Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never thought we could win tonight. Hoped to be competitive, never thought we would win.

Great job all around. Maybe someday people will get off Lovie's back and realize he is the best coach we have had since Ditka.

National media will shove it down our throats that Manning was rusty and other BS.

We took it to them and rocked their faces.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 10:22 PM)
Never thought we could win tonight. Hoped to be competitive, never thought we would win.

Great job all around. Maybe someday people will get off Lovie's back and realize he is the best coach we have had since Ditka.

National media will shove it down our throats that Manning was rusty and other BS.

We took it to them and rocked their faces.

this is all an after thought. Didnt you hear? The entire NFL and all of their fans are now saddened by the loss of the man, the humanitarian, the model, the legend, Tom Brady.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the Bears tonight. I really was expecting the offense to struggle to move the ball all year. But the O-Line played well, Forte looked like a legitimate NFL running back and Orton played a solid game. The defense was obviously tremendous as well. And Forte showed more today than Benson did his entire time with the Bears. Hopefully this wasn't just a one game aberration.

I would expect a few posts from Heads (among others, we have a few other Colts fans around here I believe) in the "I am drunk" thread after their performance tonight. It has to be pointed out that Manning was obviously a bit rusty and their offense line obviously missed Saturday. However, that was just a FANTASTIC performance by the Bears. It's not like they went in there and snuck out with a close victory attained in large part due to catching the Colts at a good time, they just pretty much had total control of the game throughout, especially on the lines of scrimmage. There isn't any one thing you can really say negative, other than I hope tonight wasn't a mirage. I was COMPLETELY wrong on the 2008 White Sox in a good way, I would love for a similar senario to play out with the 2008 Bears.

Edited by whitesoxfan101