Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 07:07 PM)
This game is the main reason I can't latch onto this team, or franchise for that matter. If I was born in Ohio, and looked at the Bears from an outsider, I would laugh.

I think the most frustrating aspect is ownership seems to build the team around what they think the fans want in "smash mouth football", which really means s*** QB play, and an overachieving defense.

It's like grinderball

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 06:22 PM)
But, but Mike North always said that we won 10 games with Orton in 2005. So he was good for that reason. Right?

I swear I was the only person who remembered a win against the Saints in which we openly questioned what team he was playing for.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 02:07 PM)
This game is the main reason I can't latch onto this team, or franchise for that matter. If I was born in Ohio, and looked at the Bears from an outsider, I would laugh.

I think the most frustrating aspect is ownership seems to build the team around what they think the fans want in "smash mouth football", which really means s*** QB play, and an overachieving defense.

Well, they're supposed to be one of the great NFL franchises, but they've only won one Superbowl.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 02:03 PM)
God forbid we give the ball to Forte on 3rd and 2 to ice the game. Idiotic play calling again to maybe cost us the game.

Wouldnt be necessary if Gould hits that FG

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 04:39 PM)
I feel bad for Peanut honestly. He'll take this loss harder than anyone.

Good.

It's one thing to throw a pick 6 or something because you suck. It's another thing to gift-wrap an automatic first down to the other team in OT that kills what would've been great field position, and factores heavily into your team losing that day.