Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 07:39 AM)
yeah, the dude is a monster. This draft looks like a winner if Chris Williams plays and performs well within the next couple weeks.

I wasn't posting on talkbears or anything at the time, but I don't recall anybody not liking the Harrison pick. Personally I liked seeing Angelo go for it and just take the best player for once, he's been too conservative in the draft at times and he has a terrible poker face. The Forte pick was telegraphed all the way, but it doesn't matter, because at this point it looks like whatever they saw in him is correct.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is one of the first times the Bears just annihilated a team they were supposed to... the Packers have lost 3 in a row, and their defense is really suffering. The Bears will beat the Falcons by two touchdowns, as the Falcons and my boy Michael Turner just won't be able to run effectively, which will for Ryan to do too much.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 08:04 AM)
I wasn't posting on talkbears or anything at the time, but I don't recall anybody not liking the Harrison pick. Personally I liked seeing Angelo go for it and just take the best player for once, he's been too conservative in the draft at times and he has a terrible poker face. The Forte pick was telegraphed all the way, but it doesn't matter, because at this point it looks like whatever they saw in him is correct.

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong Jerry Angelo, as the one I watch and follow goes for the best player there. They took Manning and Hester in 2006 when their #1 need wasn't CB and S. In 2007, our #1 need wasn't TE, either.

I loved the Harrison pick. Many complained he was a trouble maker at Arkansas and that we already were stacked at DT, but if the guy would have done everything right in college, he would have been an early 2nd rounder.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 05:59 AM)
They'll still win 11 or 12 games, which will be good enough to win the AFC East. Have faith! ;)

The injuries are piling up again on defense and they still don't have a dependable running back. I'll play it safe, say they win 10 games thanks to an easy schedule, and see an early round exit in the playoffs.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 10:20 PM)
Watch out for Bears88 over there. He's a piece of garbage.

Haha... if it's the same poster as on another forum I go to... yeah I hate that guy.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 06:11 PM)
Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong Jerry Angelo, as the one I watch and follow goes for the best player there. They took Manning and Hester in 2006 when their #1 need wasn't CB and S. In 2007, our #1 need wasn't TE, either.

I loved the Harrison pick. Many complained he was a trouble maker at Arkansas and that we already were stacked at DT, but if the guy would have done everything right in college, he would have been an early 2nd rounder.

I mean, he does go for the best player available, but his draft strategy seems to be haphazard sometimes when the guy he's planning to pick is predictable. He gets outmaneuvered a lot. They don't hide their secrets very well... it wasn't any secret that they were infatuated with Benson before '05 (they could've traded out of that pick), their love for Forte was pretty obvious before this draft too. The latter one worked out.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 05:59 AM)
They'll still win 11 or 12 games, which will be good enough to win the AFC East. Have faith! ;)

there is no chance that Buffalo wins 12 games, none

they are frauds

Buffalo is no better than Miami, New York, or New England.. the winner from that division is gonna be the team that can play the best against the other teams in the East, simple enough

All 4 of them have beyond easy schedules, so pretty much I see it being who can win the most division games.. If I had to guess, 10 would be the max wins from any team in the East

Miami has 2 wins right now, and they still get to play Houston, Baltimore, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, Kansas City, and St. Louis who are all pretty pathetic teams minus the Ravens defense, which doesn't really matter much when you only have to put 14, 17, 20 points on the board and you'll beat them

Its pretty much like that for all the teams in the East

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 9, 2008 -> 11:20 AM)
gotta love it. I'm telling you, the cowboys are NOT a lock to win the NFC East. I still say Giants.

Yeah, I agree, the Giants look much more complete and Eli has taken that next step.

The Eagles are what they are, a team with a QB and RB who always get injured... the Redskins are decent but not at that level... that division looks much less B"EAST"LY than it did two weeks ago.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 9, 2008 -> 11:20 AM)
gotta love it. I'm telling you, the cowboys are NOT a lock to win the NFC East. I still say Giants.

You are exactly right the Cowboys are not a lock to win the NFC East by any means. I am a big Cowboys fan and this Cowboys team is not that good. Giants are going to be tough to beat. The Redskins are going to be tough also.

Edited by Baines3

haha it was 3rd down for the Colts and the Ravens had a blitz and Manning decided to just go down instead of getting hit. It looked pretty funny but it was a smart move. I didn't get to see too much of the Ravens/Steelers game two weeks ago so this is my first time at watching Flacco since seeing him destroy UNI in the playoffs last year.