Colon or Ohka?

DaTank

Well I know most people on here wouldn't want either, but, I think Colon would have a much bigger upside, even though we already have Ohka. Ohka just sucks. He is 50-63 lifetime, whereas Colon is 146-95 with a Cy Young in his trophy case. I would have much preferred Colon, even with his injury problems. I think signing Colon would be a win-win situation because what is wrong with spending 2-3 mil, even if he doesn't pan out, and if he does, well that adds another solid starter to our rotation. If Colon would stay healthy, I would much rather prefer him. Who would you guys pick and why?

the thing is colon isnt healthy. Colon would of been signed along time ago if he was and throwing in mid 90's. I dont know what you expect with free agent market pitchers this offseason. It was terrible class of free agents and w sox needed more offense and bullpen help. I dont even think w sox are seriously thinking bringing ohka in to start on major league roster. It's time to develop the rookies and make them produce.

Thats why I said it's a win-win situation, because if he isn't healthy, we don't throw away a ton of money, but if he is we can have a solid starter. And yes I know he didn't even hit 90MPH a few weeks ago in the Dominican Winter League.

If you're talking about who would I rather take a chance on to help the MLB team, there's no debate. Even a hurt Colon can get some outs. Ohka was awful in AAA all year in 2007. He's a non-entity. Colon is at least a gamble.

QUOTE(jenks45monster @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 05:30 AM)
Thats why I said it's a win-win situation, because if he isn't healthy, we don't throw away a ton of money, but if he is we can have a solid starter. And yes I know he didn't even hit 90MPH a few weeks ago in the Dominican Winter League.

The Sox agree with you, they've tried to sign him to a cheap deal, but the non guarantee of a rotation spot has left him to keep looking.