Your Favorite Childhood movies and TV shows

shipps

My favorite movies were Labyrinth with David Bowie,The Never Ending Story,The Goonies,Rookie of the Year,The Sandlot,Harry and the Hendersons,Short Circuit(Johnny number 5),Batteries Not Included,Little Shop of Horrors(ugh),Little Monster,and Boyz n the Hood to name a few.

My favorite Tv shows were K.I.D.S Incorporated,Full House,Mr.Wizard,Eurekas Castle,Fraggle Rock,Shake Rattle and Roll,Fresh Prince,Simpsons,Blossom(loved Sixes booty)Woa,Double Dare,Candid Camera,and of course Saved By the Bell.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 01:34 PM)
None of those are lame--especially not Double Dare.

Little Shop of Horrors is up there for me in movies that I wouldnt admit to people in the real world that I loved.Only feel free with my creepy friends on Soxtalk. :)

Thundercats may be the best show i had growing up. I dont care how old i am now, i'm pumped they are making a movie. (although it sucks it has to be CGI). They should have made one with actually people ala the He-Man Masters o fthe Universe movie with Dolph Lundren. Imagine Michael Clarke Duncan as Panthro...haha

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)
Little Shop of Horrors is up there for me in movies that I wouldnt admit to people in the real world that I loved.Only feel free with my creepy friends on Soxtalk. :)

being a theatre major and into the musical theatre scene that's something i openly admit all the time.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 04:14 PM)
I actually saw...at the Old Orchard theatre...Howard the Duck. The first showing. Yeah, that was dumb.

Great Space Coaster, Beyond the Magic Door, Gigglesnort Hotel and of course, Scooby Doo.

A guy I work with sounds like that pile of clay on that show. Always mumbling. No one knows what he's saying.

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 01:11 PM)
My favorite movies were Labyrinth with David Bowie,The Never Ending Story,The Goonies,Rookie of the Year,The Sandlot,Harry and the Hendersons,Short Circuit(Johnny number 5),Batteries Not Included,Little Shop of Horrors(ugh),Little Monster,and Boyz n the Hood to name a few.

My favorite Tv shows were K.I.D.S Incorporated,Full House,Mr.Wizard,Eurekas Castle,Fraggle Rock,Shake Rattle and Roll,Fresh Prince,Simpsons,Blossom(loved Sixes booty)Woa,Double Dare,Candid Camera,and of course Saved By the Bell.

I don't know. For me I like a lot of the stuff I grew up with as a kid even today. I cant say that there is anything that I can answer as a big miss today. In fact I have taken a fair amount of effort to obtain a lot of the cartoons and shows I grew up with for my children. I would rather my kids watch Woody Woodpecker, Chilly Willy, Scooby Doo, Captain Caveman, Fraggle Rock, the Tex Avery line and the rest over them watching some giggling pile of goo make sounds( Teletubbies), a large fat dinosaur (Barney), or adult men dressed up in colors singing to my kids ( the Wiggles). My son loves the older stuff and loves watching it. I have mixed in some Batman, Spiderman and the Superfriends recently and its been pretty cool watching him enjoy something I liked as a kid. I remember the enjoyment I had when I watched it, and now watching my son in particular love these cartoons is kind of cool.

After reading some of the responses I think I should have left off "some of them being lame now".I didnt intend to make it seem like all my favorites arent great movies or TV shows,just some of them jumped out at me.I just want to know your favorites whether they seem bad now or not.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
I don't know. For me I like a lot of the stuff I grew up with as a kid even today. I cant say that there is anything that I can answer as a big miss today. In fact I have taken a fair amount of effort to obtain a lot of the cartoons and shows I grew up with for my children. I would rather my kids watch Woody Woodpecker, Chilly Willy, Scooby Doo, Captain Caveman, Fraggle Rock, the Tex Avery line and the rest over them watching some giggling pile of goo make sounds( Teletubbies), a large fat dinosaur (Barney), or adult men dressed up in colors singing to my kids ( the Wiggles). My son loves the older stuff and loves watching it. I have mixed in some Batman, Spiderman and the Superfriends recently and its been pretty cool watching him enjoy something I liked as a kid. I remember the enjoyment I had when I watched it, and now watching my son in particular love these cartoons is kind of cool.

Boomerang from Cartoon Network is great for this stuff. I have my boys watching Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo, Popeye, Old Looney Toons (as opposed to Tiny Toons) and The Flintstones. They just watched The Three Stooges for the first time the other night. However, at 3 and 5 years old, they are still a little young to appreciate it.

