Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 10:33 PM)
The Bills are good, but the season isn't even half over yet. Minnesota started out 6-0 a few years back and finished the

season 2-8 to end it at .500. I doubt the Bills will play that poorly, but it's still young and they are still a young team.

Tennessee looks much scarier than Buffalo does at this point.

I've been saying that Tennessee is a great team even before the season started. I've also said a hundred times that it was stupid how writers threw out Tennessee because they didn't improve their wide receiver core in the draft.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 03:34 PM)
I think they're a good team, I just think the loss of Brady makes the AFC East and quite frankly the AFC in general that much weaker. As far as I'm concerned, the AFC is wide the f*** open right now and there are only about 3-4 teams you can truly count out right now, those being Oakland, KC, and Cinci as the guarantees and probably Miami too though any team with Parcells in the organization has a chance. There are any number of teams that, if they get hot or get cold, could ride it to a playoff spot or golf reservation.

Correction, the loss of Brady and the piss poor performance of the Colts and Chargers. Those were by far and away the best 3 or at least most talented three teams in the AFC the past couple teams and right now I'd say they are all mediocre at best. Neither conference is strong and there is no way in hell the Titans are going to win the superbowl.

The Steelers are amazingly underrated. The league is desperately looking for a very good team, and I think that team might be the Steelers, especially if they can ever get healthy at tailback. Their biggest weakness is pass blocking, but Big Ben does a pretty good job covering for that, outside of the Philly game.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Saw a crazy stat about Ben in the last Steelers game. Since 2006, several teams were tied with giving up 66 sacks for the second most in the league. Number one was Ben with 116 I believe over that time. He moves around a lot and holds the ball much longer than any other QB in the league.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Oct 22, 2008 -> 12:38 AM)
Saw a crazy stat about Ben in the last Steelers game. Since 2006, several teams were tied with giving up 66 sacks for the second most in the league. Number one was Ben with 116 I believe over that time. He moves around a lot and holds the ball much longer than any other QB in the league.

Your offensive line hasn't been very good though this season IIRC though, so that may have something to do with it.

I was listening to ESPN1000 on my lunch break and they announced 3 more people who tested positive for the banned substance called "water pills"

Grady Jackson DL Falcons

Pat Williams DL Vikings

Kevin Williams DL Vikings

:o

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 12:44 PM)
I was listening to ESPN1000 on my lunch break and they announced 3 more people who tested positive for the banned substance called "water pills"

Grady Jackson DL Falcons

Pat Williams DL Vikings

Kevin Williams DL Vikings

:o

Please give them 4 games. :pray

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 03:03 PM)
Too bad Garcia didn't play when TB played the Bears. He is awful. Can't throw over 10 yards.

Not his fault that he has to dump the ball off b/c the WR's werent getting open. Galloway is finally back and that will help stretch the field some. He was also getting pressured a lot in the second half.

Garcia wouldve done the same thing that Griese did against the Bears since the Bears couldnt get any pressure that game.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 05:20 PM)
Shadows and Justin, is Miami legit good or just on a hot streak right now?

They beat SD, NE, and BUF, so I'll say they're legit.

As for my Bills, hopefully they can turn it around next week. Today was bad, but they must play better Sunday against another tough team.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 05:20 PM)
Shadows and Justin, is Miami legit good or just on a hot streak right now?

Well aside from the fact that they were on a 2 game losing streak coming into today I wouldn't say they were "hot", but they are a pretty damn solid team.

I wouldn't necessarily say they are good just yet in terms of talking about playoffs because they did get raped by Arizona and lost to Baltimore as well pretty pathetically. They had Houston beat, and you could make a case for the Jets game as well so they could have been 4-3 or 5-2 right now. The difference is Chad Pennington who now has a QB rating of 100 on the season. They are like 9th in offense which is such a huge upgrade over what they have had for half a decade recently.

Problem is their secondary is trash and they have no play makers back there what so ever. They still need some more pieces but they are a solid team and they could still have a shot at winning the east since Buffalo is a fraud, the Jets don't look that good, and I don't know about New England yet seeing that Miami destroyed them but they seem to have turned it around.. who knows, but Miami has a very favorable schedule. If Pennington continues to play like he has been and they actually involve Ginn in the offense like they did today (FINALLY) they might squeeze in. The secondary though, man, they are bad.

Oh, and I just want to add one more time Buffalo is a fraud.. beat someone good then maybe ill listen to wite and whitesoxbrian slurpin on them. And just to make sure wite doesn't try to come in here and start blasting Miami, I am not saying Miami is good or trying to say they are making the playoffs.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 05:54 PM)
They beat SD, NE, and BUF, so I'll say they're legit.

As for my Bills, hopefully they can turn it around next week. Today was bad, but they must play better Sunday against another tough team.

Miami isn't legit just yet man.. its almost impossible to judge the AFC East this season because all 4 teams play garbage schedules and then games against eachother can always go either way.

Look at the Bills schedule for the rest of the season, aside from the division games they got Cleveland, KC, SF, and Denver.. they are all trash. Miami, NE, and NY pretty much have the same schedules. I don't know what to think of the East this season.

The Bills are a fraud because they flew 2000 miles west and faced a Cardinals team that - surprise - threw the football all over the Bills defense. The Bills are also a fraud because they turned the ball over 4 times, were tackled for a safety, and played an all-around s***ty game and damn near beat a Miami team in Miami (that game was much closer than the 9 points that separated the two teams at the end of the game) when Miami - again, surprise - threw the ball all over them.

Their secondary is still banged up, but it's getting healthier, and if Schobel can come back and continue getting pressure on QBs, the Bills will be fine. It's hard to run against them, but you can pass the ball all over that defense if the DE's are not getting to the QB.

You tell me which teams in the AFC East are or are not frauds, and I will call you a liar. I still don't think New England's schedule has been harder than the Bills yet, and I still haven't ruled out any team in the division (I've made a similar post earlier). I did say that I think you can "probably" forget about Miami, but that they are a solid team with a good sense of direction.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 27, 2008 -> 10:01 PM)
Fisher, For the sake of my fantasy team give it To Johnson not Lendale. The NFL should not operate under the 3rd times a charm policy.

Amen.

I was down 7 going into tonight. He had Clark. I had Johnson and Vinatieri. And to think I was confident. :chair

EDIT- well, there's a 16 yard TD run from CJ...

Edited by whitesoxbrian