Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 12:13 AM)
I need a new NFL team. I'm serious to. My only real connection the Bears is location. I wasn't raised a hardcore Bears fan, but rather a Sox and Hawks fan. As I get older, I realize how big a clusterf*** the organization really is, and it really is very unlikeable. I'm not a huge football fan, but would like a team I can cheer for. Someone not to trendy(Pats,Colts) but not a dog either. I was thinking maybe the Cards, as I already root for Fitz and Bolin in a fantasy keeper league, but open to suggestions.

Seattle?

Great city, loud fans, nice logo/uniforms, great stadium, and they are good.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 12:13 AM)
I need a new NFL team. I'm serious to. My only real connection the Bears is location. I wasn't raised a hardcore Bears fan, but rather a Sox and Hawks fan. As I get older, I realize how big a clusterf*** the organization really is, and it really is very unlikeable. I'm not a huge football fan, but would like a team I can cheer for. Someone not to trendy(Pats,Colts) but not a dog either. I was thinking maybe the Cards, as I already root for Fitz and Bolin in a fantasy keeper league, but open to suggestions.

Tennessee Titans.

Offensive line did a fantastic job. QB's were meh. Both missed some open plays, neither made any major mistakes. Rex got f***ed by some bad drops.

Hanie was impressive for a rookie and its why I'm content with him being a 3rd stringer who could potentially surprise everyone and develop into a starting QB candidate a couple years down the road.

Can't say either Rex or Kyle distanced themselves in my book. Kyle made some solid reads where Rex did similar. The one thing I did like was I saw Rex step up in the pocket more to avoid the rush (and Rex was getting a lot more guys in his area than Orton did). Again, I'd rate the performances even.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 11:13 PM)

Dallas Cowboys.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 11:13 PM)

I don't think I could ever just switch favorite teams of any sport.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
madden_espanol_360esrbboxart_160w.jpg

Roberto Garza graces the cover of Madden 09 en ESPANOL!

discuss.

People who speak Spanish should be insulted that EA believes that they don't deserve Brett Favre like English-speakers do.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
madden_espanol_360esrbboxart_160w.jpg

Roberto Garza graces the cover of Madden 09 en ESPANOL!

discuss.

Pretty funny. Not sure why it has to be different, unless Garza is a big role model in the hispanic community or something... I wonder if the hispanic kids that see this get all excited that they're favorite player is on the cover of Madden? I think not.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3526070

PITTSBURGH -- Brian Westbrook and the Philadelphia Eagles agreed to a new contract on Friday, hours before the team opened its preseason schedule against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

ESPN.com's John Clayton reported Westbrook's revised contract will pay him at least $21 million over the next three years, according to a source.

Westbrook, 28, was in the third year of a $25 million, five-year contract he signed in 2005. He was scheduled to earn $3 million this season with a roster bonus of $1.5 million. Instead, the new 52-page contract gives Westbrook a $10 million raise over the next three seasons with $13 million guaranteed over the next two years, the source said.

Timetable for Williams.

Doctors told Williams after Wednesday's surgery to repair a herniated disc in his lower back that he should expect to be out 10 to 12 weeks, a source said Friday. That would make the Nov. 2 game against the Lions in Week 9 the earliest date Williams could contribute to the Bears offensive line—if he contributes at all.

Attrition at other positions or difficulties in Williams' rehabilitation could cause the Bears to place the first-round draft pick on injured reserve, a move the team has said publicly it has no plans to do. In effect, that gives the Bears a 52-man roster for half the season.

Sources said Williams tweaked his back while working out this summer at Vanderbilt in preparation for the upcoming season but didn't consider it serious—and apparently it wasn't serious enough to prevent Williams from passing his team physical. He missed one practice in five years at Vanderbilt, according to the football personnel at the university. He expected to be just as durable as a pro.

Williams' recovery timetable could force the Bears to consider reconfiguring their offensive line and potentially returning right tackle John Tait to the left side, where he has played the previous three seasons. Current left tackle John St. Clair has more NFL experience on the right side. There's also a possibility of the Bears re-signing Fred Miller or trying to swing a trade for a veteran such as Kevin Shaffer of Cleveland.

Harold Lewis, the agent for Miller, said Friday there had been no movement since the Bears' initial contact about Miller possibly rejoining the team. Miller is also a possibility to sign with Houston, but the Houston Chronicle reported that the Texans signed Torrin Tucker instead.

A source said the Bears have yet to reach out to fellow former Bear lineman Ruben Brown, who at 36 is a year older than Miller.

Rotoworld.com

Dolphins signed QB Chad Pennington to a two-year, $11.5 million contract.

Josh McCown can start booking his flight out of town, though Miami may also consider axing John Beck due to his unimpressive summer. Pennington, 32, has an offense to learn and stronger-armed Chad Henne to beat out, but is a candidate to start on opening day if the 'Fins decide against throwing their rookie into the fire. Pennington's lack of arm strength may be less of an issue in better weather, but his fantasy ceiling is even lower than it was in New York with poorer weapons. If he does win the job, he'll be on a short leash. Aug. 8 - 9:27 pm et

Unlike Trent Green and Cullpepper, this is a good pick up for Miami, but I think they kinda over paid.

If the Dolphins end up cutting John Beck, what a waste of a draft pick. I mean, it always has been kind of a waste considering he was drafted much higher than he was supposed to be and was 25 years old. But, to go from 2nd rounder to cut in a matter of a year and a half would be pretty bad, especially at a position that team needs so badly.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 01:51 AM)
If the Dolphins end up cutting John Beck, what a waste of a draft pick. I mean, it always has been kinda of a waste considering he was drafted much higher than he was supposed to be and was 25 years old. But, to go from 2nd rounder to cut in a matter of a year and a half would be pretty bad, especially at a position that team needs so badly.

Agreed. TRU, your my nig, but for someone who really defended this pick at the time I don't see you liking this.