Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
Well prob around 50 percent of Bears fans are Cubs fans, so there you go.

Either way, the Bears are better than TB, they just let it slip away, and the refs didnt help much either. But, s***, Forte is a STUD

There is no doubt the Bears were the better team yesterday, and found a way to blow it. Forte is indeed a stud, but I question if the Bears will ever be able to use him properly. Between having Ron Turner as an offensive coordinator, Kyle Orton as the quarterback, and this receiving corps, the Bears will obviously see 8 and 9 in the box more and more as the season goes on. I just think I'm going to spend my whole life seeing bad Bear quarterbacks and bad Bear offenses.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
Well prob around 50 percent of Bears fans are Cubs fans, so there you go.

Either way, the Bears are better than TB, they just let it slip away, and the refs didnt help much either. But, s***, Forte is a STUD

Don't know if I'd say the Bears are better than TB.

Don't forget that TB was missing their best receiver in Galloway yesterday IIRC.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 01:41 PM)
Galloway is a has been. 74 yards in 2 games.

Nonsense. He was playing through injuries those two games, and he had over a thousand yards receiving and half a dozen touchdowns last year as a key part of a division champion who had a real has been (Jeff Garcia) at quarterback.

As for who's better between the Bears and Buccaneers, that doesn't matter. I think Tampa Bay is going to have a better season, but the Bears were the better team yesterday and still found a way to lose. That's inexcuseable.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 01:41 PM)
Galloway is a has been. 74 yards in 2 games.

How many receptions did he have last season? More than any Bears receiver I'd say (of course that really isn't too hard).

He's been dealing with an injury also IIRC.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
How many receptions did he have last season? More than any Bears receiver I'd say (of course that really isn't too hard).

What does what Galloway bring to the Bucs' offense have to do with the Bears' WRs?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)

I just don't look at him in the top 30 receivers in the league anymore. He's injured and 36. Though he's good. I don't think he is too much of a difference maker any more.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
Now THAT's a big loss.

Despite our terrible start, the NFC North is wide open...

That is terrible news. I'm assuming Williams or Blackmon would replace him if so. They both have the upside to be good. Howver, I don't think either is ready for full time duty. I guess we will find out soon enough.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 02:58 PM)
He's a closet Bear hater. He has indirectly bashed the bears on this board for my entire 3 years here.

What ever though, It's fun to debate with him. Especially NBA.

:D

Someone has to bring a voice from the other side I guess.

I mean, I would just take Galloway over any Bears WR right now, if Galloway was completely healthy. It would be interesting to see how he would do if he played on the bears though.

Overall for the Bears, I probably see them at around 7-9 for the season. Defensively they need Harris to start producing, and that defense to really become elite again. I think Green Bay will still take that division, but unless Freotte become an upgrade for Jackson, the Bears could definitely get a wildcard spot still.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 03:46 PM)
Now THAT's a big loss.

Despite our terrible start, the NFC North is wide open...

No doubt, Woodson and Harris were terrific last season. The guy they had replacing Harris did a decent job last night, but Green Bay's defense certainly just down a notch.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 03:28 PM)
:D

Someone has to bring a voice from the other side I guess.

I mean, I would just take Galloway over any Bears WR right now, if Galloway was completely healthy. It would be interesting to see how he would do if he played on the bears though.

Overall for the Bears, I probably see them at around 7-9 for the season. Defensively they need Harris to start producing, and that defense to really become elite again. I think Green Bay will still take that division, but unless Freotte become an upgrade for Jackson, the Bears could definitely get a wildcard spot still.

The wild card I think will be coming out of the NFC East. Big blow for the Packers, but they are still the team to beat in the North.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 04:32 PM)
The wild card I think will be coming out of the NFC East. Big blow for the Packers, but they are still the team to beat in the North.

The Giants and Eagles will probably end up with at least 10 wins, so you're probably right, and even Washington probably too.

So yeah, the Bears may have to rely on winning the division just to make the playoffs.

Either way, I think the NFC is stronger this season than the last.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)
The Giants and Eagles will probably end up with at least 10 wins, so you're probably right, and even Washington probably too.

So yeah, the Bears may have to rely on winning the division just to make the playoffs.

Either way, I think the NFC is stronger this season than the last.

I think the NFC is looking alot better than the AFC this year. Some AFC teams like Browns, Colts and Patriots look bad right now.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)
I think the NFC is looking alot better than the AFC this year. Some AFC teams like Browns, Colts and Patriots look bad right now.

Yeah, Anderson is still dealing with the after-effects from the concussion from what I hear, so Quinn's going to be in there soon.

The Colts D-Line has been really struggling against the run, and the Pats well I don't think anyone saw yesterday's result coming.

Still the Broncos are probably better, the Steelers will be thereabouts, and the Titans seem like they could be the team to make a jump and really do something this season.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 02:29 PM)
No doubt, Woodson and Harris were terrific last season. The guy they had replacing Harris did a decent job last night, but Green Bay's defense certainly just down a notch.

Absolutely. Definitely will not be able to play the corners on an island anymore and no one besides Kampman can get a consistent pass rush

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
Al Harris is so over-rated. I think he had like 2 INTs last year and made the Pro-Bowl. It's a joke.

Having a low INT rate dosen't make a CB not good. Nnamdi Asomugha had 1 pick last year. You gonna tell me that dude isn't good?

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 08:25 AM)
I agree with you. Orton has been way off. If we had a better line I would want Rex in there. But, I just do not like the pass protection when we go for the deep ball.

1 More thing to add to my negatives:

Rashied Davis. Go back to the Arena League! That missed catch cost us the game. (it was a great pass too) Everyone talks about the Tillman play, I'm not mad at Peanut given the circumstances. I'm pissed at davis .

Rex is a pretty damn good QB with a solid rushing attack. Last year he didn't have it and was exploited but this season he'll have it and I think he could be pretty productive. I wouldn't be shocked to see Rex starting in Atlanta, especially if Orton has a horrid game against Philly. Also, starting against Atlanta would be a good move cause it gives him a spot to go against a poor team (even if they are 2-1), plus its a road game so it would give Rex a shot to win over the fans support to an extent.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 04:01 PM)
Rex is a pretty damn good QB with a solid rushing attack. Last year he didn't have it and was exploited but this season he'll have it and I think he could be pretty productive. I wouldn't be shocked to see Rex starting in Atlanta, especially if Orton has a horrid game against Philly. Also, starting against Atlanta would be a good move cause it gives him a spot to go against a poor team (even if they are 2-1), plus its a road game so it would give Rex a shot to win over the fans support to an extent.

After ATL, we go to DET, so if Rex did play, it'd be 2 games in a row that we have a good chance to win. That could definitley help Rex win us over.

BTW- Andy Reid says Westbrook is unlikely to go Sunday.

I don't think Orton has play horrid. He's showing a guy who is kind of finding his way with the playbook given. I think the Bears need to run shotgun alot more and overall, just need to get more creative on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively, wow have they fallen. Peanut is still living off Randy Moss for the most part because that guy is continually overrated. Yes, he gets picks, but if he doesn't, he usually is getting burned. Run a hitch route or a double move route and the guy is a deer in headlights. Vasher hasn't looked all too great either, so that does not help. Overall, I think the Bears need to overhaul their secondary.

Edited by nitetrain8601