Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 11:58 AM)
TO was the first guy to call Roy Williams after the trade. TO was described to be "ecstatic". So, I won't be too quick to judge on their chemistry.

Oh thats got nothing to do with Chemistry. TO wants every throw, every down. Roy Williams wants every throw to be perfect to him at all times. Check out his b****ing on the sidelines 2 weeks ago when throws were offline by a foot or two. Its their personalities, not their chemistry.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 02:04 PM)
He was winning in Philly. How did that end?

After a WIN this year is when he had his meeting with Romo and started b****ing. TO cares about himself and that is it. Hope he NEVER wins a Super Bowl ring.

Because him and McNabb didn't get along, unlike he and Romo.

If TO cared about himself so much when he was in Dallas, he would have been kicked off the team by now (ala Pacman Jones, who's basically a lost cause IMHO).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 01:28 PM)

If TO cared about himself so much when he was in Dallas, he would have been kicked off the team by now (ala Pacman Jones, who's basically a lost cause IMHO).

Someone should tell TO and McNabb that they don't get along because they both say they still talk, text, and get along.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 10:39 AM)
My guess is Witten will end up with more catches than either guy anyways.

Romo loves him down the middle.

That's why both will end up unhappy. There is barely enough action for just T.O. right now with as many touches as Barber and Witten get. With the injury to Jones, there are more touches to go around, but Brad Johnson is very washed up and the Cowboys are going to have problems until Romo comes back.

The move makes sense when you realize T.O. is 34 years old and probably on the very last legs of being an above average NFL wide receiver. In 2 or 3 years, this move probably looks smart for Dallas when T.O. can't really play anymore, but right now it just seems like a move destined to cause team chemistry disaster, which they already have enough of with "Adam" Jones.

The one good piece of news for them is apparently Mike Jenkins will be starting now. To me, he's a future pro bowler and the most talented corner on the roster. If Newman ever gets healthy, they would have no use for Jones IMO if they had Jenkins and a healthy Newman starting with Anthony Henry at nickel. All 3 of them are better than Jones IMO.

A random Bears note: If the horrific injury bug continues at CB this week with Peanut, Vasher, and McBride all injured, I would hope they play Zackary Bowman a bit (although if all 3 are out, I think they'd have to play him at least some). I liked him when he was drafted, and think he can play some corner. I know I don't like Marcus Hamilton already after watching what he did on the infamous 2nd to last play of Sunday's game.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 02:28 PM)

Pacman hasnt been kicked off the team. And if he didnt have the NFL coming down on him, Jerry Jones would have looked the other way.

And in regards to Romo and TO getting along, this year he has already complained about not getting the ball enough. The guy is just an egomaniac, thats all there is to it. Sometimes it is to the detriment of the team, sometimes it is for the good of the team, but make no mistakes, TO is all about TO.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 07:41 AM)
Roy Williams isn't very good? Are you nuts?

Sure, he's a tallish, strong WR, but he drops tons of passes. He's only had one 1000 yard season in 5 seasons, including 1 or 2 years of less then 700 yards. What has he done to prove he's good?

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
Sure, he's a tallish, strong WR, but he drops tons of passes. He's only had one 1000 yard season in 5 seasons, including 1 or 2 years of less then 700 yards. What has he done to prove he's good?

Watch him become a perennial probowler getting out of Detroit. The guy has all the talent in the world. TO used to have problems with drops early in his career too.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 04:31 PM)

What is your definition of good? Are you getting confused with "elite"!? It is not even worth replying to your posts.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 06:45 AM)
What is your definition of good? Are you getting confused with "elite"!? It is not even worth replying to your posts.

Next time, I'll add my scale of how to rank players in the NFL. /green

I go from awful, to medicore, to solid, to good, to great. To me, Williams isn't even good. You can say "He will be now that he's leaving Detroit", but how do you know? He's suddenly going to limit his drops? How much better is Johnson then Kitna/Orlovsky?

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 04:31 PM)

So does Terrell Owens. Even Jerry Rice dropped a lot of passes. If you get thrown to a lot, you're gonna drop some passes.

But the rest of this is addressed by the fact that he played for the Lions.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 07:54 AM)

I go from awful, to medicore, to solid, to good, to great. To me, Williams isn't even good. You can say "He will be now that he's leaving Detroit", but how do you know? He's suddenly going to limit his drops? How much better is Johnson then Kitna/Orlovsky?

Tell me who is good, based on your scale

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 07:54 AM)

Well Johnson won't be throwing to him for very long it looks like anyway.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 04:54 AM)

Are you kidding me. Williams is a borderline elite receiver. He has amazing physical abilities and has put up great numbers when healthy in the NFL. And he's done it while on the freaking Lions. If he's not even good than I don't even want to know your definition of good. He'd be the best WR the Bears ever had (EVER).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)
Are you kidding me. Williams is a borderline elite receiver. He has amazing physical abilities and has put up great numbers when healthy in the NFL. And he's done it while on the freaking Lions. If he's not even good than I don't even want to know your definition of good. He'd be the best WR the Bears ever had (EVER).

agreed

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 10:36 PM)
Terrible.

(I do put Fitz is another tier than Boldin. Fitz really is a freak of nature, and is in a class all his own. Andre Johnson probably should be on the same level, but has been held back a lot of his career.

Fitz is my fav receiver in the NFL by far. All the talent in the world and NOT a big mouth is refreshing.

I just named a few great and a few good. I didn't mention every single one. Then again, I probably should have put Moss on there. Fitzgerald and Boldin skipped my mind.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)

Amazing physical abilities? So does every other WR in football- they're in the NFL.

And what does that mean? That makes him elite that he'd be the best WR the Bears ever had? So would Lavarneus Coles so I guess that makes him elite, right?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 07:56 AM)
I just named a few great and a few good. I didn't mention every single one. Then again, I probably should have put Moss on there. Fitzgerald and Boldin skipped my mind.

Amazing physical abilities? So does every other WR in football- they're in the NFL.

And what does that mean? That makes him elite that he'd be the best WR the Bears ever had? So would Lavarneus Coles so I guess that makes him elite, right?

Every other WR in the NFL doesnt have the skills and natural ability, not to mention overall physical size and strength, that Williams has. Not even close