Bartolo Colon signs with Boston

GreatScott82

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3262747

I would have liked our Sox to get him but its not the end of the world. If we need it KW will go get a guy at the ASB. Kind of like how he aqcuired Freddy in 2004. If Milwaukee struggles this year, look for Sheets to be on his radar come the trade deadline.

QUOTE(lvjeremylv @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 04:49 PM)

I think we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief. We already have an over the hill pitcher more than capable of putting up an ERA near 6.

u can never have enough pitching but like they needed him lol i guess bcuz schilling might be done? lol good 4 them

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 04:14 PM)

I would have liked our Sox to get him but its not the end of the world. If we need it KW will go get a guy at the ASB. Kind of like how he aqcuired Freddy in 2004. If Milwaukee struggles this year, look for Sheets to be on his radar come the trade deadline.

how would we get sheets? i dont think we have one prospect theyd want. we dont have enough to give for him

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 05:17 PM)
In Chicago, he ate deep dish pizza, in CA he dined at In and Outs, where will Bartolo run up a tab in Boston?

Bartolo's Baked Beans, coming to a tavern near you (in Boston)

Colon may not have been the answer, but does anybody really think Danks and

Floyd are going to do much this year? Garland has so much more experience than

those 2 and he struggled at times for the Sox. I'd hate to be Kenny risking his future on Danks and Floyd as well as big question mark Contreras.

Who would have thought our rotation would be so much of a question mark just a few years after our starting pitching led the Sox to the WS crown?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 07:06 PM)
Colon may not have been the answer, but does anybody really think Danks and

Floyd are going to do much this year? Garland has so much more experience than

those 2 and he struggled at times for the Sox. I'd hate to be Kenny risking his future on Danks and Floyd as well as big question mark Contreras.

Who would have thought our rotation would be so much of a question mark just a few years after our starting pitching led the Sox to the WS crown?

I agree that the Sox have big-time rotation issues with a very unreliable Contreras and 2 youngsters, but Bartolo Colon certainly is not an answer. He would have been another problem.

Guess this only really leaves Kyle Lohse as a viable SP option out there.

Sounded as if Bora$$ was going to wait until a team suffers an injury in a rotation or something.

As for Colon, it came down to whether he was healthy or not.

Kenny has put his faith in Contreras, Danks and Floyd.

Our season depends on how those guys do.

• 1 month later...

Hmm;

Bartolo Colon faced just one batter over the minimum in five scoreless innings Thursday for Triple-A Pawtucket.

Colon hit 95 and 96 mph on the guy in the game against Indianapolis. Clay Buchholz's margin for error is getting smaller by the day. If Colon remains successful, the Red Sox will have to give him a look at the back of their rotation.