Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 11:12 AM)
The receiving corp is not a problem this year. I would rank Oline, secondary and Tommie Harris ahead in the Bears Problems.

Tommie Harris shouldn't even see the field. He's f***ing terrible and was over-rated all of last year. If he's heatlhy fine, but he clearly isn't and I question whether he ever will be again. Go with Harrison/Dvoraceck.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 06:53 PM)
Tommie Harris shouldn't even see the field. He's f***ing terrible and was over-rated all of last year. If he's heatlhy fine, but he clearly isn't and I question whether he ever will be again. Go with Harrison/Dvoraceck.

He had 13 sacks from 2006-2007, which is very good for a DT. I highly doubt that's overrated. However, I agree he's been awful this year and I'd rather only see him in there to give Idonije, Harrison, and Dvoracek (who's been arguably our best DL this year) breaks.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 12:40 AM)
Tommie Harris knew what he was doing when he signed that extension.

He knew that he wouldn't be 100% ever again.

And said it publicly. He got his money, the Bears gave it to him. I still think/hope Tommie can bounce back and help get some pressure up the middle.

Geez, I just saw that tonight's primetime game is Tampa Bay v. Seattle. I'll bet NBC is ecstatic about that. Looks like my remote will get a rest after the workout I gave it last night switching between the ALCS, the Blackhawks, and college football.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 08:54 AM)
Geez, I just saw that tonight's primetime game is Tampa Bay v. Seattle. I'll bet NBC is ecstatic about that. Looks like my remote will get a rest after the workout I gave it last night switching between the ALCS, the Blackhawks, and college football.

Easy choice for me tonight. Amazing Race and Game 7.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 01:35 PM)
I wouldn't mind if Lovie and Babich were Savarded

Lovie is good, Babich is godawful though. Their defensive players though as a whole have regressed, especially Tillman and Vasher this year. Urlacher started regressing 2 years ago and this year, he looks very ordinary. Good thing the Bears rewarded him with a new contract.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 02:47 PM)
Lovie is good, Babich is godawful though. Their defensive players though as a whole have regressed, especially Tillman and Vasher this year. Urlacher started regressing 2 years ago and this year, he looks very ordinary. Good thing the Bears rewarded him with a new contract.

Why is Lovie a good coach? Is he good tactically... I would say no. Is he good as a motivator... I suppose, but other than that, I don't see what makes him a good coach.

About as strange a game as you'll ever see. It is an important win for the Bears, but wow it's amazing how bad the NFC North is. I (among others) was clearly wrong about Kyle Orton though, he looks great.

Oh, and HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS? Of all the hyped teams coming into an NFL season in recent memory, they are starting to look like they might be one of the biggest flops. Blown out at St. Louis? Even without Romo, that's pathetic. The Chargers lose again as well, speaking of flops (although they are only a game and a half out in a division with two horrible teams, so they aren't dead yet). Norv Turner's seat has to be getting pretty warm these days.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 03:26 PM)
About as strange a game as you'll ever see. It is an important win for the Bears, but wow it's amazing how bad the NFC North is. I (among others) was clearly wrong about Kyle Orton though, he looks great.

Oh, and HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS? Of all the hyped teams coming into an NFL season in recent memory, they are starting to look like they might be one of the biggest flops. Blown out at St. Louis? Even without Romo, that's pathetic. The Chargers lose again as well, speaking of flops (although they are only a game and a half out in a division with two horrible teams, so they aren't dead yet). Norv Turner's seat has to be getting pretty warm these days.

Norv Turners seat is always warm. Honestly I dont know how he keeps getting head coach gigs, the guy is a coordinator, thats it.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 04:26 PM)

Yep, absoultely disgraceful performance today, no ifs or buts about it.

My guess is Romo will be back in next week, after Johnson's performance.

Oh and our defense, is just awful ATM. Wade Phillips and Brian Stewart are both definitely on the hot-seat.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 05:03 PM)
I typed that after Booker dropped the 2nd TD pass. He's a great guy, and he seemed so upset on the sideline. His TD reminded me of a college TD.

I have been saying it since we signed him, that I like Booker and still think he can play.

He's a very cool guy. Plays basketball at the gym with us in the offseason. He's really down to earth and can jump out of the gym.