Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 12:24 PM)
LOL, after all the time, money and talk invested in Pacman, you think they are gonna cut him loose already?

Yep.

Jerry won't care who he brings in / chucks out, so long as he thinks he's upgrading (regardless of talent) etc.

Depending on the contract, I'd be for it anyways. Henry will probably retire soon, and you probably need at least 3 good CB's in the NFL today.

Hall hasn't been playing well for the last 2-3 seasons though.

I would be shocked if anyone claims Hall off waivers

There is a clause in his contract that if he gets injured this season under that contract he gets like $16 million guaranteed

Hell prolly pass through and just become a full FA

QUOTE (Shadows @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 01:27 PM)
I would be shocked if anyone claims Hall off waivers

There is a clause in his contract that if he gets injured this season under that contract he gets like $16 million guaranteed

Hell prolly pass through and just become a full FA

Is he on waivers? I thought he was just cut outright

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 10:41 PM)
Whoever came on here and said how good Brandon Marshall is, I haven't seen it. He drops way too many balls, doesn't go for passes across the middle, and can't even run a freaking route. This is the 2nd straight week I've watched him and he has overrated written all over him.

LIKE.THE.BILLS.?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 08:41 PM)
Whoever came on here and said how good Brandon Marshall is, I haven't seen it. He drops way too many balls, doesn't go for passes across the middle, and can't even run a freaking route. This is the 2nd straight week I've watched him and he has overrated written all over him.

That was me, and he is good.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 10:57 PM)
That was me, and he is good.

I haven't see it.

Let me guess- he's a freak of nature therefore he's good? Okay. I don't give a damn how much bigger a guy is then what the average guy is who plays the same position- I'll take the guy who can catch the ball and run good patterns, not the guy who can't do those things consistently, and on top of that, get in trouble with the law once or twice a year.

and P.S.

Marshall is 3rd in the NFL in receptions and 5th in yards even with missing 1 game, maybe there is just something you don't like about him personally? That, along with what he did last year (102 rec 1325 yrds) Dude is good.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 11:41 PM)
Deal. I'll take Andre Johnson and Brandon Marshall, and you can have Wes Welker and Kevin Curtis.

Anquan Boldin and TJ Houshmandzadeh aren't freaks of nature either. So, I'll take either of them over Marshall.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 10:23 PM)
I haven't see it.

Let me guess- he's a freak of nature therefore he's good? Okay. I don't give a damn how much bigger a guy is then what the average guy is who plays the same position- I'll take the guy who can catch the ball and run good patterns, not the guy who can't do those things consistently, and on top of that, get in trouble with the law once or twice a year.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 10:41 PM)
Deal. I'll take Andre Johnson and Brandon Marshall, and you can have Wes Welker and Kevin Curtis.

To go a step further than Tony, I will go on and bet you didn't vote for Obama, even if you are a democrat. We'll leave it at that.

Edited by whitesoxfan101