Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 12:47 PM)
I know I can't be the only one looking at the Titans being 10-0 and thinking they really just aren't... that... good...? Can I?

They remind me a lot of when Baltimore won the Superbowl back in 2000 or whenever they did.

Bulluck is comparable to Lewis, Haynesworth is that big D-Lineman, Collins manages the game like Dilfer did.

Don't know if they're better than the Giants (watch out for Jacobs' knee BTW), but it wouldn't surprise me if they won it all.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 23, 2008 -> 12:32 PM)
I admit that I was an Orton doubter and I apologize to KO for thinking that he'd fail.

That being said...

I still believe that the Bears need to draft a QB within their first 3 picks next year.

I agree. Though, I would not be surprised if Orton turns out to be the guy we were looking for.

Wow, we’re going to be in an incredibly tough place this offseason. On one hand, the QB class is going to be incredibly strong for the next two years, on the other we have Orton who remains somewhat of a mystery to all of us. I would be fine with drafting an OL like Oher or even focusing on defense and WR, but still…

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 23, 2008 -> 03:21 PM)
Wow, we’re going to be in an incredibly tough place this offseason. On one hand, the QB class is going to be incredibly strong for the next two years, on the other we have Orton who remains somewhat of a mystery to all of us. I would be fine with drafting an OL like Oher or even focusing on defense and WR, but still…

I don't understand the Orton love, he has been extremely mediocre for the most part. Has had two good games vs very poor pass defenses and than mediocre to bad. He was also pretty bad against a brutal Rams defense, should of had a couple of picks today. I like Orton as a backup for sure and without a doubt Grossman is done in Chicago, but at the same time besides Bradford not many QB's impress me in the upcoming draft. I think I would want the Bears to go with their top pick on the OL again.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Nov 23, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)
I don't understand the Orton love, he has been extremely mediocre for the most part. Has had two good games vs very poor pass defenses and than mediocre to bad. He was also pretty bad against a brutal Rams defense, should of had a couple of picks today. I like Orton as a backup for sure and without a doubt Grossman is done in Chicago, but at the same time besides Bradford not many QB's impress me in the upcoming draft. I think I would want the Bears to go with their top pick on the OL again.

It's good to see someone else not overdosing on the kool-aid. Just because Orton is better than what Grossman has become and because he beat the piss out of some of the worst secondaries in the NFL a few weeks in a row doesn't automatically mean he's the answer. It means he's an acceptable option, which is a sky-high rating by Chicago's pathetic standards. Pointing this out doesn't make one a hater or a Grossman fanboy either.

I'm content with Orton starting at QB for now but it doesn't mean the Bears shouldn't go for an upgrade if it becomes available. They made that mistake with Grossman and they had better not do it again.

Devin Hester sucks now, what happened? It's like he's not even interested in returning anymore and living entirely off his reputation while producing 0 results. I guess that happens when you're told you'll only make big money if you put up big WR numbers... start taking it easy on the returns, after all you get that money regardless and you wouldn't want to jeopardize those other dollars right?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 23, 2008 -> 04:21 PM)

Oher will be taken in the top 5, not in the 15 range where we will probably be drafting.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Nov 23, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)

Stafford has had a bit of a rough time at Georgia this year but he has an absolute cannon and is playing behind a very poor OL. I think we'll go OG then DE, or vice versa, in the first 2 rounds.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 23, 2008 -> 04:54 PM)
bulls***. yes he is.

^^^^^^^^

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 23, 2008 -> 05:31 PM)
Forte entered today averaging 3.8 yards a carry. That will go up after beating on the pathetic Rams, but to compare him to TCQ is laughable. It appears he can join Orton in the overrated pantheon at the moment.

Forte is much more talented and fundamentally sound at his position than Orton. He's no AD of course, and the comparisons to TCQ are hyperbole but he's solid, and right now that pick is looking like an A. It's rare that Angelo gets an offensive skill position pick right.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 23, 2008 -> 01:21 PM)

Oline, WR, and DE are the three biggest needs.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 23, 2008 -> 05:47 PM)
Oline, WR, and DE are the three biggest needs.

If the Bears don't draft another OT, I'm going to be pissed. Chris Williams might end up being a good pick after the hand-wringing and inconvenience of his back injury this year, but Tait is running out of gas quickly. Of course, it probably won't happen. Another G would be nice too, Beekman has been surprisingly good IMO but Kreutz is a borderline liability and shell of his former self.

They really do need another DE though... what the hell happened to Ogunleye? He had a monster year last year, and then...

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 23, 2008 -> 05:57 PM)
With virtually everyone already extended...it seems to me this should be a year for the Bears to spend some cap room to fill one of those spots (the Cinci WR's come to Mind)

Angelo doesn't spend cap money just for the sake of doing it when it's there. He isn't "cheap," that's just the battlefield cry of the meathead fans, but he doesn't sign big-name FAs unless he needs them.

I think Stafford, Harrel, Bradford, Daniel, and McCoy are all legitimate draft prospects. Plus you have the 3rd to 4th round team who’s going to roll the dice on Juice Williams in two years, and the unfortunate soul who’s going to buy into the Tebow’s a pro QB hype. There's some decent talent emerging within the next two years