Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 07:53 PM)
Let's see how he does when he isn't playing craptastic, bottom 5 quality pass defenses. I really want to know how an Orton-led offense would've done against the #1 defense in the NFL, and I doubt it would've looked something like 280 yds 3 TDs. I know it's nice to see a QB who doesn't totally suck playing for the Bears but let's be a little objective here.

This is in no way, shape, or form an endorsement of Rex Grossman whatsoever.

Well, I know Orton wouldnt havent missed wide open receivers like Rex did yesterday, so I assume they would have been better. Its not hard to see that Kyle is on a whole different level than Rex. We were luckly enough to have Forte on the team to keep us in it.

There is a strong paralell between the Bears and the Bulls this year. Both team's best players are rookies and look to be one of the only bright spots moving forward.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 10, 2008 -> 09:26 AM)
Well, I know Orton wouldnt havent missed wide open receivers like Rex did yesterday, so I assume they would have been better. Its not hard to see that Kyle is on a whole different level than Rex. We were luckly enough to have Forte on the team to keep us in it.

There is a strong paralell between the Bears and the Bulls this year. Both team's best players are rookies and look to be one of the only bright spots moving forward.

Orton only recently stopped missing wide open receivers, it used to be flat-out f***ing embarrassing. I'm happier than anyone that one of the words we can use to describe Orton with is "accurate" now.

But, really, Orton has a LONG way to go before people can start talking about him as if he were a Pro Bowl-type QB, people are going to be severely disappointed if they expect him to dominate non-s***ty teams the way he did the Lions/Falcons/Vikings etc.

QUOTE (Shadows @ Nov 10, 2008 -> 03:02 AM)
You're a Buffalo fan and they started out 4-0, I wouldn't expect you not to be optimistic.. I just like picking on wsb for his crazy claims.

It just sucks because they've played like absolute s***, especially in regards to turning the ball over. Marshawn Lynch is also looking like a league average starting running back, which isn't exactly what he was supposed to transform into this season.

Edwards is hitting the proverbial wall and they need to figure s*** out. This poor play has also, coincidentally or not, coincided with Jauron's extension.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 10, 2008 -> 09:17 PM)
Kurt Warner is throwing the ball tonite like he did when his hand was messed up. considering he is my fantasy QB and I have a lot riding on him tonite, I dont like that

Off the ledge, couple nice passes to my boy, Steve Breaston.

a few observations....what a sloppy MNF game....seems like theres offsides or false starts on every single play..

and also the interior of the 49ers O line is awful....the cards bring pressure and get through almost every time

oh and NFL refs still blow

that game was horrendously mismanaged at the end of the game.....im sorry mike singletarry but that was awful....2.5 yards to go with 4 seconds and you run it with michael robinson?!??? spike the ball and take your time

Edited by daa84

That was some of the worst time management and play calling on a 1st and goal ever.

The MNF guys were supporting it for the most part, which I was very confused about.

Waste what seemed like forever, spike it to waste a down. Then run the ball with no timeouts, leaving yourself with one play, another run. So they could have had 4 shots at the endzone passing, instead they ended up with 2 run plays.

If that's not enough to lose your pants, I don't know what is.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 10:33 AM)
Funny how pundits are blaiming Martz, and not Singletary. I think it all obviously should fall on the head coach.

Martz insists the stoppage of play in the final 20 seconds to respot the ball(from the 1 yard line to the 2 1/2 yard line) was at fault, not the play calling.

If they were really hosed on the ball spot, then it is somewhat debatable, as Frank Gore's 2nd down rush would have been enough from the 1 yard line. But it happened the way it happened, and its over now

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)
Javon Walker is out for the season with an ankle injury. Apparently, some clause in his contract actually takes this injury and makes it even more costly if the Raiders want to cut him.

I have said it numerous times. This guy is so overrated. Never puts up the stats but wants all the money in the world, holds out, etc...Don't feel bad for him.