Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
Cubs fans are Bears fans!What are you talking about?!

I'm a Bears fan, not a Cubs fan. One team has a different history than the other. Two different attitudes.

I also know Cub fans who are Packer fans. Cub fans outside of Chicago probably aren't Bears fans.

Edited by Brian

Jacksonville beats Indianapolis 23-21.

This gives Tennessee a full 2 game lead in the division. It still gets me mad how everyone crossed off Tennessee because they didn't help their wide receiver depth over the offseason. The truth is they were one of the youngest teams last year and they made the playoffs. Their defense is very good and so is their running game.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 06:07 PM)
Jacksonville beats Indianapolis 23-21.

This gives Tennessee a full 2 game lead in the division. It still gets me mad how everyone crossed off Tennessee because they didn't help their wide receiver depth over the offseason. The truth is they were one of the youngest teams last year and they made the playoffs. Their defense is very good and so is their running game.

I know Gage missed today's game but he looked like a legit threat the first two weeks.

What a collapse by the Bears. I thought today's result would determine what direction the season goes for both Tampa Bay and Chicago, and today's events really makes me think that is the case. The Bears defense just collapsed. I kept hearing they were tired, but they weren't on the field at all today! They just collapsed, end of story. The offense did a pretty decent job overall, but Orton's 2 picks were inexcusable. The first one is a touchdown if he doesn't underthrow Forte, and the 2nd one gave away a touchdown to the Bucs. Just a team loss, everything failed at some point and that allowed a Tampa team who didn't play well at all to sneak out of town with a win. 1-3 and 0-2 at home looks very possible with Philly coming in, but the Bears might have caught ANOTHER big break with Westbrook hurt, just like they did in week 1 with Saturday out and week 2 with Smith out. We'll see, but this team has just been sad to watch the last two weeks. They should be 3-0, but unfortunately they've s*** their pants late in the game two weeks in a row.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 04:03 PM)
I just noticed a weird trend.

It is a small sample size so far. But...

On Sundays, when the Bears lose, the Sox win. And vice versa.

I'd definately sacrifice what could be the bears season for the sox win if necessary. :gosox1:

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 12:41 AM)
I noticed a lot of Cowboy fans that I know are also Bulls and Yankee fans. hmm

Except for me. :D

MB3 had a great game last night, and the defense looked very good, 5 sacks on Rodgers.

Oh and Felix Jones is electrifying.

Bears are 1-2. Yet I am pretty optimistic so far. Even if they fall 1-3 vs Philly.

Positives:

-Matt Forte is a stud. Nice to see he can catch the ball too! I would like to see him pick up blitzes a little better though.

-Dusty Dvorcek has been a MONSTER! This guy stuffs the run better than anyone that we have had for a long time.

-Brandon Llyod clearly has talent to be a # 1. He did things yesterday that you can not teach. Pure athletic ability. Choosing to spend money on Briggs rather than Berrian seems even more of a no brainer now!

-Kevin Jones looks good every time he steps on the field. He will be one hell of a change of pace back as the season moves forward.

negatives:

-Play calling. I do not understand why we are not giving Forte the ball when we have 1 yard to go late in games! This guy fights hard for yards and rarely ever loses yardage. Is it too obvious of a call that we won't hand him the ball in those situations? When you have a back who can get you that 1 yard even when all 11 guys know what's coming, that's when you know you have someone special. I would like to think Matt could be that guy.

-Pass Defense/Pass Rush. I see know excuse for a statue like Brian Griese not getting sacked once during his near 70 Pass Attempts. Our Pressure got to him a few time and forced some bad throws and a couple interceptions. But, you need to get this guy on his back. He needs to have doubt in his pocket and fear for his life. We only got to him when Briggs was applying pressure and that 1 Daniel manning Blitz.

-Tommie Harris. Where are you? 0 Sacks this year? Tommie has to be playing hurt. Because he is not getting to the QB at all. Harris is arguably the most valuable to our D when he is on. I hope he can turn things around.

