Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 27, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
I’m 9 and 3 right now, second place with a tough matchup. I thrive on greed. Luckily, I had the Ten Defense and Jason Witten going as well.

I had Ten D, Chris Johnson, and Witten going today.... twas a happy day.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 28, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
The Cowboys can win out if they want, but they'll still just be a wild card and the road to the Super Bowl still clearly goes through Giants Stadium. I don't think the Cowboys have the talent or toughness to beat them.

talent they have, toughness not so much. Still, I think the Cowboys will be a better team as a result of their struggles this year. This goes against my better judgment, and I HATE the Cowboys, but I have a weird feeling they might win it all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3732959

David Vobora is about to go from "Mr. Irrelevant" to the starting lineup.

Vobora, the last man taken in the 2008 NFL draft, will start Sunday at middle linebacker for the St. Louis Rams against the Miami Dolphins. The Rams took Vobora, who played at Idaho, with the 45th pick of the seventh round and 252nd pick overall -- earning him the annual "Mr. Irrelevant" nickname as the draft's last pick.

He will be the first "Mr. Irrelevant" to start in his rookie season since Marty Moore started four games for the New England Patriots in 1994, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

I could have sworn that Mike Green got a few starts during his rookie season

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 29, 2008 -> 08:29 AM)
talent they have, toughness not so much. Still, I think the Cowboys will be a better team as a result of their struggles this year. This goes against my better judgment, and I HATE the Cowboys, but I have a weird feeling they might win it all.

I COMPLETELY agree that their struggles will make them a better team and a tougher out in the playoffs, and they are quite talented indeed. But like you said, "toughness not so much", and nobody is going to beat the Giants at Giants Stadium without that.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 29, 2008 -> 11:00 AM)
I COMPLETELY agree that their struggles will make them a better team and a tougher out in the playoffs, and they are quite talented indeed. But like you said, "toughness not so much", and nobody is going to beat the Giants at Giants Stadium without that.

I'd hate to sound like a homer but the Giants can be beat, even at home. I do admit that the road to the super bowl goes through Giants Stadium.

I just think the Giants won't have it so easy when they come to Dallas Stadium on the 14th.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 29, 2008 -> 09:03 AM)
I'd hate to sound like a homer but the Giants can be beat, even at home. I do admit that the road to the super bowl goes through Giants Stadium.

I just think the Giants won't have it so easy when they come to Dallas Stadium on the 14th.

The Giants certainly can be beat, especially if Jacobs isn't healthy. But the key to beating them is on your O-line. The Patriots lost to them last year because of that Giant pass rush. If you can't stop that, then you're just doomed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 29, 2008 -> 01:13 PM)
The Giants certainly can be beat, especially if Jacobs isn't healthy. But the key to beating them is on your O-line. The Patriots lost to them last year because of that Giant pass rush. If you can't stop that, then you're just doomed.

True, and the Dallas offensive line is very sketchy in pass blocking. It was exposed when Romo was out, and it hasn't got much better since he came back, although his elusiveness covers it up. He won't escape those Giants pass rushers like he has the Seattle and San Francisco ones, those boys are a little different.

Edited by whitesoxfan101