Member List

sox4lifeinPA

count me in: starting in at 249 (on monday) looking to drop 34 to 215....

Its about 3 and a quarter miles to campus for me and ive been trying to walk at least one way for some exercise in addition to recently starting to hit the gym agian....in the last 3 days ive made 4 legs of that trip and run another 2 miles so im gonna keep a meter going...

I've decided to join in. I'm 6 foot, 177 and am looking to get back down to about 155-160 and at that point, I plan on building a bit of muscle mass to get me into the 165 range.

Began yesterday (after my busy season ended) and plan on playing lots and lots of basketball to cut the weight (my actual diet appears to be pretty good for the most part so I'm not going to make many adjustments to that). I also am going to begin some early basic lifting (ie, pushups and curls on a bidaily basis and than situps on a daily basis to try to trim up the old abs).

Once I get to where I want, I'll do a more normal cardio routine and spent a bit of time lifting (just to try and get my muscles a bit more defined).

I'd also like to add this is my heaviest weight ever and I've always typically been in the 157-165 range since my junior year or so of high school.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 08:55 PM)
I've decided to join in. I'm 6 foot, 177 and am looking to get back down to about 155-160 and at that point, I plan on building a bit of muscle mass to get me into the 165 range.

Began yesterday (after my busy season ended) and plan on playing lots and lots of basketball to cut the weight (my actual diet appears to be pretty good for the most part so I'm not going to make many adjustments to that). I also am going to begin some early basic lifting (ie, pushups and curls on a bidaily basis and than situps on a daily basis to try to trim up the old abs).

Once I get to where I want, I'll do a more normal cardio routine and spent a bit of time lifting (just to try and get my muscles a bit more defined).

I'd also like to add this is my heaviest weight ever and I've always typically been in the 157-165 range since my junior year or so of high school.

I weighed 150 when I was your age. Now I weigh 210. :lol:

I've actually lost a little weight since New Years, but it's not by anything I've been doing.

I am killing myself. I've gained at least 20 pounds in the past year, and I needed to lose weight then. I'm on meds which could be reduced or eliminated if I lost weight.

Working from home is the #1 problem. At a desk all day with a fridge, oven, etc., right there.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, I'm jumping back into this now. Have a new daughter (4 months old), and its not just for me anymore - need to be healthy for her too.

Current weight: 252 (was a high of 261 a month ago, before I started working out again)

Goal weight: 200 by end of year

I'm 6'3", used to lift regularly and have some decent strength still, but lost a bunch. Want to lose 60 pounds of fat and put on 10 pounds of lean muscle mass.

My killer: at work, in the office, they have free soda, snacks, etc. Must stop drinking soda.

My plan: work up to biking to work every day (by early May), plus upper body muscle workout spread over the week. Keep breakfasts small, snack healthy during the day, keep eating decent dinners (wife keeps me in line there), and avoid the damn pop at work. Also will be playing softball once a week, but that's really just for fun.

And... go.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 09:37 AM)
OK, I'm jumping back into this now. Have a new daughter (4 months old), and its not just for me anymore - need to be healthy for her too.

Current weight: 252 (was a high of 261 a month ago, before I started working out again)

Goal weight: 200 by end of year

I'm 6'3", used to lift regularly and have some decent strength still, but lost a bunch. Want to lose 60 pounds of fat and put on 10 pounds of lean muscle mass.

My killer: at work, in the office, they have free soda, snacks, etc. Must stop drinking soda.

My plan: work up to biking to work every day (by early May), plus upper body muscle workout spread over the week. Keep breakfasts small, snack healthy during the day, keep eating decent dinners (wife keeps me in line there), and avoid the damn pop at work. Also will be playing softball once a week, but that's really just for fun.

And... go.

If you need a motivational spotter I work out at the Elston X-Sport Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday nights and Saturday mid-day.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
If you need a motivational spotter I work out at the Elston X-Sport Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday nights and Saturday mid-day.

I've only been to that one once so far - I will be using the one near my office in the CBOT (the XSport on South State) daily.

But if I ever change it up or start going to the Elston one regularly, I'll definitely get in touch. It helps a lot to have someone else working out with you - I find I get more done.