Ben Wallace traded!!!

Hughes is making $12 million this year, and $12,827,676 next year, and $13,655,268 in 09/10.

Gooden makes $6.4 million this year and $7.1 million in 08/09.

Shannon Brown makes $1,044,120 this year.

Cedric Simmons makes $1,629,120 this year, $1,742,760 next year, $2,671,651 in 09/10, and has a qualifying offer of $3,734,968 in 10/11.

Wallace and Smith combine to make $20.7 million this year. Wallace will make $14.5 million next year and $14 million in 09/10. Griffin makes 1,593,000 this year.

So we come out even this year, but actually take on salary in 08/09 and 09/10.

This probably means someone else of decent stature will be moved tonight or next season (Hinrich, Hughes, Gooden), because I would think Pax wants to resign Deng at the very least...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got what could be 4 nice contributors for us.

I'd love to hold onto Gooden for the future, good rebounder and a post guy who at least has a low game. Hes gotta bring back the soul patch though lol.

Brown has played well in limited time for Cavs and is a Chicago product so good upside if he plays.

Simmons, don't know much about him but hes only 21-22 so that gives him lots of time to improve if he sticks around.

Hughes, we have plenty of guards wouldn't be surprised if he or someone else is traded but I think the deadline passed already.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 04:14 PM)
We got what could be 4 nice contributors for us.

I'd love to hold onto Gooden for the future, good rebounder and a post guy who at least has a low game. Hes gotta bring back the soul patch though lol.

Brown has played well in limited time for Cavs and is a Chicago product so good upside if he plays.

Simmons, don't know much about him but hes only 21-22 so that gives him lots of time to improve if he sticks around.

Hughes, we have plenty of guards wouldn't be surprised if he or someone else is traded but I think the deadline passed already.

There could always be a buy-out for Larry Hughes, too. The Bulls are a very small team except for Aaron Gray and Noah.

Good Trade. We had to get Wallace out of here, in fact Paxson had to get him out of here or thats where his job was heading too. Along with Tyrus and Noah, this opens a lot of playing time for Aaron Gray who is pretty much our only real big guy.

When all healthy this gives us a backcourt of Thabo-Hinrich-Hughes-Duhon-Gordon-Brown, hey that should be our starting lineup one game Thabo playing C, back on topic -- Small Forwards Deng, Nocioni, -- Power Forwards Gooden, Noah, TT, Simmons(who I think makes this deal overall) and Gray downlow

Potential Player I see that could leave next off-season would be Duhon and/or Gordon ... idk if I am by myself here but since the JimBo took over I think Thabo has been playing pretty damn good. Thabo is a suitable sub for either Hinrich or Hughes after this deal. Once again we are back to the days before Wallace where we complained about having no C, and are rich in the guard section.

I think these will be the first Three lineups we see with the deal

Gray-Noah-Nocioni-Hughes-Hinrich & Noah-Thomas-Nocioni-Hughes-Hinrich & Gray-Gooden-Nocioni-Hughes-Hinrich

When Gordon comes back he better be a-ok holding down that bench position cause he wont be seeing any starting time for a while and when Deng gets back then Nocioni becomes a great guy to come in for the 3 or 4 position. Funny how we have so many guards but its easy to come up with Download combinations

Edited by JFields27

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 04:49 PM)
Good Trade. We had to get Wallace out of here, in fact Paxson had to get him out of here or thats where his job was heading too. Along with Tyrus and Noah, this opens a lot of playing time for Aaron Gray who is pretty much our only real big guy.

When all healthy this gives us a backcourt of Thabo-Hinrich-Hughes-Duhon-Gordon-Brown, hey that should be our starting lineup one game Thabo playing C, back on topic -- Small Forwards Deng, Nocioni, -- Power Forwards Noah, TT, Simmons(who I think makes this deal overall) and Gray downlow

Potential Player I see that could leave next off-season would be Duhon and/or Gordon ... idk if I am by myself here but since the JimBo took over I think Thabo has been playing pretty damn good. Thabo is a suitable sub for either Hinrich or Hughes after this deal. Once again we are back to the days before Wallace where we complained about having no C, and are rich in the guard section.

I think these will be the first two lineups we see with the deal

Gray-Noah-Nocioni-Hughes-Hinrich & Noah-Thomas-Nocioni-Hughes-Hinrich

When Gordon comes back he better be a-ok holding down that bench position cause he wont be seeing any starting time for a while and when Deng gets back then Nocioni becomes a great guy to come in for the 3 or 4 position.

Why is Gooden not in any of this?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 05:39 PM)
I woudl think that would be the case. I really wanted Pax to flip someone for some picks, but this was a great trade. I have no idea what Cle was thinking.

I'm sure they were thinking along the lines of Wallace finding that old touch next to Z. He was the best when next to Rasheed Wallace, basically being the ignored one who needn't ever even think about touching the ball. Ben Wallace fits that system perfectly, and I think will bounce back with the Cavs.

I still don't see why they'd do it. Wallace was a cancer for us and the team is better by him being gone alone. Then you look at Drew Gooden who is still only 26 damn years old, you get Hughes who at least wants the shot (though he's glass and not very good when he takes the shot), and two young players.

I'm in love with Simmons.

Kirk Hinrich couldn't stop chuckling at the idea of Gooden, his teammate for three seasons at Kansas, coming to Chicago.

"He's a funny guy," Hinrich said. "Chicago is going to like him."

Hinrich insists that feeling will translate to Gooden's on-the-court performance.

"He's a real high-energy player who always has been a great rebounder," Hinrich said from his home. "He can shoot with some range. He's real competitive and wants to win. He's a real good friend."

I think that's the most honestly I've ever heard out of Kirk Hinrich. He seems to be pumped with this deal... perhaps this can really get the team rolling in more ways than one?

Whats up with the Conflicting reports?

looking at this link again http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3257159

look at the print which has the deal

Cavaliers get:

Bulls F/C Ben Wallace

Bulls F Joe Smith

Bulls 2009 2nd-round pick

Sonics F Wally Szczerbiak

Sonics G Delonte West

Bulls get:

Cavaliers F Drew Gooden

Cavaliers G Larry Hughes

Cavaliers F Cedric Simmons

Cavaliers G Shannon Brown

Sonics get:

Cavaliers F Ira Newble

Cavaliers F Donyell Marshall

Bulls F Adrian Griffin

then watch the video thats in it -- It has no Griffin to Seattle, instead Duhon(who would be a great player in seattle in my mind) and no Brown going to us.

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 07:13 PM)
Whats up with the Conflicting reports?

looking at this link again http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3257159

look at the print which has the deal

Cavaliers get:

Bulls F/C Ben Wallace

Bulls F Joe Smith

Bulls 2009 2nd-round pick

Sonics F Wally Szczerbiak

Sonics G Delonte West

Bulls get:

Cavaliers F Drew Gooden

Cavaliers G Larry Hughes

Cavaliers F Cedric Simmons

Cavaliers G Shannon Brown

Sonics get:

Cavaliers F Ira Newble

Cavaliers F Donyell Marshall

Bulls F Adrian Griffin

then watch the video thats in it -- It has no Griffin to Seattle, instead Duhon(who would be a great player in seattle in my mind) and no Brown going to us.

The video was from earlier today. The 11 player deal is the one, we keep Du but send Griff, and still get Brown.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 05:06 PM)
Larry Hughes = Bye Bye Ben Gordon?

Not yet, I think it's a good play by Pax. Take what we offer or buh-bye, we have your replacement for 2 more years. He's going to be 20 next year, and the best part is...HE'S a TALL GUARD!!! Finally.

the more I think about this trade the more I like it.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
HAHA larry hughes... sleepy will be happy with this.

Well, I like having him much more than ben wallace and do prefer him over ben gordon. And his contract is at least somewhat more tolerable knowing it wasn't us who signed him to it...

I still remember drafting him late in fantasy a few years ago and the big season he had... ^_^

Stay healthy and play hard, Hughes.

Gooden's not that good. There's a reason he's on his 4th different team in about 5 seasons now.

Decent offensive / low post player, but he's only a complimentary player, and defensively he's not that good. Says something that Cleveland would rather keep Varejao over him.

Hughes unless he gets his jump shot back, is fairly useless. Just hasn't been the same since he left Washington.

Simmonds I wouldn't expect much. The Hornets who are desperate for bench players dumped him before the season.

But the Bulls traded Wallace, so there's something.

I'd expect the Bulls to try and re-sign Deng, and Gordon will probably be in Memphis next season.

Hughes and Wallace should both benefit from the trade. Hughes was never a good fit for CLE. As a 2 G, he should be much better, imo. To me, I think the Bulls are better for this season, and much better in future years because of this trade.

Our bench is now sickening. Gordon, Nocioni off the bench?! No team in the east can match them from the bench. We should score a lot more points with Hughes. I like what I've seen from Gray and Noah recently. We still have no low post offense, but we're still pretty good down there defensively, and with the offense that our guards should provide, we are a very dangerous team. I love the defense Hinrich and Hughes will bring to the backcourt, as well.

Hinrich, Hughes, Deng, Gooden, Noah w/ Gordon, Nocioni, Duhon, Thabo, Gray, and TT off the bench. I like it.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)
Gooden's not that good. There's a reason he's on his 4th different team in about 5 seasons now.

Decent offensive / low post player, but he's only a complimentary player, and defensively he's not that good. Says something that Cleveland would rather keep Varejao over him.

Hughes unless he gets his jump shot back, is fairly useless. Just hasn't been the same since he left Washington.

Simmonds I wouldn't expect much. The Hornets who are desperate for bench players dumped him before the season.

But the Bulls traded Wallace, so there's something.

I'd expect the Bulls to try and re-sign Deng, and Gordon will probably be in Memphis next season.

Hughes is Ben Gordon but better defensively. I think we improve the team in both the low post and also defensively in the backcourt. Add a couple of solid bench players and the team is better, while trimming the fat.

Pardon me, but this trade didn't really do much. Getting rid of Ben Wallace is GREAT, but Simmons and Brown are meh, Gooden is just a serviceable guy that bounces around the league, and Larry Hughes makes Mark Prior look like a tough guy. Now, if Hughes can stay healthier and prove to be a legit 2 guard on both ends of the floor (which Ben Gordon isn't), that makes it a big plus and Gordon is gone. But otherwise, this trade is just crap for crap, although Big Ben being gone is great news.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 22, 2008 -> 03:07 PM)
Hughes is Ben Gordon but better defensively. I think we improve the team in both the low post and also defensively in the backcourt. Add a couple of solid bench players and the team is better, while trimming the fat.

Ben Gordon is a better offensive player than Larry Hughes IMHO. Hughes is shooting 37.7% from the field.

That's just terrible for a starting shooting guard in the NBA today.