Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

Nobody used to be able to throw to the middle of the field, now it's basically free completion territory. They can't stop 3rd and long anymore.

Urlacher and Brown used to dominate that area, Urlacher is never placed anywhere near the ball anymore though.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 23, 2008 -> 03:47 AM)
Nobody used to be able to throw to the middle of the field, now it's basically free completion territory. They can't stop 3rd and long anymore.

Urlacher and Brown used to dominate that area, Urlacher is never placed anywhere near the ball anymore though.

thank you Babich

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 22, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)
Gotta love the cover 2 when you can't rush the passer.

Everytime its 3rd and long we always run the cover 2 and seemingly it always gets beat, like it kills the defense. I dont understand why Babich keeps doing the same thing, it absolutely murdered is this season especially the atlanta game. I almost prefer them to be 3rd and short.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Dec 22, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)
Everytime its 3rd and long we always run the cover 2 and seemingly it always gets beat, like it kills the defense. I dont understand why Babich keeps doing the same thing, it absolutely murdered is this season especially the atlanta game. I almost prefer them to be 3rd and short.

My friend (Packers fan) asked if we were running a soft zone. I said no, we just suck, and forgot how to defend that area.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 22, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
Yeah... see what happens to the run defense when Mike Brown isn't playing?

Our run defense has gone downhill ever since Dusty has been out, the plus thing is our pass rush has gotten a little better. But on a side note.... If Babich and Orton are in their current roles next season something is definitely wrong with our front office and head coach.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Dec 22, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)
Our run defense has gone downhill ever since Dusty has been out, the plus thing is our pass rush has gotten a little better. But on a side note.... If Babich and Orton are in their current roles next season something is definitely wrong with our front office and head coach.

I'm fairly certain Orton will be back. I'd settle for just drafting another QB though, it's one lesson I learned as a Bears fan (don't count on one guy long-term, always have a backup option in case that doesn't work)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 22, 2008 -> 08:57 PM)
I'm fairly certain Orton will be back. I'd settle for just drafting another QB though, it's one lesson I learned as a Bears fan (don't count on one guy long-term, always have a backup option in case that doesn't work)

In my opinion the only QB worth a damn is Sam Bradford and he if he comes out will be way before our pick.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 22, 2008 -> 09:59 PM)
Orton is just awful now. I can't believe he's escaped so much blame from the media this season.

I'm not a Rex fanboy by any standards, but there's really a double standard there. Orton was treated as the savior of this franchise for a few weeks at the beginning of the season. But if Rex was out there doing what Orton is doing right now the stadium would be up in flames, it's pretty silly. Orton's earned himself a full season's worth of starts to show what he can do, but he should not be cemented anywhere, and hasn't earned the privilege of excuse-making.

Bottom line, Orton's not the answer, no matter how much some fans managed to convince themselves that he is.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 23, 2008 -> 03:05 AM)
I'm not a Rex fanboy by any standards, but there's really a double standard there. Orton was treated as the savior of this franchise for a few weeks at the beginning of the season. But if Rex was out there doing what Orton is doing right now the stadium would be up in flames, it's pretty silly. Orton's earned himself a full season's worth of starts to show what he can do, but he should not be cemented anywhere, and hasn't earned the privilege of excuse-making.

Bottom line, Orton's not the answer, no matter how much some fans managed to convince themselves that he is.

Well said...damn quick healing ankles!