Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 04:45 PM)
Roy Williams- 1 more big head in that locker room.

The guy isn't very good anyways.

BTW- I'm happy about PacMan. I'm so tired of that a**hole.

Roy Williams isn't very good? Are you nuts?

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 07:48 AM)
I would think you need a CB 10x more than a WR. Crayton and Austin are fine #2 and #3 receivers.

I'd call Crayton a decent #3, and Austin is progressing, but Owens and Williams will be argubly the best WR combo for any team in the game.

As for the CB's, I'd rather give Jenkins and Scandrick the rookies, all the playing time in the world until Newman gets healthy. They'll progress and get better, because Anthony Henry is basically done (Steve Breaston took him to school on the weekend), while Pacman I doubt will be back.

And yeah I think we overpaid for Williams, but Jerry Jones is basically desperate for a superbowl.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 10:10 AM)
I'd call Crayton a decent #3, and Austin is progressing, but Owens and Williams will be argubly the best WR combo for any team in the game.

As for the CB's, I'd rather give Jenkins and Scandrick the rookies, all the playing time in the world until Newman gets healthy. They'll progress and get better, because Anthony Henry is basically done (Steve Breaston took him to school on the weekend), while Pacman I doubt will be back.

And yeah I think we overpaid for Williams, but Jerry Jones is basically desperate for a superbowl.

They'll be a good combo if they don't kill each other over who should get the ball 75% of the time.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 11:10 AM)

1 step at a time. Win a playoff game 1st. Then he should have overpaid for a CB or 2. Roy Williams seems more like a move for the future (eventual replacement for TO). In the present time, you need Defense. Your secondary is in shambles (just like the Bears secondary).

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 10:34 AM)
They'll be a good combo if they don't kill each other over who should get the ball 75% of the time.

My guess is Witten will end up with more catches than either guy anyways.

Romo loves him down the middle.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 10:35 AM)
1 step at a time. Win a playoff game 1st. Then he should have overpaid for a CB or 2. Roy Williams seems more like a move for the future (eventual replacement for TO). In the present time, you need Defense. Your secondary is in shambles (just like the Bears secondary).

Well which CB's are there available for trade?

Jenkins was a 1st rounder who has good size and played in both zone and man to man in college. My guess is by the end of the season, he'll be our version of Charles Tillman. Scandrick should make for a good nickel back also.

But the Cowboys definitely need to find a good FS who can defende against the pass. Roy Williams (the safety) is a goner after the season anyways.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 11:42 AM)
Well which CB's are there available for trade?

Jenkins was a 1st rounder who has good size and played in both zone and man to man in college. My guess is by the end of the season, he'll be our version of Charles Tillman. Scandrick should make for a good nickel back also.

But the Cowboys definitely need to find a good FS who can defende against the pass. Roy Williams (the safety) is a goner after the season anyways.

Not sure who was available. But, with Jerry Jones willing to overpay, I'm sure someone could have been had. The NFL deadline is pretty tough. Too many teams feel they are still in it. (aside from the Chiefs and the Lions) . Maybe the move works out for 2008. Just saying it does not help on the defensive side of the ball. Hope you don't run into Steve Smith or the Fitzgerald/Boldin combo in the playoffs.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 10:53 AM)
Not sure who was available. But, with Jerry Jones willing to overpay, I'm sure someone could have been had. The NFL deadline is pretty tough. Too many teams feel they are still in it. (aside from the Chiefs and the Lions) . Maybe the move works out for 2008. Just saying it does not help on the defensive side of the ball. Hope you don't run into Steve Smith or the Fitzgerald/Boldin combo in the playoffs.

The Chiefs weren't willing to give up Gonzalez for anything less than a 2nd rounder.

Maybe we should have tried to get Leigh Bodden included on the deal with Williams.

I think we need to get a better pass rush from our front 3 (upgrade from Spears) regardless, and a bigger NT wouldn't hurt either.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 10:24 PM)
Dallas was having enough trouble keeping everybody happy, getting Roy Williams will make it even more difficult. Combine that with the fact they really overpaid and this move has disaster written all over it. T.O. and Roy Williams can't and won't co-exist long term.

Roy Williams showed during their game with the Bears that he is a total and complete asshole. His behavior on the sidelines was unbelieveable. That team has some serious personalities in that locker room. Him and TO will be arguing over passes constantly.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 01:52 PM)
Roy Williams showed during their game with the Bears that he is a total and complete asshole. His behavior on the sidelines was unbelieveable. That team has some serious personalities in that locker room. Him and TO will be arguing over passes constantly.

TO was the first guy to call Roy Williams after the trade. TO was described to be "ecstatic". So, I won't be too quick to judge on their chemistry.

TO just wants to win.

If it wasn't for his great relationship with Romo and Jones, I'm sure he would have cracked the "s***s" by now.

Either way, there's no reason why he, Williams and Witten can't average 5 catches or more a game going forward.

If anything, this acquisition could help TO big time, because he was getting double covered, and you can't really afford to do that anymore.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 12:02 PM)
TO just wants to win.

He was winning in Philly. How did that end?

After a WIN this year is when he had his meeting with Romo and started b****ing. TO cares about himself and that is it. Hope he NEVER wins a Super Bowl ring.