some good 3rd down completions...now misses a wide open Booker.

If Carolina defenders could catch the ball, he would have had 2 picks in this half. I just cringe every time he throws the ball deep.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
BS. He hasn't turned the ball over and has made some good 3rd down completions...now misses a wide open Booker.

He hasn't really done very much of anything. This offense clearly runs through Matt Forte, Kyle Orton is just along for the ride.

f***ing olsen let this team back in it twice....penalties also cost forte about 30 extra yards rushing...awful mistakes have really cost us this game...not to mention the penalties on special teams that gave carolina a HUGE field position advantage all game

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 01:42 PM)
Panthers lead...way to work Bears D!!! Man they look awful.

They have been out on the field all afternoon. Not sure if it is just me, but looks like Maynard isn't punting as well as usual as well.

Curious what Time of Possession is this half.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)
Outside of a couple of false starts, the O-Line has been good against a good Carolina D-Line. Not sure what Tait has done wrong today.

Olsen? Soft? BS. Horrible fumble as I felt the Bears were gonna score on that drive, but he isn't soft.

Have you ever seen him knock somebody on their a** blocking? Have you ever seen him make a catch and run somebody over?