-The Usage of Mark Anderson. Is Anderson in the doghouse? It seems that he is not rotated in as much as he should be. He should be in there on 3rd and long situations.

Am I the only one who thinks that those passes to Lloyd were more "Brandon Lloyd catches" than "Kyle Orton completions"? On one of those long completions, I recall Lloyd having to adjust and make an acrobatic catch. Had Orton properly hit him in stride, that was an easy TD pass. Also, Orton is getting a pass from some fans on his first pick because that pass to Forte in the end zone was knocked out of Forte's hands, but the fact is that ball was underthrown, and not put in a place where only Forte could reach it. So yes, that INT was on Kyle. He has no touch whatsoever on his deep passes.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 11:59 AM)
Am I the only one who thinks that those passes to Lloyd were more "Brandon Lloyd catches" than "Kyle Orton incompletions"? On one of those long completions, I recall Lloyd having to adjust and make an acrobatic catch. Had Orton properly hit him in stride, that was an easy TD pass. Also, Orton is getting a pass from some fans on his first pick because that pass to Forte in the end zone was knocked out of Forte's hands, but the fact is that ball was underthrown, and not put in a place where only Forte could reach it. So yes, that INT was on Kyle. He has no touch whatsoever on his deep passes.

I agree with you. Orton has been way off. If we had a better line I would want Rex in there. But, I just do not like the pass protection when we go for the deep ball.

1 More thing to add to my negatives:

Rashied Davis. Go back to the Arena League! That missed catch cost us the game. (it was a great pass too) Everyone talks about the Tillman play, I'm not mad at Peanut given the circumstances. I'm pissed at davis .

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 11:25 AM)
1 More thing to add to my negatives:

Rashied Davis. Go back to the Arena League! That missed catch cost us the game. (it was a great pass too) Everyone talks about the Tillman play, I'm not mad at Peanut given the circumstances. I'm pissed at davis .

I'm mad at Peanut. You act like an idiot and get a call like that against you (regardless of circumstances) then you deserve the blame.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 12:32 PM)
I'm mad at Peanut. You act like an idiot and get a call like that against you (regardless of circumstances) then you deserve the blame.

He was defending his teammate. You don't let your teammate get sucker punched at the bottom of a pile. Short term it was a dumb move. Long term it will unite the D even more. Tillman wasn't the only guy there. He was the only one the ref saw.

In a game where you are up 24-14 with under 4 minutes, I can think of at least 10 better reasons why we lost. We even had the opportunity to score in OT. We blew our chances long before the Peanut call.

Random, but most Bear fans are cut from the same cloth as Cub fans, just not very smart people. I don't say that in regards to the Bear fans here, as it seems like all of us have proper perspective. But it seems like the vast majority of the Bear fans you hear on ESPN and The Score are the "dumb meatheads" Boers and Bernstein make fun of. My favorite is everybody saying how bad Tampa Bay is, which is pretty funny. They've won the NFC South two of the last three years, and will be right near the top again this season with Carolina (New Orleans is going nowhere with that defense). I just figured I'd bring that up because I'm tired of talking about the game itself. I'm glad none of the meathead, dumb Bear fans have infiltrated this thread at least.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 12:26 PM)
Random, but most Bear fans are cut from the same cloth as Cub fans, just not very smart people. I don't say that in regards to the Bear fans here, as it seems like all of us have proper perspective. But it seems like the vast majority of the Bear fans you hear on ESPN and The Score are the "dumb meatheads" Boers and Bernstein make fun of. My favorite is everybody saying how bad Tampa Bay is, which is pretty funny. They've won the NFC South two of the last three years, and will be right near the top again this season with Carolina (New Orleans is going nowhere with that defense). I just figured I'd bring that up because I'm tired of talking about the game itself. I'm glad none of the meathead, dumb Bear fans have infiltrated this thread at least.

Well prob around 50 percent of Bears fans are Cubs fans, so there you go.

Either way, the Bears are better than TB, they just let it slip away, and the refs didnt help much either. But, s***, Forte is a STUD