Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 02:11 PM)
Don't worry WT. The Bears get to beat them twice as well :)

haha I'm just mad because I'm in a $100 fantasy league (2 of us are on a team so it's $50 apiece) and we were going against Green Bay's defense and Detroit gave them 18 points or something in the last 5 minutes of the game, pretty sucky. Not to mention in our league we have $25 stat of the week thing and since last weeks tied, it's $50 this week. The stat this week is most rushing yards and it looks like we're going to lose that by 4 yards. We have Adrian Peterson who had 160, and Darren MacFadden had 164. So I hate my own team Kansas City as well.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 04:33 PM)
Ed Hoculi. Normally good, that time awful.

Wasn't Hoculi's fault. He said it was a fumble after he reviewed it. Problem is you can't challenge that play because the whistle stopped it. NFL will have to make an adjustment in the future to enable the review of this.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 07:03 PM)
Wasn't Hoculi's fault. He said it was a fumble after he reviewed it. Problem is you can't challenge that play because the whistle stopped it. NFL will have to make an adjustment in the future to enable the review of this.

It's his fault because he blew the whistle and killed it. Easy thing to do there was let it play out.

You can always go back and change the play the other way. Blowing the play dead eliminates that chance.

And there's no way you can have the NFL change something like that. Once the whistle is blown, guys stop playing, and have to. Otherwise the whistle is useless.

You can't have a ruling based on what you think could have happened had everyone not stopped.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
Hoculi wasn't the ref that blew the play dead.

I didn't have the game on with sound the whole time. Announcers sure said it was Hoculi though the portion I heard.

"But referee Ed Hochuli blew his whistle, apparently ruling it an incomplete pass. After a review, Hochuli said that the Broncos would keep the ball because his whistle had blown the play dead. The Broncos got the ball at the 10-yard line, where it had hit the grass out of Cutler’s hands."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20080914007

Edited by IlliniKrush

Today's loss goes on mostly Greg Olsen, with an assist to Ron Turner. I have never seen a worse set of three play calls than the three at the end of the game by the Bears, but it doesn't come to that if Greg Olsen could hold on to the ball. Olsen looked like a Bears first rounder today, that's for sure. I feel so bad for the Chargers too, I can't think of the last time I saw a team get f***ed by the refs that badly. Horrible, when they change the rules because of a game you lost (and I bet that happens after today in regards to the whistle after the incompletion thing), you know you got screwed.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
Today's loss goes on mostly Greg Olsen, with an assist to Ron Turner. I have never seen a worse set of three play calls than the three at the end of the game by the Bears, but it doesn't come to that if Greg Olsen could hold on to the ball. Olsen looked like a Bears first rounder today, that's for sure. I feel so bad for the Chargers too, I can't think of the last time I saw a team get f***ed by the refs that badly. Horrible, when they change the rules because of a game you lost (and I bet that happens after today in regards to the whistle after the incompletion thing), you know you got screwed.

Biggest play of the game and you give it to your f***ing non-running fullback.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 07:34 PM)
49ers beat the Seahawks in Seattle = huge upset

Not really when you consider MY cell phone blew up before the game to see if I was nearby to play WR for Seattle. The Seahawks are on like their 7th option at WR at this point.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 09:17 AM)
Orton and Turner definitely had a 2nd half to forget

LOL at the Bears fans calling in this morning. They are all ready to give the ball back to Grossman now.

Like a windsock blowing in a hurricane

Orton really has zero touch on his deep ball, and if he did the game would have been over. BUT, he is still better than Rex. Kyle checks down nicely, makes confident throws and line calls. He is a better QB.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)
Orton really has zero touch on his deep ball, and if he did the game would have been over. BUT, he is still better than Rex. Kyle checks down nicely, makes confident throws and line calls. He is a better QB.

Please stop trying to make Orton out to be something he's not. We don't have any good quarterbacks on this roster, both of them suck but in different ways, and the net difference between the two is a wash. When it comes to strengths, Grossman definitely does what Orton can't, and vice versa, but that goes for weaknesses too. Orton is a career backup QB at this point barring any major improvement, and I wish this fanbase would be more honest about what he is. The fact is, we still should be looking for a new QB this offseason.

By the way, as far as his line calls? He is the one who checked out of a run on that 3rd and 1 play in the 4th quarter.

Edited by lostfan

If Rex Grossman's arm could be fashioned onto Kyle Orton's body, you'd have a hellofa quarterback. Unfortunately, both of them contrast one another's talents.

I'd still take Rex over Orton, but we'll have to wait a few more weeks before the higher ups inevitably make the mid-season switch like it'll actually matter.