Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Shadows @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
Really?

They are down 10 at the half and were only winning 7-3 anyways.. this is hardly a collapse

Grasping for straws. They gave away 7 points on back to back plays in the first half, turning a 14-3 lead into a 10-7 deficit. That's a collapse, but hopefully they overcome it and win.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This team has no character at all other than about 3 guys, so the collapse after the 2 play swing of 14 points was predictable. It would have been hard for them to overcome that as it is because they also aren't very good, but they pretty much did nothing after that in any regard other than the long pick return by (I think) Payne. The season isn't over, but one back with four to play and with the season split, I have no idea who has the tiebreaker. Three straight home games now (followed by a road game against lowly Houston), and must go at least 3-1, if not 4-0. It's certainly possible as the remaining schedule includes a .500 team and 3 teams below that mark, but you can't trust this team obviously, especially after Orton "Rex'd" it this evening. The Vikings finish at Arizona, vs. Atlanta, vs. New York Giants, so it's not easy for them (although they have a free win at Detroit next week), so the Bears have a distinct schedule advantage. I just hope it matters.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 10:29 PM)
This team has no character at all other than about 3 guys, so the collapse after the 2 play swing of 14 points was predictable. It would have been hard for them to overcome that as it is because they also aren't very good, but they pretty much did nothing after that in any regard other than the long pick return by (I think) Payne. The season isn't over, but one back with four to play and with the season split, I have no idea who has the tiebreaker. Three straight home games now (followed by a road game against lowly Houston), and must go at least 3-1, if not 4-0. It's certainly possible as the remaining schedule includes a .500 team and 3 teams below that mark, but you can't trust this team obviously, especially after Orton "Rex'd" it this evening. The Vikings finish at Arizona, vs. Atlanta, vs. New York Giants, so it's not easy for them (although they have a free win at Detroit next week), so the Bears have a distinct schedule advantage. I just hope it matters.

Tiebreaker is division record. I want to say each team has two losses in the division right now.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 10:36 PM)
Tiebreaker is division record. I want to say each team has two losses in the division right now.

The Packers actually have the edge in division games because they split with Minny and beat us but theyre a game back of us still and 2 behind Minny. Us being able to beat Green Bay in Chicago would be huge. the Vikings have 3 tough games and will be without the Williams's more than likely.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 10:36 PM)

If it comes to that, in my opinion, Minnesota will have beat Detroit and the Bears beat the Packers so both would be 4-2 in the division. I'm guessing conference record is the next tiebreaker?

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 10:45 PM)
The Packers actually have the edge in division games because they split with Minny and beat us but theyre a game back of us still and 2 behind Minny. Us being able to beat Green Bay in Chicago would be huge. the Vikings have 3 tough games and will be without the Williams's more than likely.

Packers aren't making the playoffs, as tough as that is for me to say.

They are a mirror image of the Saints, only can win games if they score a ton of points.

Have no defense with all of the injuries and can't stop anyone. The occasional turnover caused by their defense is what has kept them in all of their games.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

The Bears could go 3-1 in the next 4 games. Jacksonville stinks, the Saints are medicore (it'll be hard to throw 50 times when it's 20 degrees out. Who wants to catch a Brees fastball in that?), and the Texans are...the Texans. I just don't see them beating the Packers though, but even that is possible.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 10:59 PM)
The Bears could go 3-1 in the next 4 games. Jacksonville stinks, the Saints are medicore (it'll be hard to throw 50 times when it's 20 degrees out. Who wants to catch a Brees fastball in that?), and the Texans are...the Texans. I just don't see them beating the Packers though, but even that is possible.

If they want to be in the NFL, they better want to catch Brees' passes all day long.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 10:59 PM)

The cold wouldn't matter to Brees as much as the snow and wind IMO. We saw today that Brees can be thrown off with poor weather (he only completed about 50 percent of his passes and had 3 picks in the Tampa rain), so I think who wins the Bears/Saints game might be in large part decided by mother nature.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 11:13 PM)
The cold wouldn't matter to Brees as much as the snow and wind IMO. We saw today that Brees can be thrown off with poor weather (he only completed about 50 percent of his passes and had 3 picks in the Tampa rain), so I think who wins the Bears/Saints game might be in large part decided by mother nature.

I think that has a little more to do with Tampas defense, but the weather im sure effected it some

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
If it comes to that, in my opinion, Minnesota will have beat Detroit and the Bears beat the Packers so both would be 4-2 in the division. I'm guessing conference record is the next tiebreaker?

Yea it's conference record, after that I'm not sure.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)
Time to bench Orton....as bad of a performance as you could imagine.

The entire offensive line should be benched first. Also the receivers and their terrible routes, Hester was 100 percent at fault for the pick returned all the way down to the 12 yard line.

Pat and Kevin Williams, among others, have been suspended for the rest of the season.

One week too late, but this seriously helps the Bears.

NFL suspended Deuce McAllister, Saints DE Charles Grant, Saints DE Will Smith, Vikings DT Kevin Williams, Vikings DT Pat Williams, and Texans LS Brian Pittman for the final four games of the regular season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Good thing Deuce already set the franchise record for scores because his NFL career may sadly be over. Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush will continue to carry the load for New Orleans. The news primarily effects opposing rushers of Minnesota: Kevin Smith, Tim Hightower, and Michael Turner the next three weeks. Hugely upgrade their matchups