Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 20, 2008 -> 10:19 PM)
If TO ever complains about Whitten getting thrown to too much, he should get laid out. Best TE today.

Doesn't matter, Reed scared Romo into not throwing to his side of the field and because of that it was a key reason they lose that game. Yeah, Witten made plays when he needed to, but Romo should of made some better decisions tonight.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)
Good start for Atlanta, burner with another TD. I at least hope Minnesota loses today and the Bears win so at least next week's games will mean something. It will be interesting to see if Coughlin rests his players next week.

GO ATL!

I havent fallen in love with this years Bears team but I still would like them to get a shot in the playoffs with their being no dominant team out there.

Alright, so as it currently stands, this is how the Bears make the playoffs:

Division Champs if...

MIN loses to NYG, finish 9-7

Bears beat GB and HOU, finish 10-6

Wild Card if...

DAL loses to PHI, finishing 9-7

TB loses to OAK, finishing 9-7

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
Alright, so as it currently stands, this is how the Bears make the playoffs:

Division Champs if...

MIN loses to NYG, finish 9-7

Wild Card if...

DAL loses to PHI, finishing 9-7

TB loses to OAK, finishing 9-7

Correct, and that is how it will stand since there is only 1 week left. A shocking amount of things went in the Bears favor today, so they went from having no chance to having only a small chance. The Bears still need a very unlikely upset to happen here. Even if we assume Dallas will lose at Philly (which I think they will, the Cowboys are heartless dogs, especially in December), the Bears need either the Giants to win at Minnesota in a game that will have literally zero meaning for them, or will need the horrific Oakland Raiders to win in Tampa in a stadium the Bucs, despite their recent struggles, are 6-1 at this year. I HOPE the Bears get in, but I still doubt it. I'm still not sure they are even capable of taking care of their own business and winning 4 in a row. I hope it happens though.

By the way, I was very glad San Diego won and Denver lost today. After the epic screw job the Chargers got earlier this year, it's only right and justified that they get a shot at the Broncos at home in which a win would give them a divsion title. Although wow, football in the western US has been trash this year. If Arizona loses and San Diego wins next week, both western division champions will have an 8-8 record.