Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 12, 2008 -> 04:06 AM)
Most idiotic statement ever.

Why? Orton's been absolutely brutal since about week 6. Reminds me of 2006 with Rex. At least with Rex, you have someone who can complete a deep pass once a month.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
Most idiotic statement ever.

Not really, Orton hasnt done anything this season to show he is better than Grossman at all. Obviously neither are the answer, but Orton is probably among other things costing us this game. The fact we cant get any offense going at all against such a horrible defense, its pathetic.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 10:08 PM)
Why? Orton's been absolutely brutal since about week 5. Reminds me of 2006 with Rex. At least with Rex, you have someone who can complete a deep pass once a month.

This isn't the fun and gun in Florida. It's the NFL. You can't just throw deep. Orton makes more difficult throws that Rex can never make.

Week 7 vs. Minnesota he was very good. Good against Jax and Good against St. Louis. Otherwise he has been average, never brutal, IMO. Guess you don't like the fact that he is capable of putting up a 0.0 WB rating.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 10:10 PM)
Not really, Orton hasnt done anything this season to show he is better than Grossman at all. Obviously neither are the answer, but Orton is probably among other things costing us this game. The fact we cant get any offense going at all against such a horrible defense, its pathetic.

That I can agree with. But no way do I want Rex to play if Orton if active.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 12, 2008 -> 04:13 AM)
This isn't the fun and gun in Florida. It's the NFL. You can't just throw deep. Orton makes more difficult throws that Rex can never make.

Week 7 vs. Minnesota he was very good. Good against Jax and Good against St. Louis. Otherwise he has been average, never brutal, IMO. Guess you don't like the fact that he is capable of putting up a 0.0 WB rating.

Never brutal? At Minnesota was a terrible performance, and tonight hasn't been much better. Hopefully he can lead us to a win now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 10:17 PM)
Never brutal? At Minnesota was a terrible performance, and tonight hasn't been much better. Hopefully he can lead us to a win now.

I meant the home game vs. Minn. The whole team was brutal at Minn.