Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 10:45 PM)
WTF are teams doing with the f***ing squib kicks in situations like this? I mean seriously.

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide rightttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

whew! Cleveland scared me for a second there

that vanilla offense at the end of the game cost them, not Lindell missing the kick. f***ing Jauron is assuming Lindell is going to nail it from 45-47 yards, even though it's into the wind and cold as s***...why not have a little faith in your QB and try and get 15 more yards? He looked fantastic on that pass to Royal, and then they just run it 3 f***ing times.

What a brutal coaching job. There's potential here for the future, but there's a lot of work left to be done. It's not happening yet.

the Bills now have to win 5 of their next 6 to make the playoffs...it's not impossible, but it's not likely in the least. KC and San Fran are winnable games, and then Miami goes up to Buffalo, so that could be 3, but 3 against KC, Denver, and New England, including 2 on the road, looks hard as hell. I won't count on it.

It was good to see Lynch actually have a good game, and Steve Johnson had a good game as well...they still just aren't a real good offensive team yet. Hopefully a nice tight end is brought in during the offseason to help out, because Royal just isn't that good and neither Schouman nor Fine seem like anything more than backups.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 11:12 PM)
the Bills now have to win 5 of their next 6 to make the playoffs...it's not impossible, but it's not likely in the least. KC and San Fran are winnable games, and then Miami goes up to Buffalo, so that could be 3, but 3 against KC, Denver, and New England, including 2 on the road, looks hard as hell. I won't count on it.

It was good to see Lynch actually have a good game, and Steve Johnson had a good game as well...they still just aren't a real good offensive team yet. Hopefully a nice tight end is brought in during the offseason to help out, because Royal just isn't that good and neither Schouman nor Fine seem like anything more than backups.

Miami goes "to" Buffalo which is actually in Toronto for this game, which is an advantage for Miami because a normal December trip to that s*** hole turns into an indoor game in Canada.

Thanks NFL!

QUOTE (Shadows @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 03:44 AM)
Miami goes "to" Buffalo which is actually in Toronto for this game, which is an advantage for Miami because a normal December trip to that s*** hole turns into an indoor game in Canada.

Thanks NFL!

Miami controls their own destiny with that remaining schedule. They took care of business during the challenging part of their schedule and are set up nicely the rest of the way.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 01:48 AM)
Miami controls their own destiny with that remaining schedule. They took care of business during the challenging part of their schedule and are set up nicely the rest of the way.

Well all I know is they SHOULD handle St. Louis, KC, and San Francisco because they are much better than all three of those teams by a good margin.

That leaves New England, Buffalo, and New York and if they win one of those and all 3 of the others that's 10-6 right there and should be good enough to get into the playoffs.

Its a lot to expect but as long as Pennington keeps managing the games like he has they have a legit chance at it.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 09:15 AM)
I mean, c'mon. You mean to tell me he has never noticed the little "T" column on the right side of the "W" and "L" columns? What an idiot. A true winner is also a student of the game. He should know everything inside and out.

That's what I was thinking.

If I knew there were ties in the NFL (how could I not, I've seen them happen before), how could that idiot not know?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 09:12 PM)

You will not be a winning football team for very long with a -10 giveaway/takeaway ratio.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 08:46 AM)
Seriously, how could anyone hate Tony Romo? http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3714369

jealousy

Tony Romo really has things figured out. He knows how lucky he is, and he's not afraid to spread the cheer. He's a great sportsman.

Edited by Steve9347