Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 6, 2009 -> 01:05 AM)
After his sack totals, then what?

How many forced fumbles did he have this season FWIW?

I'm biased and will say that he deserved to win, but Harrison was a deserving winner nonetheless.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The biggest play of the game (the 3rd and long pass to Heap on the last drive) should have been a delay of game, and the fact a missed call was such a key factor in a playoff game is a shame. I'm still also curious as to if Flacco stayed in bounds when he rolled out at the very back of the end zone on a 3rd and long pass play before Baltimore punted in the 4th quarter. However, at the end of the day, Tennessee had 3 giveaways (one at the Baltimore 32, another at the Baltimore 17, and a third at the Baltimore 6) zero takeaways, and 12 penalties. You have nobody to blame but yourself when you put up those numbers and lose a playoff game.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 10, 2009 -> 10:45 PM)
The Arizona Cardinals are the Cubs of the NFL.

Bears or lions have to be the closet thing to a cub ;). (plus the bears played at wrigley.)

Imagine if the cards stayed in chicago, since they played at comiskey... would most sox fans be Card fans?

Just because of those thoughts, I'll root for the Cards today.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 10, 2009 -> 08:29 PM)
The biggest play of the game (the 3rd and long pass to Heap on the last drive) should have been a delay of game, and the fact a missed call was such a key factor in a playoff game is a shame. I'm still also curious as to if Flacco stayed in bounds when he rolled out at the very back of the end zone on a 3rd and long pass play before Baltimore punted in the 4th quarter. However, at the end of the day, Tennessee had 3 giveaways (one at the Baltimore 32, another at the Baltimore 17, and a third at the Baltimore 6) zero takeaways, and 12 penalties. You have nobody to blame but yourself when you put up those numbers and lose a playoff game.

Those are the two biggest things that crossed my mind during that game.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 10, 2009 -> 07:29 PM)

He did stay in bounds. They showed the replay twice on SC.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 10, 2009 -> 07:29 PM)

Pretty much my thoughts. The Titans dominated this game every which way except where it counts. I picked the Ravens to get to the SB. I'll stick with them. But I'm considerably less impressed by them after today's game. They really had no business winning.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jan 10, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
Go Cards!

Imagine a Chargers/Cardinals SB. Who would have thunk it in week 14?

Cards are making a believer outta me. We all knew they could throw the ball (Larry Fitzgerald is from another planet not called earth). But their running game is getting better by the week. Their D in the last two weeks has locked up 2 of the top 3 RBs in the NFC, and has been stifling overall.