Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 11:28 PM)
yeah, cowboys D looked like bears O. The Giants have to be the favorites for the division IMO.

I wouldn't say all that, especially since this team most likely won't have a real test until Week 8 at Pittsburgh.

I still think Dallas takes it.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 01:28 AM)
yeah, cowboys D looked like bears O. The Giants have to be the favorites for the division IMO.

I still like our chances, Philly just always give us problems for some reason.

I'll take our offense over the Giants any day of the week, and a lot of teams are going to start double teaming Justin Tuck as a pass rusher now with his emergence.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 01:47 AM)
I wouldn't say all that, especially since this team most likely won't have a real test until Week 8 at Pittsburgh.

I still think Dallas takes it.

The flashy offense is great. But a great D is like great pitching and I can't say Dallas has that right now. They will be New England 2.0

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 11:00 AM)
The flashy offense is great. But a great D is like great pitching and I can't say Dallas has that right now. They will be New England 2.0

We were 9th last season in the league for D IIRC, and have added Zach Thomas, Adam Jones and Mike Jenkins.

The defense should certainly be better for us than what it was last season.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 11:23 AM)
Giants, are you kidding me? They had enough trouble against the Rams (possibly the worse team in the league, along with the Chiefs). The Eagles/Cowboys are both head and shoulders better than the Giants.

The Giants beat the Rams 41-13. I don't care when the points were scored, that's not having trouble.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 12:23 PM)
Giants, are you kidding me? They had enough trouble against the Rams (possibly the worse team in the league, along with the Chiefs). The Eagles/Cowboys are both head and shoulders better than the Giants.

This time last year the giants were 0-2.

How far fetched is it to say that the defending Superbowl Champions will win their division after starting 2-0?

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 11:56 AM)
we better stop before they tell us to get a room our own thread.

PS. This year (with the Brady injury and the Browns looking like Puppies)

I have to say

NFC>AFC

I totally agree... I'd just as soon say NFC East > all of them though, that's one b**** of a division.

Did you guys watch the Giants game? The Rams were actually in that game most of the way. Of course it had more to do with poor play calling on the Giants fault (they were throwing stupid bomb passes when they had been running the ball all over the Rams.

By the way, I'm not saying the Giants are bad, more saying that Dallas and Philly are even better. Giants rank similarly with the Packers and all 4 teams mentioned have a legit shot at winning the super bowl.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)
Did you guys watch the Giants game? The Rams were actually in that game most of the way. Of course it had more to do with poor play calling on the Giants fault (they were throwing stupid bomb passes when they had been running the ball all over the Rams.

By the way, I'm not saying the Giants are bad, more saying that Dallas and Philly are even better. Giants rank similarly with the Packers and all 4 teams mentioned have a legit shot at winning the super bowl.

My response to that is fairly simple...if you give me a great defense and reasonable offense and put it up against a weak defense and great offense...the team with the better defense will win most of the time.

I don't know how much gas the giants have left on defense. That's my question. If they were somehow hanging out close to the level their D played at in the playoffs...then I don't care how good those offenses are.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)
My response to that is fairly simple...if you give me a great defense and reasonable offense and put it up against a weak defense and great offense...the team with the better defense will win most of the time.

I don't know how much gas the giants have left on defense. That's my question. If they were somehow hanging out close to the level their D played at in the playoffs...then I don't care how good those offenses are.

Yeah, it's just without Strahan and Umenyiora that might be difficult.

How can Cincinnati not be mentioned as the worst team in football? I haven't heard Houshmandzedah's name or Chad's name once this year (besides the name changing thing). Carson Palmer can't throw the ball, and the defense is bad (way to be the last 1st rounder to be signed, Rivers, ya dope).

I think they'll have a top 3 pick next year.

1 Chiefs- Sam Bradford, Oklahoma, QB

2 Rams- Michael Oher, Mississippi, OT

3 Bengals- Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech, DE

4 Lions- Vontae Davis, Illinois, CB

5 Dolphins- Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech, WR