Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)
Really? You want the DC from one of the worst teams all season? I understand that Williams has a nice history, but to see the Jaguars pack it in with a good portion of the season left is pretty telling on how much the coaching is getting through to the players.

And this isnt to say I want to keep Babich, I want him gone yesterday

The Jaguars weren't really s*** before Williams got there because they had absolutely ZERO pass rush, I hardly blame him for the condition of that team. Williams has been the architect of enough top 5 defenses in his career for me to be able to overlook this past season.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 05:34 PM)
The Steelers offensive line is so awful. Mixed with a QB that loves to the hold onto the ball like it is a new born baby instead of throwing it away.

Yeah, they are always fun to watch because their defense is just so amazingly good, and their offensive line (in terms of pass blocking) is so amazingly awful (although as you said, Big Ben just holds the ball too long). And yet again, Dallas chokes like dogs in the clutch, it amazes me that one of the top 3 or 4 franchises in NFL history has turned into notorious chokers the last decade. New Orleans did them a BIG favor today though, that NFC playoff race is pretty crazy. It's a shame the Lions couldn't help the Bears out today, but at least the Bears helped themselves.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 06:59 PM)
Dick LeBeau is amazing. Arguably the best DC in the history of the NFL, and the sole reason for the Steelers being 10-3 right now. Tomlin just stands in the sideline and either claps when things are going bad or chest bumps his players. Thank God for the Rooney rule.

Wow

Dick LeBeau is amazing. Arguably the best DC in the history of the NFL, and the sole reason for the Steelers being 10-3 right now. Tomlin just stands in the sideline and either claps when things are going bad or chest bumps his players. Thank God for the Rooney rule.

Yeah, whatever buddy.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 11:39 PM)
My Power Rankings

1. Titans

2. Giants

3. Colts

4. Steelers

5. Ravens

6. Bucs

Keep in mind, these are not College football rankings. I do not care entirely about records. My rankings below are the top 10 teams in the NFL, in my eyes, right now.

1.Giants

2.Colts

3.Steelers

4.Titans

5.Cowboys

6.Panthers

7.Ravens

8.Bucs

9.Eagles

10 Patriots

QUOTE (rangercal @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 11:37 PM)
Keep in mind, these are not College football rankings. I do not care entirely about records. My rankings below are the top 10 teams in the NFL, in my eyes, right now.

1.Giants

2.Colts

3.Steelers

4.Titans

5.Cowboys

6.Panthers

7.Ravens

8.Bucs

9.Eagles

10 Patriots

You do realize that not only did the Titans beat the Colts this year, but they’ve been strong against them for years. That and the Colts rushing D is terrible, right?

What exactly has changed since the beginning of the season? Yeah, Manning's progressed, but they still have faults and are beating the crap out of bad teams. Meanwhile, the Titans laid an absolute egg up in New York, but have been steady the rest of the year. Plus, they play into the Colts Weaknesses. Also, I realize that saying, “you do realize” in that tone was slightly condescending”, my bad and no harm meant.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 12:54 AM)
You can use my couch after you make that bet, if you want.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 12:59 AM)
What exactly has changed since the beginning of the season? Yeah, Manning's progressed, but they still have faults and are beating the crap out of bad teams. Meanwhile, the Titans laid an absolute egg up in New York, but have been steady the rest of the year. Plus, they play into the Colts Weaknesses. Also, I realize that saying, "you do realize" in that tone was slightly condescending", my bad and no harm meant.

Think what you want. It's my opinion. Remember in the NFL "Any Given Sunday".

The last few weeks we have seen the

Broncos lose to the Raiders

Titans lose to the Jets

Jets Lose to the Broncos

There are so many variables in the NFL , differentiation of schedules,injuries, the right game plan.

My rankings are what I see at face value.

Edited by rangercal

FWIW Ranger, I have absolutely no problem with your rankings. I'd disagree with a few things as I think the Eagles are too inconsistent to be a top 10 team though they do have the talent, but overall they look pretty good. Even at 12-1, I'm having trouble believing in the Titans.

oh, and 6 points in the last 8 quarters for Buffalo after a game in which they scored 54 f***ing points. Yeah, pack it in boys.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 01:23 AM)
FWIW Ranger, I have absolutely no problem with your rankings. I'd disagree with a few things as I think the Eagles are too inconsistent to be a top 10 team though they do have the talent, but overall they look pretty good. Even at 12-1, I'm having trouble believing in the Titans.

oh, and 6 points in the last 8 quarters for Buffalo after a game in which they scored 54 f***ing points. Yeah, pack it in boys.

The Eagles are inconsistent, you are right about that. But, Westbrook has been unreal the last 2 weeks. The eagles with Westbrook playing at a high level are a top 10 team, imo. Without Westbrook being a major factor, they might not be a top 20 team.

Well if ignorance is bliss, this post is the epitome of joy.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 12:15 AM)
ouch

I mean really, that's as misinformed a post (at least the Tomlin part) as I've ever seen on the NFL on this board. LeBeau was there for Cowher's first 5 years (all playoff years) in Pittsburgh, and they missed the playoffs 3 of the next 4 years after he left. Does that mean Cowher couldn't coach his first 9 years in the Steel City and LeBeau did all the work?

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 02:34 AM)
I mean really, that's as misinformed a post (at least the Tomlin part) as I've ever seen on the NFL on this board. LeBeau was there for Cowher's first 5 years (all playoff years) in Pittsburgh, and they missed the playoffs 3 of the next 4 years after he left. Does that mean Cowher couldn't coach his first 9 years in the Steel City and LeBeau did all the work?

I agree. I was just looking for a doctor, because you burned him with that post pretty bad.