Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 06:21 PM)
Talk about overrated. Buddy Ryan won the Superbowl. Ditka received all of the credit.

No question about it. Buddy Ryan is probably, the best DC ever. That being said, Ditka had this personality about him that i think rubbed off on the team. Strategically, yeah. Ditka wasn't the most sound, but he was more then a decent vocal leader, which i can't say for Lovie

Dallas is back in it, after a big win last night.

6-4 now, with home games coming up against Seattle and SF. We should be 8-4 after those, and at least have our playoff destiny in our own hands.

More importantly, the defense has stepped it up, with the decision to not play a zone coverage with the CB's anymore.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
Dallas is back in it, after a big win last night.

6-4 now, with home games coming up against Seattle and SF. We should be 8-4 after those, and at least have our playoff destiny in our own hands.

More importantly, the defense has stepped it up, with the decision to not play a zone coverage with the CB's anymore.

Hey Stranger! Welcome back to this thread! It's been a few weeks huh? ;)

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 09:09 AM)
I'm the same way. I'm listening to music while I work today instead. I watched a few derrick rose youtube clips to get my mind off that beatdown. :P

How much better is Rose in all aspects of the game than Michael Beasley? What a great decision by Pax.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 11:11 AM)
How much better is Rose in all aspects of the game than Michael Beasley? What a great decision by Pax.

Rose may have saved his job. Maybe the heat should have went with Mayo at # 2? Jury is still out, but character issues may prevent Beasley from ever jumping to that elite level (Example: Carmelo Anthony) . Not saying they are bad people, just saying they are not winners. Rose has shown me he is a winner.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 09:58 AM)
Hey Stranger! Welcome back to this thread! It's been a few weeks huh? ;)

Ha, well no I've actually been posting most weeks on this thread. I just don't have to diss on the Bears every week (although I very well could after yesterday's performance).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 10:24 AM)
We appreciate it. :lol:

I think others on here do a good enough job of that anyway.

FWIW, the Chargers who had been terrible on D with Cottrell as their D co-ordinator until he got canned, looked pretty decent against the Steelers with Rivera calling the plays.

Still the conditions weren't exactly suited for a high scoring game anyways.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 09:27 AM)
I think others on here do a good enough job of that anyway.

FWIW, the Chargers who had been terrible on D with Cottrell as their D co-ordinator until he got canned, looked pretty decent against the Steelers with Rivera calling the plays.

Still the conditions weren't exactly suited for a high scoring game anyways.

The Chargers defense was still pretty bad yesterday. Steelers racked up 410 yards, with 13 penalties for 115 yards as well. Steelers can get from the 20 to the 20 without any problems, but inside the redzone Ben either throws an interception or the OL gets blown up and the Steelers settle for field goals if anything.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 10:57 AM)
The Chargers defense was still pretty bad yesterday. Steelers racked up 410 yards, with 13 penalties for 115 yards as well. Steelers can get from the 20 to the 20 without any problems, but inside the redzone Ben either throws an interception or the OL gets blown up and the Steelers settle for field goals if anything.

I saw that the Chargers had a decent pass rush for the 1st time all season also, but then again, Ben's the QB who argubly holds onto the ball longer than anyone else.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 11:23 AM)
I saw that the Chargers had a decent pass rush for the 1st time all season also, but then again, Ben's the QB who argubly holds onto the ball longer than anyone else.

The Steelers' offensive line is actually pretty atrocious.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 11:41 AM)
The Steelers' offensive line is actually pretty atrocious.

No doubt, which probably explains how the Chargers went from having 1 or 2 sacks before this game, to having 3 in the 1st half.

It's too bad for the Steelers, because it's the 1 thing that's missing from taking that team to the next level. They really need to draft an OT come the draft.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
Ya, he also slowed down towards the end of the year. Im not saying AP isnt great, Im just saying the secret is out now, so things like no passing game are going to effect his production more now that he has a bulls eye on his back as opposed to being a rookie who had a few good games. teams werent loading the box AS much the beginning of last season because AP was still new, now teams are going to force Jackson to beat them. This isnt hard to follow, its football 101 and comparing it to something like Manning being on the Bears is stupid.

i thought teams were going to load up the box this year and AP wouldn't be nearly as productive? I will give you his yards per carry has decreased (although 4.9 i still very, very good) but 1100 rushing yards through 11 games aint too shabby (1st in NFL). I'd say he has been quite productive

QUOTE (Shadows @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
Can we put the Bills talk to rest yet or do you still think they have a chance?

Just because they don't have a chance doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about them. It's the MNF game.

Anyways, after I said that, they gave it to Lynch and Jackson and now their only down 13-10 at half.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
Just because they don't have a chance doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about them. It's the MNF game.

Anyways, after I said that, they gave it to Lynch and Jackson and now their only down 13-10 at half.

I didnt say no one should talk about them period, I was more referring to your claims on them