Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 03:36 AM)
They aren't going anywhere for a while and neither is Angelo. The Bears would never pay the price of firing those people, so get used to it. That was a shockingly pathetic turn of events, I haven't seen the Bears give up a 99 yard TD since Robert Brooks back when I was a little kid.

If the Bears don't make the playoffs, I can't imagine how Babich will keep his job.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
What the hell was Tillman doing on that play?

When Frerotte pulled the ball back to throw it, Tillman bit up on the under route and Berrian came completely free. He basically predicted the wrong place the ball was going before it was even let go.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 08:52 PM)
I thought the Sox collapse during (I think) the middle game of the 3 game series at Minnesota in September would be the worst collapse during an individual game by a Chicago team this year. Turns out, it wasn't even the worst collapse by a Chicago team at the metrodome this year.

Really?

They are down 10 at the half and were only winning 7-3 anyways.. this is hardly a collapse

QUOTE (Shadows @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
Really?

They are down 10 at the half and were only winning 7-3 anyways.. this is hardly a collapse

They went from likely up 14-3 with 5:00 to go in the half to down 10 at the half and looking completely outmatched.

But it's still only 10 points with half a game to play.

Edited by StrangeSox

Lovie Smith should be shot. Why would he OK the FB dive on the goal line? You could watch Minnesota, St. Louis, and San Diego all year and you wouldn't see them give it to their FB AT ALL on the goal line.

Now, Orton has been terrible and he should have completed that pass to Olsen on the goal line when he beat 2 guys, but WTF.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 03:03 AM)
Lovie Smith should be shot. Why would he OK the FB dive on the goal line? You could watch Minnesota, St. Louis, and San Diego all year and you wouldn't see them give it to their FB AT ALL on the goal line.

Now, Orton has been terrible and he should have completed that pass to Olsen on the goal line when he beat 2 guys, but WTF.

How dare you criticize the savior and his 5-16 first half!