Split squad thread Sox vs. DBacks 03/02

joejoesox

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)
it's only spring, yadda yadda ("He yadda yadda'd me!")

Vazquez, J

IP:2.1 H:5 R:5 ER: 4 BB:2 SO:3 HR:2 ERA:15.43

;) :lol:

why no game threads today?

Not sure about the game threads. I have read that spring training is not a true indicator of what a pitcher can perform. javy for instance may be working in a new delivery.. I have faith in Javy what choice do we have?

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 09:43 PM)
it's only spring, yadda yadda ("He yadda yadda'd me!")

Vazquez, J

IP:2.1 H:5 R:5 ER: 4 BB:2 SO:3 HR:2 ERA:15.43

;) :lol:

why no game threads today?

Could be worse:

Zito

IP:0.2, H:7, ER:8, BB:2, SO:0, ERA: 108.00

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 10:00 PM)
I'm not a Javy guy, but I don't even think twice about a veteran guy getting lit up right now. It doesn't mean anything. If it is continuing 3 weeks from now, I probably would change my mind.

All they are trying to do as starters is get loose and build up arm strength. Javy is throwing for the first time this spring I believe. Johan Santana got lit up the other day in his Mets debut.

Edited by elrockinMT

was 10-0 prior to the last two innings, d-backs

10-5 now, listening to the gameday audio right now, the way they are playing seems very swaggerish

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 04:20 PM)
All they are trying to do as starters is get loose and build up arm strength. Javy is throwing for the first time this spring I believe. Johan Santana got lit up the other day in his Mets debut.

nah he has pitched in IS games, but this is the first cactus league game he's pitched

Edited by joesaiditstrue

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 10:03 PM)
Split squad games today - the other game is in Mexico. Masset is dominating AZ - 3IP 3H 1BB 1K

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2...chamlb_arimlb_2

Sox 1 AZ 0 - 4th inn.

I wonder why Masset isn't considered a candidate for the 5th spot? It seems like he's busting his butt to be a serious contender for it (Losing 25 lbs and we know his fastball has some pop to it).

If he keeps throwing like this, it'd be hard for Ozzy and KW to ignore.

Haeger had his opportunity last season in Charlotte to be the 1st call up before Floyd, and his numbers didn't warrant the opportunity.

He deserves to be back there to start the season, and I figure he's been passed by the likes of Lance Broadway now.