Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 10:42 AM)
Marty Booker has been terrible lately. Neither coordinator shows any creativity. It's beginning to look like this Bears team is lacking in too many aspects to make the playoffs this season.

Like I said a long time ago, one of the worse WR's corps I've ever seen. We had Lloyd with two random games but the WR's have been downright abysmal (look at the drops and lack of ability to create seperation or make really good catches).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
Like I said a long time ago, one of the worse WR's corps I've ever seen. We had Lloyd with two random games but the WR's have been downright abysmal (look at the drops and lack of ability to create seperation or make really good catches).

That was known coming into the season... the real disappointment has been on defense, the only ones really earning their paychecks out there are Lance Briggs, Alex Brown, and to a lesser extent Mike Brown and Dusty Dvoracek. Everyone else has been ranging from mediocre to pathetic.

Oh, and Devin Hester doesn't even exist anymore apparently.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
I don't buy that. They were a dominant team for a long long time with Cowher.

More like in spite of. Think of all those times over the course of about a decade where they were good but just not good enough, he was holding them back. I tried arguing against this with some Steeler fans on another board and got shot down on all fronts. They were relieved to see him go.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
I often used to talk about how overrated Hester was. Look at the Bears history of return guys, Hester was the best and most explosive but the Bears scheme had a lot to do with that (Azumah, Mylbrn, Rdub McQuarters, etc).

Ayanbadejo leaving probably isn't a coincidence either.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)

We need to go out and sign TJ Housh this offseason or trade for Boldin.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)
I guess you weren't around for wanstedt or Jauron. Lovie will still be coach. I would bet my house on it.

I was around, but I guess you are kind of right. He's been one of our better coaches. He needs to can Babich.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 02:52 PM)
Ayanbadejo leaving probably isn't a coincidence either.

We didn't want to give him $2 million a year. Cheap a**, Angelo.

Cowher is an above average coach, but not one of the top 5 or so in the league. He makes smart personnel decisions with the coaches he hires. He motivates his teams very well, and his coaching decisions in game are at least average.

You could do worse, and other Steelers fans are seeing that this year with Tomlin. Who knew hiring a 1 year DC as a head coach could be a mistake?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 03:54 PM)
We didn't want to give him $2 million a year. Cheap a**, Angelo.

Ayanbadejo didn't leave because of money, he left because he could play more LB on the Ravens. Angelo might be many things but "cheap" isn't one of them. Hell, look at basically the whole D.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
Urlachers interception was actually piss poor coverage. An even semi decent throw and that is an easy TD for the Pack. Urlacher is f***ing terrible.

The problem is that he's pretty much being wasted with the way they're playing the scheme, and also the absolutely pathetic D-line play is making it worse. A bad D-line makes everyone on D look worse in the Tampa 2.