Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jan 6, 2009 -> 07:36 AM)
I thought Jared Allen should have been runner up. Besides Peterson, he was Minnesota's MVP this year.

Anyways, I got:

Giants over Eagles

Panthers over Cardinals

Titans over Ravens (UPSET?)

Steelers over Chargers

I'm to assume San Diego is going to win, correct?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2009 -> 08:19 PM)
It's going to be Steelers vs Cards with the Steelers winning it all.

I really, really, really, really don't want to see Arizona in the super bowl against the Steelers. Warner + Fitgerald and possibly Boldin scares the crap out of me. Especially with Ike Taylor out there trying to defend.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 03:05 AM)
So much for the NFC West being weaker than the NFC North.

You were the only one actually arguing this that I can recall. Nobody really cares, the Seahawks and the Rams are still laughingstocks, the 49ers still suck but are improving finally, and even though they're in the NFC Championship, the Cardinals are still a 7-loss team who went 2-4 down the stretch but they clinched early so it doesn't matter because he division sucks. Why do you bring the NFC North into everything?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 06:04 AM)
You were the only one actually arguing this that I can recall. Nobody really cares, the Seahawks and the Rams are still laughingstocks, the 49ers still suck but are improving finally, and even though they're in the NFC Championship, the Cardinals are still a 7-loss team who went 2-4 down the stretch but they clinched early so it doesn't matter because he division sucks. Why do you bring the NFC North into everything?

Because you stated they were much better than either West team, but yet, those teams clinched their division, and you gave them(ARI) crap for losing down the stretch. You know a lot of teams are more concentrated on being healthy down the stretch once they clinched. And for SD, yea, their division was down, but it was still better than the NFC Bore as evident by both West teams advancing at least into the second round of the playoffs.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 10:45 AM)
Because you stated they were much better than either West team, but yet, those teams clinched their division, and you gave them(ARI) crap for losing down the stretch. You know a lot of teams are more concentrated on being healthy down the stretch once they clinched. And for SD, yea, their division was down, but it was still better than the NFC Bore as evident by both West teams advancing at least into the second round of the playoffs.

Arizona wasnt benching starters down the stretch, they were getting thrashed and looked bad while doing it, and their starters were all in. I applaud them for finding their early-season form, but they looked really bad at the end of the season

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 11:45 AM)

No, my whole point was that division winners should not be guaranteed a home game just because they won a crappy division. At the time I was talking about SD, and since it also applied to AZ I said AZ should not be hosting a playoff game either. I never said anything bad about the quality of SD or AZ as teams except that they lost too many games to deserve a home game (although I admit I don't like SD), those are your assumptions apparently, since you keep bringing it up. The NFC North and the quality of teams thereof is completely, totally, absolutely 100% irrelevant to this discussion.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 02:56 PM)
Like a funeral. They all blame Eli. But most fans seem to tip their hats off to the Eagles.

Figures. He definitely deserves his share of the blame. But that was a team collapse yesterday. From Tom Coughlin to shady O-line play (I thought Snee and McKenzie played well. The rest not so much) to a defense that, while doing a great job of shutting down Westbrook (I really like Terrell Thomas), did little to generate any consistent pass rush. And it can't be underestimated how much they missed Plaxico.