Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 18, 2009 -> 08:58 PM)
I don't think so. He just really had no chance against a defense of this caliber. Especially on the road in a game of this magnitude. They desperately needed to run the ball effectively to win the game. And with McClain a non-factor due to injury, the Ravens really had no chance.

Nope. Reed is by far the best ballhawking safety in the league. As Palehose stated, Troy excels at both ballhawking and as a run stopper. Congrats by the way Palehose.

Agree to disagree then. I think Ed is better as does Troy, but there really isn't a way to say, for sure, without a doubt as one guy is not definitely better than the next. And since I would take either one on my team and not be upset about it, I'll leave it at that. I would prefer Ed Reed, you would prefer Troy. Not shabby options, especially when you consider Bears safeties, or for my team, the Cowboys.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 10:14 AM)
A team that used to play at Comiskey is in the Super Bowl, how can you NOT root for them!?

Oh wait, Kurt Warner's their QB. :lol:

Yeah. How on earth could you pull for a QB who is a 2 time MVP, was said to be done, only to get his starting job back and take a franchise that was so inept to the Super Bowl. Not to mention no off field problems and does oodles of charity work.

I just hate guys like that.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 10:28 AM)
Yeah. How on earth could you pull for a QB who is a 2 time MVP, was said to be done, only to get his starting job back and take a franchise that was so inept to the Super Bowl. Not to mention no off field problems and does oodles of charity work.

I just hate guys like that.

To quote Kurt, "amen"

Pardon me if I'd like my football to be free of props to Jesus over and over again.

Edited by bschmaranz

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 11:54 AM)
To quote Kurt, "amen"

Pardon me if I'd like my football to be free of props to Jesus over and over again.

I'm actually fine with that, I just wonder why they never give Jesus his props when they fumble on their own goal line, miss field goals, or throw pick 6s.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)
I'm actually fine with that, I just wonder why they never give Jesus his props when they fumble on their own goal line, miss field goals, or throw pick 6s.

:notworthy

Praise Larry Fitzgerald for getting you to the super bowl, not Jesus Christ. He didn't have a hand there.

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 12:05 PM)
:notworthy

Praise Larry Fitzgerald for getting you to the super bowl, not Jesus Christ. He didn't have a hand there.

Technically he's correct to do that. I'm becoming convinced that Larry Fitzgerald is actually Jesus.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)
You must hate a ton of professional football players.

I don't hate him, I just would prefer it if most of the football players kept Christ off their acceptance speech.

He also heavily fought against stem cell research, that bugs the s*** outta me.

Edited by bschmaranz

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 01:09 PM)
I don't hate him, I just would prefer it if most of the football players kept Christ off their acceptance speech.

He also heavily fought against stem cell research, that bugs the s*** outta me.

and it bugs the s*** out of some people that you are for it.  Who cares? He's entitled to his beliefs as much as you are. If you want to say something against his beliefs in front of a national audience, develop some talent, get drafted by the nfl, play real well and you too may get postgame airtime to say what ever you want!

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 12:31 PM)
http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiretap_...on_celebration/

Boldin dipped out on the celebration. He really really doesn't want to be in Arizona. Bears should try to pick him up. I know they won't, but the Bears need a real WR.

It's gonna cost a 1st round pick. Don't think Angelo would do that.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
Not like his track record for 1st round picks is great. And one of this team's greatest need is WR. Why not get a for sure thing?

I couldnt agree more. That being said, Angelo covets his picks like none other

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 01:34 PM)
It's gonna cost a 1st round pick. Don't think Angelo would do that.

Just because he's never done it before doesn't necessarily mean that he won't, it's not that he doesn't make moves, it's that he makes bad ones sometimes.

Angelo does love his draft picks though so I'd be surprised.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
If you're gonna trade a first rounder for Boldin (I wouldn't. Not for a second-tier WR who apparently acts little b**** when he doesn't get his way), you better be sure you can upgrade at least one of the offensive or defensive lines through FA.

Drafting an OLineman in the first round is a waste unless it is your only need. Other than that, you could find a Pro Bowler in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Boldin a 2nd tier WR? Have you checked his numbers?

http://www.nfl.com/players/anquanboldin/profile?id=BOL283010

Keep in mind, he also suffered through the likes of Josh McCown.

Edited by nitetrain8601

I love Anquan Boldin, but one thing that scares me about him is that he's only played a full season twice in his 6 year career. He's had seasons of 12, 12, and 10 games played, and he's about to be 30. That's a lot of missed games, especially if the injury issues creep up in the playoffs when he'd be needed most. Not sure he's worth a 1st rounder this year. There's just too many other needs for the Bears. WR is not the reason we missed the playoffs. Our defense is.

Edited by dasox24