I must admit, however, of all the new cartoons and shows, Spongebob is as funny and entertaining as many of the cartoons I grew up with.

Shows

Boy Meets World

The Jersey

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

The Famous Jett Jackson

Boy Meets World

Doug

Rugrats

Salute Your Shorts

Ahh Real Monsters

Rocko's Modern Life

Tiny Toon

Boy Meets World

Hey Arnold!

KaBlam

Wild and Crazy Kids

Legends of the Hidden Temple

Boy Meets World

Guts

Pete and Pete

Hey Dude

Boy Meets World

Smart Guy

Boy Meets World

As for movies...Disney Channel Orginal Movies FTW!!! Johnny Tsunami, SmartHouse, Brink, HalloweenTown, Alley Cat Strike, Phantom of the MegaPlex

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 07:23 PM)
Shows

Boy Meets World

The Jersey

The Famous Jett Jackson

Boy Meets World

Doug

Rugrats

Salute Your Shorts

Ahh Real Monsters

Rocko's Modern Life

Tiny Toon

Boy Meets World

Hey Arnold!

KaBlam

Wild and Crazy Kids

Boy Meets World

Guts

Pete and Pete

Hey Dude

Boy Meets World

Smart Guy

Boy Meets World

As for movies...Disney Channel Orginal Movies FTW!!! Johnny Tsunami, SmartHouse, Brink, HalloweenTown, Alley Cat Strike, Phantom of the MegaPlex

I'd agree with most of this. Boy Meets World=Best Show Ever.

Two best Disney Channel original movies- Johnny Tsunami and Brink. 1999 was a good year.

Cartoons

Wonder Twins

Scooby Doo

Looney Toons

Foghorn Leghorn, Wyle E Coyote, etc.

Flintstones

Underdog

TV Shows

Happy Days

Andy Griffith

Threes Company

Gilligan's Island

Alice

The Brady Bunch

MASH

All in the Family

Welcome Back Kotter

Dukes of Hazard

The Love Boat

Growing Pains

WKRP in Cincinnati

Different Strokes

Cheers

The Wonder Years

Movies

Animal House

Bad News Bears

Billy Jack

Blazing Saddles

Every Which Way But Loose/Any Which Way You Can

Jaws

North Dallas Forty

Rocky Series

Smokey & the Bandit

Cannonball Run

Cheech & Chong's

9 1/2 Weeks

48 Hours

Airplane

Back to the Future

Back to School

Better Off Dead

Beverly Hills Cop

Blue Lagoon

Blues Brothers

Breakfast Club

Brewster's Millions

Bull Durham

Cocktail

Crocodile Dundee

Dead Poet's Society

Die Hard

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Fletch

Ghostbusters

Good Morning Vietnam

Indiana Jones

Karate Kid

Lethal Weapon

Meatballs

Monty Python

Nat. Lampoons Vacation

Caddyshack

Nightmare on Elm Street

Porky's

Raising Arizona

Rambo

Risky Business

When Harry Met Sally

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 06:23 PM)
Shows

Boy Meets World

The Jersey

The Famous Jett Jackson

Boy Meets World

Doug

Rugrats

Salute Your Shorts

Ahh Real Monsters

Rocko's Modern Life

Tiny Toon

Boy Meets World

Hey Arnold!

KaBlam

Wild and Crazy Kids

Boy Meets World

Guts

Pete and Pete

Hey Dude

Boy Meets World

Smart Guy

Boy Meets World

i completely forgot about The Jersey. Holy crap... but everything else on there are the ones that come up whenever this conversation takes place w/ friends - in other words like once every month. lol

Showing my age, but here goes...

kids shows:

Garfield Goose

Ray Rayner

Cartoon Town/BJ & Dirty Dragon Show

Make A Wish

Bozo's Circus

Romper Room

New Zoo Revue

Electric Company

Zoom

cartoons:

Speed Racer

Woody Woodpecker

Flintstones

Tennessee Tuxedo

Bullwinkle

Tom and Jerry

Bugs Bunny/Looney Toons

prime time:

Brady Bunch

Partridge Family

special mention:

"The Most Important Person" and "The Kingdom of Could Be You" (five minute shorts that appeared between cartoon/kids shows on Channel 32 during the 1970s.

Lots more where those came from... this is just off the top of my head.