Blackhawks, United Center Question

The last time I went to see the Hawks, Dennis Savard was playing for them :o I went alot in the late 80's to the Stadium, but I've never been to the United Center. I'm taking my family to Sundays game.

I'm coming up I94 from Indiana and I was wondering if I can exit right on to Madison?

Also, the game is at 2pm. How early do they let you in?

QUOTE(Jim Spencer @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 11:31 AM)
I don't have the best seats, I'm sitting in section 227, but my son and I are excited to just go.

thanks for your help.

Those aren't bad seats.

I have section 303 for Sunday but my cousin might be coming through with a suite.

Either this Sunday or the 16th from what he tells me.

Since I already have tickets for this Sunday I'm hoping he gets the suite for the 16th.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 11:34 AM)
Those aren't bad seats.

I have section 303 for Sunday but my cousin might be coming through with a suite.

Since I already have tickets for this Sunday I'm hoping he gets the suite for the 16th.

I sent you a pm.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 11:34 AM)
Those aren't bad seats.

Where should I meet you guys :lol:

Section 227 at the UC is nice seats. They have a waiter/ress that works each of those sections, so theoretically you never have to leave your seats if you don't want to. Its also a smaller section with less people in it, and more of a season ticket holder crowd. You'll enjoy it, just don't expect it to be like the Madhouse on Madison. It is definately a more sterile experience. Kinda like going from Old Comiskey to the New.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 07:20 AM)
Where should I meet you guys :lol:

Section 227 at the UC is nice seats. They have a waiter/ress that works each of those sections, so theoretically you never have to leave your seats if you don't want to. Its also a smaller section with less people in it, and more of a season ticket holder crowd. You'll enjoy it, just don't expect it to be like the Madhouse on Madison. It is definately a more sterile experience. Kinda like going from Old Comiskey to the New.

So this section is like the 300 level sections at the Cell. I sat up there once and it was nice. Not alot of traffic up there, plus I got to shake Minnie Minnoso's hand :headbang

QUOTE(Jim Spencer @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 10:17 AM)
So this section is like the 300 level sections at the Cell. I sat up there once and it was nice. Not alot of traffic up there, plus I got to shake Minnie Minnoso's hand :headbang

Yeah, that's a fair comparison.....but I wouldn't hold out much hope of Minnie being at the Hawks game.

:D

QUOTE(Jim Spencer @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 10:17 AM)

That is a very solid comparision actually. You'll like it as long as you don't expect the old barn.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 09:34 AM)
What did you think of the AAC?

Meh. I wasn't that impressed. And Stars fans are kinda jerks. The fans that were there, that is. But, the 'hawks got absolutely smoked at the game, so they were pretty loud, and they shoulda been. I like the area around the AAC, though.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 08:28 PM)
Meh. I wasn't that impressed. And Stars fans are kinda jerks. The fans that were there, that is. But, the 'hawks got absolutely smoked at the game, so they were pretty loud, and they shoulda been. I like the area around the AAC, though.

The area around the arena is just spectacular, compared to what was there even three years ago. It's really grown up.

I like the AAC, but not as much as some other places I've been. Part of my "fondness" is that I worked there for 2.5 years. I know that building very very well.

QUOTE(Jim Spencer @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)
My family and I had a Blast today :headbang

The National Anthem was as loud as I remember it at the Stadium and our seats were alot better than I thought they'd be. My kids are already asking when we can go again.

score.jpg

Your memory has failed you :ph34r: