Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)
Olson had that ball and it should've been a TD. One thing I noticed is that Orton eyes his receiver too much.

It was interesting, as Vasher was ripping on Orton for doing this too much on Comcast yesterday. You usually don't hear criticism like that from your teammate.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
The Bears have been a really hard team to cheer for this year. I could give a s*** about them loosing today they arent a good football team,they have overachieved at 9 wins.

I would argue the opposite that they are right where they should be. Had some games go their way the past two weeks, but also some they should've won against the NFC South teams.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
He was injured Nov 2nd vs Detroit, meaning he was about 7 1/2 games into the season.

Rex was good for 1/2 a season, too.

In any event, if it's an injury, count me as being against a guy who's taken 10 games and still isn't effective after an ankle injury.

Actually, Orton's perfect for this group: M - E - D - I - O - C -R - E.

People say- "I don't want to trade for Boldin because it'll cost us a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder".

So what? What will we do with that 1st rounder? I say we make that trade, then go with an OG (in the 2nd), then an OT (in the 3rd with the compensation we'll get for Berrian), then a FS (in the 4th).

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
It was interesting, as Vasher was ripping on Orton for doing this too much on Comcast yesterday. You usually don't hear criticism like that from your teammate.

It's true and it's really evident the past two quarters. He just looks at the receiver and doesn't bother turning his head whatsoever. He doesn't even even slightly tilt his head. You know who he's going to all the time.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)
Rex was good for 1/2 a season, too.

In any event, if it's an injury, count me as being against a guy who's taken 10 games and still isn't effective after an ankle injury.

Actually, Orton's perfect for this group: M - E - D - I - O - C -R - E.

To be fair, he never really had any time to recover and get back to 100%. And when you play 10 games on an injured ankle, it's hard to give it time to rest and heal. He was an above-average NFL quarterback before the injury.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
It's true and it's really evident the past two quarters. He just looks at the receiver and doesn't bother turning his head whatsoever. He doesn't even even slightly tilt his head. You know who he's going to all the time.

That's why we need to "lock him up" with a big 7 year extension or whatever that bulls*** was people were saying earlier this year. What a joke.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
People say- "I don't want to trade for Boldin because it'll cost us a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder".

So what? What will we do with that 1st rounder? I say we make that trade, then go with an OG (in the 2nd), then an OT (in the 3rd with the compensation we'll get for Berrian), then a FS (in the 4th).

I'd rather sign Houshmandzadeh if we have the money, but I'd definitely do that trade if we couldn't sign Housh.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)

I would make the trade, so many very good players are drafted later. I would defintely give up a 1st and 3rd for Boldin. He would probably make Hester a really good WR, Olsen a top TE and Forte even better. A guy that good opens up an offense because you have to game plan against him, something we don't currently have. Would Boldin want to play in Chicago though is the question because you would likely work out an extension for him as part of his accepting the trade.