Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)
A random Bears note: If the horrific injury bug continues at CB this week with Peanut, Vasher, and McBride all injured, I would hope they play Zackary Bowman a bit (although if all 3 are out, I think they'd have to play him at least some). I liked him when he was drafted, and think he can play some corner.

Well he had a tackle, an assist, a fumble recovery for a touchdown, and the game clinching interception. Not a bad first game, if nothing else.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 01:32 AM)
Who has the most points scored in the NFL so far this season?

That's right.

#1 Baby.

They could easily be 6-0 if it weren't for three 4th quarter defensive collapses.

all teams could be 6-0 if it weren't for a few things.

For example:

The Cowboys would be 6-0 if they had 1 more defensive stop vs the skins, Arizona did not block the punt or if Steven Jackson were not ever born.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 12:32 AM)
Who has the most points scored in the NFL so far this season?

That's right.

#1 Baby.

They could easily be 6-0 if it weren't for three 4th quarter defensive collapses.

7-0

so I guess I missed out on the fact that Tony Gonzalez is a dick. He wanted to be traded, and the Bills offered a 3rd and some, and he turned it down. So basically, the Chiefs complied with his wishes and he would rather be stuck in misery than having a chance to win...because Buffalo is a small market (like KC's much bigger).

Tony Gonzalez can suck a fat one.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
Why is Lovie a good coach? Is he good tactically... I would say no. Is he good as a motivator... I suppose, but other than that, I don't see what makes him a good coach.

He is good tactically. The problem is the same he had with Jauron when he was here. He's too loyal to his guys. That's the sole reason Babich is still the defensive coordinator. Perhaps, if they had a better secondary, he wouldn't look so bad, but that's a what if statement. If Lovie just took over and controlled the D, you would see something like you did two years ago.

The Bills are good, but the season isn't even half over yet. Minnesota started out 6-0 a few years back and finished the

season 2-8 to end it at .500. I doubt the Bills will play that poorly, but it's still young and they are still a young team.

Tennessee looks much scarier than Buffalo does at this point.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)
I don't mean to say I told you so about Buffalo, but...I told you so.

Why because they beat San Diego? So what even Miami beat San Diego.. Dont look now, but the Brady-less Pats are only a game behind

QUOTE (Shadows @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 02:27 PM)
Why because they beat San Diego? So what even Miami beat San Diego.. Dont look now, but the Brady-less Pats are only a game behind

And the Bills schedule has probably been harder than the Patriots has thus far. What's your point?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)
And the Bills schedule has probably been harder than the Patriots has thus far. What's your point?

Point is Buffalo isn't that good, but at least you aren't being as ridiculous as brian is

QUOTE (Shadows @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 05:21 PM)
Point is Buffalo isn't that good, but at least you aren't being as ridiculous as brian is

I think they're a good team, I just think the loss of Brady makes the AFC East and quite frankly the AFC in general that much weaker. As far as I'm concerned, the AFC is wide the f*** open right now and there are only about 3-4 teams you can truly count out right now, those being Oakland, KC, and Cinci as the guarantees and probably Miami too though any team with Parcells in the organization has a chance. There are any number of teams that, if they get hot or get cold, could ride it to a playoff spot or golf reservation.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 06:11 PM)
Aren't the Bills (5-1) 2 games in front of New England (4-2) for 1st place?

Just think about it this way, if the Bills lose one game and the Pats win one game, they are tied. NE is one game out