Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 05:19 PM)
Orton had a few good games, Grossman has done the same. Honestly the only 2 games he was overly impressive in was against horrible secondaries in Detroit/Minny.

With Berrian, and a much better offensive line? :lolhitting

Please do not compare Orton and Rex anymore.

sincerely,

a 2008 preseason Rex Grossman supporter.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)
With Berrian, and a much better offensive line? :lolhitting

Please do not compare Orton and Rex anymore.

sincerely,

a 2008 preseason Rex Grossman supporter.

I dont think the O-Line was any better lol but ok. Our O-Line hasnt been good really since the A-Train's rookie season. Plus Berrian is a nothing WR, Devin Hester is the same WR just a lot of speed. I dont even really want Rex as our starter, just saying I blame our coaching staff and our O-Line more than anything else.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 02:32 PM)
Yeah, no way Rex deserves to be booed for being a huge disappointment in his career.

I was pissed at Rex cuz he was missing open receivers all day. He can't throw to the sidelines for crap and missed a wide open Hester down field.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 06:11 PM)
I was pissed at Rex cuz he was missing open receivers all day. He can't throw to the sidelines for crap and missed a wide open Hester down field.

yeah no doubt about it...the downfield miss to hester was huge...the titans were committed to stopping forte, and the bears kept pounding the ball and you knew at some point with rex they were gonna go play action deep....when they did, rex had time, and hester got open, and rex just over threw him...it was a TD if he makes a better throw....equally as costly were the handful of open receivers rex missed that caused us to go 3 and out costing us big time in the field position game

From a Cowboys fan, Berrian was overrated trash. Bears fans should feel lucky they avoided resigning him.

I only watched the 4th quarter of the Bears game, but a major problem to me looked like Grossman was told to throw more slants and short passes than not. He excels at throwing bombs. That's why Berrian has his big contract. Regardless, a bigger problem is the Bears secondary which was always overrated is complete trash this year. I think it's worse because Urlacher has sucked big.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 06:13 PM)
Well, looks like Ben is back to his 2006 40 IQ days. 8 INT's to 1 TD in the last 3 weeks. Sometimes you just have to wonder what is going on inside his head.

His line is awful, but he definitely needs to throw the ball away if he has to.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)
From a Cowboys fan, Berrian was overrated trash. Bears fans should feel lucky they avoided resigning him.

I only watched the 4th quarter of the Bears game, but a major problem to me looked like Grossman was told to throw more slants and short passes than not. He excels at throwing bombs. That's why Berrian has his big contract. Regardless, a bigger problem is the Bears secondary which was always overrated is complete trash this year. I think it's worse because Urlacher has sucked big.

It's hard for the secondary not to suck when the D-line completely disappears except for Alex Brown.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 07:48 PM)
It's hard for the secondary not to suck when the D-line completely disappears except for Alex Brown.

Babich seems to get eaten alive on 3rd down everytime. He has no creativity, the pressure never gets there, and veteran QBs tear them apart. The DBs arent absolved of all blame, but the front four doesnt get much pressure, and hasnt for about 4 consecutive games now.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 06:21 PM)
Through 8 games, Orton has found a way.

Let's see how he does when he isn't playing craptastic, bottom 5 quality pass defenses. I really want to know how an Orton-led offense would've done against the #1 defense in the NFL, and I doubt it would've looked something like 280 yds 3 TDs. I know it's nice to see a QB who doesn't totally suck playing for the Bears but let's be a little objective here.

This is in no way, shape, or form an endorsement of Rex Grossman whatsoever.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 08:53 PM)
Babich seems to get eaten alive on 3rd down everytime. He has no creativity, the pressure never gets there, and veteran QBs tear them apart. The DBs arent absolved of all blame, but the front four doesnt get much pressure, and hasnt for about 4 consecutive games now.

The secondary has to continuously stay on guys longer than they should have to because the D-line isn't getting there at all. I just think it's really unfair to call them out as the defense's weak link when we don't have Champ Bailey and Antonio Cromartie on the roster.

And yeah, Babich has the same lack of creativity Rivera had.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 08:25 AM)
Do you think Brandon Marshall and Anquan Boldin will be offended at being labeled freaks of nature?

Jusy to clarify so I dont look like a weirdo,I deleted the trouble posts and then I posted for those posters to stop which they did.

But to answer your question kyyle their feelings might be hurt so stop calling them freaks. :D

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
Jusy to clarify so I dont look like a weirdo,I deleted the trouble posts and then I posted for those posters to stop which they did.

But to answer your question kyyle their feelings might be hurt so stop calling them freaks. :D

LOL, I thought the posts seemed a little on the non-namecalling side.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Nov 10, 2008 -> 03:54 AM)
Again no he hasnt. Orton has really only had 2 stellar games and they were against 2 teams with brutal secondaries in Minny/Detroit. Other than that he has been average to below average.

I guess people forget his brutal performance at Carolina.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 05:42 PM)
I dont think the O-Line was any better lol but ok. Our O-Line hasnt been good really since the A-Train's rookie season. Plus Berrian is a nothing WR, Devin Hester is the same WR just a lot of speed. I dont even really want Rex as our starter, just saying I blame our coaching staff and our O-Line more than anything else.

Sure. During Rexy's little streak in 2006, the bears had a top 10 line, easy.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 10:30 PM)
it's been a long 3 weeks...atleast I was merely cautiously optimistic

You're a Buffalo fan and they started out 4-0, I wouldn't expect you not to be optimistic.. I just like picking on wsb for his crazy claims.