Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 06:37 PM)
Correct, and that is how it will stand since there is only 1 week left. A shocking amount of things went in the Bears favor today, so they went from having no chance to having only a small chance. The Bears still need a very unlikely upset to happen here. Even if we assume Dallas will lose at Philly (which I think they will, the Cowboys are heartless dogs, especially in December), the Bears need either the Giants to win at Minnesota in a game that will have literally zero meaning for them, or will need the horrific Oakland Raiders to win in Tampa in a stadium the Bucs, despite their recent struggles, are 6-1 at this year. I HOPE the Bears get in, but I still doubt it. I'm still not sure they are even capable of taking care of their own business and winning 4 in a row. I hope it happens though.

Yea, the real question is whether the Giants will rest their players. Coughlin didn't do it last year, and I really think that played a part in them winning the Super Bowl, it gave them a ton of momentum.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 06:37 PM)
By the way, I was very glad San Diego won and Denver lost today. After the epic screw job the Chargers got earlier this year, it's only right and justifiedthat they get a shot at the Broncos at home in which a win would give them a divsion title. Although wow, football in the western US has been trash this year. If Arizona loses and San Diego wins next week, both western division champions will have an 8-8 record.

After last season, Goodell proposed a rule that wouldn't give divison winners a guaranteed home game, and I really wish it would have passed. It's a joke that the Colts could be 12-4 and have to go on the road and face an 8-8 team. Plus, it would make late season games more meaningful with less teams tanking games in week 17.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 06:51 PM)
Yea, the real question is whether the Giants will rest their players. Coughlin didn't do it last year, and I really think that played a part in them winning the Super Bowl, it gave them a ton of momentum.

They were pretty healthy last year going into week 17 IIRC, and this year they are pretty banged up, which is why I think they are going to rest people and try and give them an extra week off since they'll have the bye as well. Hopefully they play everybody and give Minnesota a game though.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 06:53 PM)
After last season, Goodell proposed a rule that wouldn't give divison winners a guaranteed home game, and I really wish it would have passed. It's a joke that the Colts could be 12-4 and have to go on the road and face an 8-8 team. Plus, it would make late season games more meaningful with less teams tanking games in week 17.

Agreed. I'm hoping that with the bad teams (and records) winning both western divisions, that rule proposal gains some steam and passes this offseason.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Well I'd like to thank Tampa & Philly for leaving the door ajar for Dallas. Still not sure if I should be excited or not that Dallas is still in the playoff picture.

But I'm gonna ride with my team until they're out of it, with that being said...

Go Pack.

Before the week started, if you would have told me that Andre Johnson and Roddy White were going to have 3 fantasy points combined for the guy I'm playing and I would get 21 from Colston and 16 from Gates, I would have loved you. Instead, I went with Dallas' D instead of Washington's and that f***ed me over.

That was NOT a good first half for me. Was up 30 going into this game and now Williams has him making an improbable come back. I have Steve Smith so that one play that was overturned killed me.

Have Bears defense tomorrow no matter what.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)
I still don't believe in the Titans. I just don't see them going to the Super Bowl.

I've been saying this all year. But with today's ass whooping, I think it's time to give them their due. I think Kerry Collins is lizard s***. But when you can run the ball and play stingy defense like they can, you've got a chance.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 11:58 PM)
I've been saying this all year. But with today's ass whooping, I think it's time to give them their due. I think Kerry Collins is lizard s***. But when you can run the ball and play stingy defense like they can, you've got a chance.

Wasn't an asswhooping. Steelers had 374 total yards, Titans had 323.

Problem is that Ben Roethlisberger is a turnover machine, and the Steelers OL is embarassing. Ben has 14 INT's on the year, and 14 fumbles. He had two INT's and 4 fumbles today alone. OL also allowed 4 sacks from a rookie 2nd round draft pick Jason Jones. Haynesworth might have broken Derrick Thomas' sack record for a game if he had played.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Dec 22, 2008 -> 12:17 AM)
Wasn't an asswhooping. Steelers had 374 total yards, Titans had 323.

Problem is that Ben Roethlisberger is a turnover machine, and the Steelers OL is embarassing. Ben has 14 INT's on the year, and 14 fumbles. He had two INT's and 4 fumbles today alone. OL also allowed 4 sacks from a rookie 2nd round draft pick Jason Jones. Haynesworth might have broken Derrick Thomas' sack record for a game if he had played.

That was a whoopin' to me. Their offensive and defensive lines DOMINATED. The Titans are legit.

There was an obligatory segment before the game about how Packers fans miss Favre.

It's really simple... Aaron Rodgers is not anywhere near the list of the reasons the Packers are having a s***ty year. In fact he's been better than Favre, statistically. Only the dumbest meatheads in the Packers fanbase should disagree. It's actually not even worth discussion.