Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

The final play should have been "You have 3 seconds to throw, if you dont see anything in three seconds you throw it out of the back of the end zone near a player."

Orton almost lost the game because if the Saints were smart they hold him up for a few seconds and the game is over.

Under no circumstances should he ever attempted to advance the ball by ground.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Per NFL.COM

"He is having a great year, but when I see the highlights, I see holes," Benson, now with the Bengals, told writer Thomas George. "I see them using him in the slot, something they didn't do with me. If I was there right now with the holes I see, I probably would have 1,800 yards. I definitely would have 1,500. I congratulate him on all of his success. He is taking advantage."

The incomparable Cedric Benson talking about Matt Forte.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 12, 2008 -> 11:06 PM)
TO will be playing for the Titans next year, and he'll ruin what they have there, too, once Young struggles.

I really do hate the Cowboys. There are a few guys I like (Romo, Ware, Barber) but there are so many asshats (both Roy W's, TO) that it makes me dislike them.

Uh, there is no way TO would ever play for the Titans..

They kicked Pacmans ass out of town, what makes you think they would ever accept Owens?

QUOTE (Shadows @ Dec 13, 2008 -> 05:44 PM)
Uh, there is no way TO would ever play for the Titans..

They kicked Pacmans ass out of town, what makes you think they would ever accept Owens?

Well, TO's problems are all on the field. Jones gets arrested every other week. There's some difference, although the Titans probably wouldn't take him like you said.

Can't compare T.O. and Pacman. T.O. is a mentally ill (even assuming he didn't attempt suicide, he still is mentally ill in my opinion) person who seems to have never received help and/or just does not want help, and Pacman is just a really, really bad guy. Big difference.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Atlanta won today over Tampa Bay, which killed whatever Wild Card hopes the Bears had. Carolina has 10 wins, and even if they collapse, the Bears can't pass them, and Atlanta and Tampa Bay both have 9 wins. If Tampa wins at home against Oakland or San Diego, the Bears can't pass them, and if Atlanta wins at Minnesota or vs. St. Louis, the Bears can't pass them. It's pretty much pass Minnesota and win a Divison Title or bust now.

I'm with you WSF1986 btw, Fisher might have given away a win with that decision. I'd say there is a 90 to 95 percent chance Bironas makes that, and instead he throws a bomb on 4th and 2 with an ice cold quarterback. Unless Bironas was injured and we didn't know it, that was the worst coaching decision I've seen all season, and is all the more shocking considering a great coach of a very good team made the decision.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I hope the whole offseason isn't a giant b****fest about the Williams Wall not being suspended if the Bears don't make the playoffs. Had the Bears not s*** the bed in Minneapolis (well, and especially at Atlanta and vs. Tampa Bay), none of this would be a problem.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)
I hope the whole offseason isn't a giant b****fest about the Williams Wall not being suspended if the Bears don't make the playoffs. Had the Bears not s*** the bed in Minneapolis (well, and especially at Atlanta and vs. Tampa Bay), none of this would be a problem.

While I don't get why they get off scott free, it is clearly not the reason. Bears blew the Tampa, Carolina, and Atlanta games. Plain and simple. If the Bears miss the playoffs, which it looks like they will, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

That said, they still have won more games than I ever thought they would this year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)
While I don't get why they get off scott free, it is clearly not the reason. Bears blew the Tampa, Carolina, and Atlanta games. Plain and simple. If the Bears miss the playoffs, which it looks like they will, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

That said, they still have won more games than I ever thought they would this year.

I am baffled by why they got off scott free too, for the record. But you can't rely on something like that, and it amazes me that the Bears and Vikings have won as many games as they have this year, I am completely underwhelmed by both of those teams. They must be well coached, but Lovie and Childress don't exactly strike you as brilliant either (although Lovie does have a pretty good resume obviously).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/...iD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

Does anyone think that the recent "victory" by the Williams wall in the courtroom vs the NFL in regards to StarCaps is setting a precedent? It seems bogus to me that these guys are getting away with it while lesser players in the league have basically taken their punishment and dealt with it. Basically the same thing happened to Jim Miller in 99 or 2000 and he had to serve a 4 game suspension, and one of the jokes about it was that he in no way looks like a guy who would be using steroids, and thats some of the same line of reasoning I am hearing about Pat Williams using StarCaps to mask steroid use.

maybe one of our maverick lawyers on the website can explain it to me a little better, it just seems that the williams wall is just delaying the inevitable until the offseason for the playoff run, and will serve the suspensions at the start of next season.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 02:15 PM)
In my fantasy land, the Jags let Gregg Williams go, Bob Babich is dumped, and Williams comes to the Bears.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3768691

Edited by kyyle23