Sox @ D-Backs 2/29

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
There is no way he should make this squad, and you could say that before the Spring. If anyone needed to come out strong out of the gates this spring it was Mac, and he has totally s*** the bed.

Didn't you say a few days ago that he looked pretty bad in intrasquad too?

Damn, MacDougal just annoys me. I'm glad Lumsden and Cortes haven't panned out (yet) because I really hated that trade at the time, even though he was good in his stint with us in '06. I guess he reminds me of Billy Koch...less intimidating but a hard, STRAIGHT ball that gets rocked.

How in the world did Thome get a SB? I would have thought that the day I saw Thome get a SB, he would have been traded and running against the battery of Contreras and Pierzynski.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)
Damn, MacDougal just annoys me. I'm glad Lumsden and Cortes haven't panned out (yet) because I really hated that trade at the time, even though he was good in his stint with us in '06. I guess he reminds me of Billy Koch...less intimidating but a hard, STRAIGHT ball that gets rocked.

How in the world did Thome get a SB? I would have thought that the day I saw Thome get a SB, he would have been traded and running against the battery of Contreras and Pierzynski.

I'm sure it was some kind of botched play. I'd guess a 3-2 count where we struck out and the catcher missed the ball. No way it was a clean steal. If it was, Oz should be fired for having Jimmy voluntarily run.