Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 12, 2008 -> 02:08 PM)
Babich is so f***ing bad at his job.

How do you sit in a Cover 2 on that play and let them make that pass to get in FG range? Babich played that like they had to throw it in the end zone. What a dumbass.

Are you f***in' s***tin' me?!?!?!?....Just why in the f*** do you squib kick and give them excellent field position to have exactly what needed to happen happen. Kick it friggin deep so the clock runs down and expect you ST coverage to tackle them. Goddamn Lovie... what a disheartening loss.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Oct 12, 2008 -> 03:11 PM)
Are you f***in' s***tin' me?!?!?!?....Just why in the f*** do you squib kick and give them excellent field position to have exactly what needed to happen happen. Kick it friggin deep so the clock runs down and expect you ST coverage to tackle them. Goddamn Lovie... what a disheartening loss.

I'm not a football guy, but this confused me as well.

It would seem that you'd want them as deep in their own end as you could get them, to keep them as far away as possible from the most likely thing that could beat you (a long field goal).

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 12, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
Did you guys see Norwood return kicks today?

Not really (I'm assuming he's good from the tone of the response), but I did hear that Elam was 30-for-30 until that miss this season.

I guess you pick your poison, but the poison they chose killed them.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 12, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
Not really (I'm assuming he's good from the tone of the response), but I did hear that Elam was 30-for-30 until that miss this season.

I guess you pick your poison, but the poison they chose killed them.

He had two huge returns. I was fine with a squib kick, but the squib by Gould wasn't very good though. If that makes sense.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 12, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
He had two huge returns. I was fine with a squib kick, but the squib by Gould wasn't very good though. If that makes sense.

From a time factor...no...you kick it deep. It runs time off the clock. I don't care how good his returns were today. Odds of him taking to the house were not that great....and IT. RUNS. THE. CLOCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!! Granted...you'd think this secondary could cover just ONCE today a deep pass. Mike Brown's time has passed. He's HORRIBLE in coverage anymore. Still...a bad decision to not kick it deep IMO.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Oct 12, 2008 -> 03:22 PM)
From a time factor...no...you kick it deep. It runs time off the clock. I don't care how good his returns were today. Odds of him taking to the house were not that great....and IT. RUNS. THE. CLOCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!! Granted...you'd think this secondary could cover just ONCE today a deep pass. Mike Brown's time has passed. He's HORRIBLE in coverage anymore. Still...a bad decision to not kick it deep IMO.

I can see it both ways. Sh*tty loss. Will take me a few days to get over that.