Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The funny thing is, Kyle Orton tried to give the game away at the end of regulation and it won't be mentioned by anyone this week. They were what? 10 yards out 7 seconds to go, Orton drops back to pass, no one's open, 4 seconds now, he takes off running, Kyle Orton couldn't run 10 yards in 4 seconds with a clear lane to the endzone and yet he's going for it anyway. THROW THE f***ING BALL AWAY! If the Saints hold him up for an extra 2 seconds time expires and the Bears lose. Luckily they dragged him to the ground with a little time left on the clock.

For a game manager Kyle Orton is a really f***ing stupid QB. He's f***ing regressing.

The Bears lose the tiebreakers to Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and Carolina, so even if they win out, the Wild Card chances aren't outstanding. For the Bears to make the playoffs, they need somebody to collapse. Tampa Bay has 9 wins and home games against Oakland and San Diego left, so it won't be them, and Carolina has 10 wins. Basically, the Bears need Atlanta, Dallas (they have the tiebreaker due to conference record ATM), or the Vikings to lose 2 out of 3, while the Bears win out for a playoff spot to open up. The odds are still the Bears won't get in, and they need look no further than blowing games against 3 NFC South teams if they fail to make it. Had the Bears lost tonight, I'd imagine they would have been the first team in NFL history to blow 4th quarter leads and lose to an entire division in one season.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 12, 2008 -> 01:18 AM)
The Bears lose the tiebreakers to Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and Carolina, so even if they win out, the Wild Card chances aren't outstanding. For the Bears to make the playoffs, they need somebody to collapse. Tampa Bay has 9 wins and home games against Oakland and San Diego left, so it won't be them. Basically, the Bears need Atlanta, Dallas (they have the tiebreaker due to conference record ATM), or the Vikings to lose 2 out of 3, while the Bears win out for a playoff spot to open up.

Atlanta or Minnesota will lose at least 1. They play each other.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 11:20 PM)
Atlanta or Minnesota will lose at least 1. They play each other.

True, and their other games are (Minnesota) at Arizona and vs. the Giants, and (Atlanta) vs. Tampa Bay and vs. St. Louis. I think Minnesota would be better off losing that game, because I like the odds of them losing one of those other two games more than Atlanta, plus it's better to go after the division and only have to worry about 1 team. However, both teams have a game this weekend obviously and what they do in those will determine a lot what we want to happen when Atlanta and Minnesota play. It would be nice if they both lose, and just as nice if Dallas loses at home to the Giants. That would tie the two teams in conference and overall record, and in that case I'm not sure who would have the tiebreaker.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 10:47 PM)
The funny thing is, Kyle Orton tried to give the game away at the end of regulation and it won't be mentioned by anyone this week. They were what? 10 yards out 7 seconds to go, Orton drops back to pass, no one's open, 4 seconds now, he takes off running, Kyle Orton couldn't run 10 yards in 4 seconds with a clear lane to the endzone and yet he's going for it anyway. THROW THE f***ING BALL AWAY! If the Saints hold him up for an extra 2 seconds time expires and the Bears lose. Luckily they dragged him to the ground with a little time left on the clock.

For a game manager Kyle Orton is a really f***ing stupid QB. He's f***ing regressing.

Throwing the ball away while in the pocket would be a penalty and they'd run 10 seconds off the clock, right?

What's been Maynard's problem lately? It seems like he has several s***ty punts a game now.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 11:47 PM)

I was going to mention it, lol. I've never been an Orton fan, even when he was ripping up s***ty defenses near the beginning of the season. I will concede he is better than Rex but that's all I'll say. Orton is not that good.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 12, 2008 -> 08:40 AM)
I was going to mention it, lol. I've never been an Orton fan, even when he was ripping up s***ty defenses near the beginning of the season. I will concede he is better than Rex but that's all I'll say. Orton is not that good.

I really hope this organization doesn't fall in love with him. There's a decent QB draft class for the next two years.