Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

By what I understand, the suspensions are currently on hold until the court can "fully review them". That's not a dangerous precedent, however there seems to be a realistic chance the suspensions will be overthrown alltogether by the court, and THAT would be a dangerous precedent in my uneducated opinion. I still am not sure how a suspension based on something in the CBA can be determined illegal by any court, but we'll have to wait for an official ruling before that debate should start.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bears are pretty much all but done now....wild card is almost for sure out of reach with Tampa (Oakland still left to play) and Atlanta (st. louis to play still) 1 game ahead with a tie breaker and each having a guaranteed win in there....that doesn't even count dallas and philly....so basically they will have to win the division, so they will have to win out and Minny will have to lose out..possible but pretty unlikely...especially given the fact that the giants won't be playing for s*** vs. minny in that last week

This might be all but over before the Bears play again. Tampa Bay is 6-0 at home and hosts San Diego next week, and Atlanta is a 3-4 road team going into red hot Minensota. Even if Dallas collapses, the only hope that might be left by the time the Bears take the field next is win out and hope Atlanta loses at home to St. Louis.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)
bears are pretty much all but done now....wild card is almost for sure out of reach with Tampa (Oakland still left to play) and Atlanta (st. louis to play still) 1 game ahead with a tie breaker and each having a guaranteed win in there....that doesn't even count dallas and philly....so basically they will have to win the division, so they will have to win out and Minny will have to lose out..possible but pretty unlikely...especially given the fact that the giants won't be playing for s*** vs. minny in that last week

Oh... so they don't want home field in the NFC title game? hmmmm

QUOTE (rangercal @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
Oh... so they don't want home field in the NFC title game? hmmmm

Home field in the NFC Title game will probably come down to the Giants/Panthers game next week. In fact, it will come down to that if Dallas holds on tonight.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 13, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
Can't compare T.O. and Pacman. T.O. is a mentally ill (even assuming he didn't attempt suicide, he still is mentally ill in my opinion) person who seems to have never received help and/or just does not want help, and Pacman is just a really, really bad guy. Big difference.

Yeah, you can compare them.

In fact, ide say that Owens is by far the worst of the two. What does Pacman Jones going to a strip club and causing a problem have to do with the Tennessee Titans and what they do on the field on Sundays? Absolutely nothing.

Owens on the other hand, causes problems with his coaches.. his quarterback.. ownership.. the media.. his teammates..

One person is directly causing the franchise to suffer while the other is just a moron on his own time which does not effect the ultimate goal, which is winning on Sundays.

Owens isn't mentally ill, he is just a selfish asshole who has to have it his way or the highway. Apparently him and Witten got into a scuffle over the most recent "play scandal" report. He has done this three times now to three different teams. He is worse than Pacman.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 11:33 PM)
Home field in the NFC Title game will probably come down to the Giants/Panthers game next week. In fact, it will come down to that if Dallas holds on tonight.

I knew they played, wasn't sure what the tie-breakers would be. Just seen it all lies on next week. However, Let's say the Giants lose this week and next. Would they want to go in the playoffs losing 4 straight? I bet they would show up if they lost to the 'Boys and Panthers.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (rangercal @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
I knew they played, wasn't sure what the tie-breakers would be. Just seen it all lies on next week. However, Let's say the Giants lose this week and next. Would they want to go in the playoffs losing 4 straight? I bet they would show up if they lost to the 'Boys and Panthers.

If the Cowboys win tonight, the Vikings are not going to get the Giants best effort in week 17 regardless of what happens next week. I know people will point towards last year and week 17, but that was a completely different senario in that the Giants were a Wild Card team at home on national TV against the mighty and undefeated Patriots, and weren't the division champs and defending world champs who knew what their seed was. And even if we make the (likely false) assumption that the Giants will give their all and play their starters all game in week 17, it's pretty clear the New York offense is nowhere near the same without Plaxico Burress.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
If the Cowboys win tonight, the Vikings are not going to get the Giants best effort in week 17 regardless of what happens next week. I know people will point towards last year and week 17, but that was a completely different senario in that the Giants were a Wild Card team at home on national TV against the mighty and undefeated Patriots, and weren't the division champs and defending world champs who knew what their seed was. And even if we make the (likely false) assumption that the Giants will give their all and play their starters all game in week 17, it's pretty clear the New York offense is nowhere near the same without Plaxico Burress.

I disagree. They went into the playoffs on a positive note last year, I think they remember the recipe for success. No way the defending champs lay down and go on a 4 game losing streak going into the playoffs.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 09:51 PM)
I disagree. They went into the playoffs on a positive note last year, I think they remember the recipe for success. No way the defending champs lay down and go on a 4 game losing streak going into the playoffs.

Well to each his own. I don't think it will matter to the Bears though, I'd be shocked if Atlanta wins at Minnesota next week. The Vikings defense is built to stop a team like Atlanta on offense, and Tavaris Jackson is actually playing respectable football right now (more than respectable today actually). Plus you know it'll be loud as all you know what in that dome.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

DeMarcus Ware is probably going to get the biggest contract in NFL history for a defensive player this off-season.

And our defense has been very good since Wade Phillips took over the play-calling again.

We need to beat Baltimore at home and Philly in Philly to make the playoffs. It can be done.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 04:34 PM)
According to Boers and Bernstein, Pat Williams is out 2-6 weeks with a shoulder injury. Too bad it's too little too late.

Still very important for next weeks game, the Falcons are a running team and the Vikings just lost their best run stopper.

If you are the Bears, do you approach Mike Brown with an incentive-laden deal that's based on games played? Mean Mike Brown can still play, maybe not like 2 years ago when he was in the convo as one of the best S's in the NFL, but I still love him.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 12:04 PM)
If you are the Bears, do you approach Mike Brown with an incentive-laden deal that's based on games played? Mean Mike Brown can still play, maybe not like 2 years ago when he was in the convo as one of the best S's in the NFL, but I still love him.

I really think it's time to part ways with Brown, and it's really time to start letting some of these grizzled vets go.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 02:43 PM)
I really think it's time to part ways with Brown, and it's really time to start letting some of these grizzled vets go.

Brown is not really a grizzled vet, he was drafted in 2000 and he's only about 30. It just seems like he's a lot older than he is b/c he's been injured so many times. He's around the same age as Urlacher, who has been looking like ass because Babich is misusing him badly in the scheme, and isn't anywhere near as old as everyone thinks.

Actually, the Bears don't really have that many "grizzled vets" outside of the O-line, even then it's just Kreutz and Tait.

Edited by lostfan