Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
Instead of offering a draft pick, would the Bears offer say Grossman and a CB?

The Rams are just absolutely desperate for help in the secondary right now, especially with CB's.

It's all for not because the Bears would never make the move, but I think the Rams would jump all over that... or at least Rex and a 4th or something like that.

The thing is, the Bears rate 28th against the pass.

Other teams have worked out, the best way to the beat the Bears, is just to throw non-stop against them.

Ever since Dallas beat the Bears with that strategy, their defense just hasn't been the same IMHO.

So I don't know if they'd trade a CB right now.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 02:44 PM)
They should trade a CB if someone is willing to overpay for them. Their CB's and S's absolutely are brutal.

If they get a top 15 pick, which looks like a lock, and Sanchez/Stafford/Bradford are all gone, I think they should go with Taylor Mays. If one of those 3 QBs are there, draft one of them and go with Patrick Chung from Oregon in the 2nd round.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 07:18 PM)
If they get a top 15 pick, which looks like a lock, and Sanchez/Stafford/Bradford are all gone, I think they should go with Taylor Mays. If one of those 3 QBs are there, draft one of them and go with Patrick Chung from Oregon in the 2nd round.

uh, I hope you aren't talkin bout USC's Sanchez.. in the top 15? you are out of your mind.

The Bears need to take Rhett Bomar in the middle rounds somewhere. He has the size and the arm, and some pretty good mobility as well. I think he would be a nice pick in round 3 or 4 unless he shoots up to the 2-3 range. Either way, I think he could be a solid guy in the future.

QUOTE (Shadows @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 10:58 PM)
uh, I hope you aren't talkin bout USC's Sanchez.. in the top 15? you are out of your mind.

The Bears need to take Rhett Bomar in the middle rounds somewhere. He has the size and the arm, and some pretty good mobility as well. I think he would be a nice pick in round 3 or 4 unless he shoots up to the 2-3 range. Either way, I think he could be a solid guy in the future.

6'4, rocket arm, mobility, accurate....why not?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 10:35 PM)
6'4, rocket arm, mobility, accurate....why not?

As a Junior, he would have to have a MONSTER season to not only come out, but be picked in the top 15.

That aint happening. He didn't do anything in 06, he was meh in mop up in 07, and this is his first year starting full time.

Could he be a top 15 pick? Maybe, after his senior year but I wouldn't bet on it ever happening.

Larry Johnson is still f***ing good.

QUOTE (Shadows @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 10:56 PM)
As a Junior, he would have to have a MONSTER season to not only come out, but be picked in the top 15.

That aint happening. He didn't do anything in 06, he was meh in mop up in 07, and this is his first year starting full time.

Could he be a top 15 pick? Maybe, after his senior year but I wouldn't bet on it ever happening.

Before Thursday, he was having a monster year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 01:05 PM)
Brandon Marshall has to be the best WR in the NFL right now...right?

No question.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Shadows @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 01:53 PM)
well for one, no he wasn't

and second, it had been 2 games

I'm with Shadows. Sanchez is ok, but overrated due to the school he goes to. He has to improve a lot before being a top 15 QB.

I like Bradford.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
Big win today for my Bucs.

I hope Gruden takes a long look and makes the switch back to Garcia though. This team will be a lot better if that happens.

Yup. Should bench the QB that is 2-0......

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 05:42 PM)
Yup. Should bench the QB that is 2-0......

actually he is 3-0.

but the defense is winning these games with big plays. Griese is a ticking time bomb. 50% completions this week with 1 TD and another 3INT game. 4TD/6INT for the season.

Garcia can make this team a division champ and possibly get a win in the first round of the playoffs. Griese might get this team to the playoffs but we wont win a game once we get there.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 04:59 PM)
actually he is 3-0.

but the defense is winning these games with big plays. Griese is a ticking time bomb. 50% completions this week with 1 TD and another 3INT game. 4TD/6INT for the season.

Garcia can make this team a division champ and possibly get a win in the first round of the playoffs. Griese might get this team to the playoffs but we wont win a game once we get there.

GB just can't stop the run.

After Rodgers first interception he was just rattled the rest of the game, he then was just trying to force things.

Thankfully the NFC North is such a bad division.

QUOTE (IrishSoxFan @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 05:32 PM)
What the hell happened to Green Bay? Do they miss Favre THAT much? I thought they would have rolled the Bucs...

They have been having a lot of trouble stopping the run. Also, Grant hasn't been the same guy he was last season. The O-Line isn't doing Rodgers any favors either recently.