Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 24, 2008 -> 01:25 AM)
Because stats through 11 games of an NFL career don't prove or mean a damn thing, as some of the things you yourself posted prove.

Hold on now, TCQ putting up his numbers for 80% of a season proves elite status where It is ridiculous to compare Forte to?

So, if Forte keeps pace for 3-4 more games, will that change your mind?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 23, 2008 -> 11:30 PM)
Hold on now, TCQ putting up his numbers for 80% of a season proves elite status where It is ridiculous to compare Forte to?

So, if Forte keeps pace for 3-4 more games, will that change your mind?

TCQ would have been the clear cut MVP of the American League had he not punched his bat. If Forte loses out on the MVP award (or just being the best player in the NFC) due to hurting himself in December, then yes, the comparison is perfectly fine with me.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 24, 2008 -> 01:36 AM)
TCQ would have been the clear cut MVP of the American League had he not punched his bat. If Forte loses out on the MVP award (or just being the best player in the NFC) due to hurting himself in December, then yes, the comparison is perfectly fine with me.

a top 5 all purpose running back does not compare to a corner outfielder, on a softball team hitting in a bandbox?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 23, 2008 -> 11:38 PM)
The Bears have scored the 8th most points in football, yet their QB and HB are both overrated. How the hell are they scoring points?

They had a fluke game (it was flukely for both sides) against Minnesota, a very good game at Indianapolis, and have beaten up on garbage 3 times. I hope Orton and Forte prove to not be overrated in the long run, but right now they both are. The Bears were 22nd in the league in yards per game entering today too, so they have been efficient in scoring when they've had a chance apparently as well.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 23, 2008 -> 11:40 PM)
a top 5 all purpose running back does not compare to a corner outfielder, on a softball team hitting in a bandbox?

A big reason for his all purpose yards position is he leads the league in touches, because he's all the Bears have in terms of offensive weaponry. Being all the Bears have and putting up the numbers he has is part of why he's so impressive, but at the same time part of the reason he has his numbers is he gets so many touches due to being all the Bears have. It's the chicken and the egg.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 24, 2008 -> 01:41 AM)
Neither is overrated, both are just being proclaimed as great far, far too early. And the reason they have the 7th best scoring offense in the NFL is quite simple. 34 and 27 vs. Detroit, 27 vs. St. Louis, and 48 vs. Minnesota (they did get 29 at Indy, although 7 were on defense). Three games against garbage, and one absolutely FANTASTIC performance against Minnesota in a very strange game.

The bears are the only team to play against a garbage defense? I see.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 24, 2008 -> 01:44 AM)
They had a fluke game (it was flukely for both sides) against Minnesota, a very good game at Indianapolis, and have beaten up on garbage 3 times. I hope Orton and Forte prove to not be overrated in the long run, but right now they both are. The Bears were 22nd in the league in yards per game entering today too, so they have been efficient in scoring when they've had a chance apparently as well.

Oh wait, now they are overrated again?

and you deleted your previous post which said they were not?

I'm done. Good night. Not worth my time.

Edited by rangercal

Forte is a rookie out of a C-USA school. He's averaging 4 ypc, and right now, he's one of the best receiving RB's. He can block pretty well too, and I noticed one play in the game yesterday when an Orton pass was deflected up in the air, and instead of watching, Forte ran and knocked it down. He is a good RB right now with great instincts.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 24, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
Forte is a rookie out of a C-USA school. He's averaging 4 ypc, and right now, he's one of the best receiving RB's. He can block pretty well too, and I noticed one play in the game yesterday when an Orton pass was deflected up in the air, and instead of watching, Forte ran and knocked it down. He is a good RB right now with great instincts.

He reminds me of Thomas Jones, except not as flashy, quicker, faster, and obviously not as ripped (holy s*** does Jones ever have some massive biceps)

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 24, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)

Are we writing player descriptions? Oooooh Oooooh, im next

Brandon Lloyd is a wide reciever out of a Big Ten School. He is averaging 3 injuries a game and 4 injury inactive stints per season. He can't(read, won't) block, isnt fast, and while he CAN catch, he doesnt do it much because he is always hurt.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 24, 2008 -> 04:42 PM)
Are we writing player descriptions? Oooooh Oooooh, im next

Brandon Lloyd is a wide reciever out of a Big Ten School. He is averaging 3 injuries a game and 4 injury inactive stints per season. He can't(read, won't) block, isnt fast, and while he CAN catch, he doesnt do it much because he is always hurt.

Ok, smarta**.

My point was that whitesoxfan101 was saying he's overrated, yet he's a rookie out of a small school, and you can't just look at his ypc to describe how valuable he's been for the Bears this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 24, 2008 -> 09:17 PM)
Ok, smarta**.

My point was that whitesoxfan101 was saying he's overrated, yet he's a rookie out of a small school, and you can't just look at his ypc to describe how valuable he's been for the Bears this year.

You should know WSF101 by now, He makes up his mind and says things. :D

I was poking fun at you because you didnt even do a quote reply, you just threw that out there.